Nothing Compares!

THEDISNEYSHEALYS

Earning My Ears
Just off a 3 night RCCL cruise. This cruise was such a let down compared to our Magic cruise back in Oct. NOTHING was even close to comparable, from the food to the service.:guilty: :sad2: :sad2: We learned our lesson DCL is worth every penny :thumbsup2 Has anyone else experienced this?

We did a 5 night on RCCL and we felt the same way but it was family cruise with 15 other members and we didn't organize it so we just sucked it up and tried not to compare everything to Disney. We are very happy with Disney and we've even turned one of my aunts who was with us on RCCL into a DCL convert. lol

Went on their new class - Freedom for 7 days. Beautiful ship but the service wasn't up to par. Had our room steward actually yell at me for not putting out the sign to make up our room! Service carts in public areas overflowing with garbage, etc. The dining room staff was the exception - absolutly fantastic! Even won the jackpot bingo (over $4,000!) on the cruise but that wasn't enough to convince me to sail with them again & would try other lines (Princess, Norwegian, Carnival) before we sailed with RCCL again.

yes i learned my lesson i was on explorer of the seas for a 12 night cruise in january. a beautiful ship but terrible shows. they had 2 good shows out of 12 nights. the desserts were terrible for the first 9 days than they got good at the end of the cruise.

We went on a 5 day & will NEVER do it again! The ship, the service, the food... nothing compared to Disney! Not worth the money, IMO. I will agree that the only good part was our wait staff, they were exellent!

We have been on 3 RCL cruises and we agree that DCL does it BETTER!!! All the way around. RCL does a nice job but not DCL quality. You get spoiled with DCL!!

Actually I don't think you can really compare a 3-day DCL cruise to a 3-day RCCL cruise because it's like comparing apples to oranges, both Carnival and RCCL usually put their older ships on this route unlike Disney who puts the same ship on their 3-day as their 7-day.

We've been on RCCL's Navigator of the Seas for a 5 night cruise and had a great time, no it wasn't Disney but we still had a fabulous time, food was good, shows were good, I laughed until I cried during a featured comedy show (it wasn't adult only, my DD went and laughed right along with me), we really enjoyed the ice skating show and the service we experienced was excellent...and we LOVED, LOVED our huge aft balcony, can't get that on Disney!!:rolleyes: And the price was much cheaper than DCL so that was another plus for us.

Actually I don't think you can really compare a 3-day DCL cruise to a 3-day RCCL cruise because it's like comparing apples to oranges, both Carnival and RCCL usually put their older ships on this route unlike Disney who puts the same ship on their 3-day as their 7-day.

We've been on RCCL's Navigator of the Seas for a 5 night cruise and had a great time, no it wasn't Disney but we still had a fabulous time, food was good, shows were good, I laughed until I cried during a featured comedy show (it wasn't adult only, my DD went and laughed right along with me), we really enjoyed the ice skating show and the service we experienced was excellent...and we LOVED, LOVED our huge aft balcony, can't get that on Disney!!:rolleyes: And the price was much cheaper than DCL so that was another plus for us.

Yeah, exactly. DCL is great, but I would go on another line before I paid double or triple the price for it. I've been on Carnival, RCCL and NCL, and we've enjoyed ALL our cruises.

Our family will be going on our first Disney cruise in November, and I KNOW that we will love it. That said, DH and I cruised with RCCL for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. Now that our sons are a bit "older" (10 and 5), we will probably cruise on a pretty regular basis. And it is safe to say that we will be going back and forth between DCL and RCCL, based on itineraries/cost/etc.

We have been on a number of DCL cruises, and loved them, went on RCCL Explorer last February and we absolutely loved it, our kids are older now and there was so much more for them to do, we are booked on the Freedom this February. As much as we love DCL it is hard at times to justify the price, and as the kids grow older their needs also change.

I've been on Princess twice, Celebrity once and DCL once. I wouldn't say "nothing compares" because, honestly, I thought Disney did it a bit better than Princess, but I enjoyed my Celebrity cruise more than the other three. Plenty of cruise lines are great; it all depends on what you're looking for in a cruise vacation. Everyone has a favorite.

I agree. I was on the 4-night Wonder in January 2008 and the 4-night Monarch of the Seas in December. I wasn't planning on going on another Bahamas cruise, but Monarch of the Seas was so inexpensive that it cost less for 2 people to cruise than to spend 4 nights at WDW! I cruised on Monarch before so I knew that the cabins were much smaller than DCL's. The cruise was also less than half the cost of DCL's. I thought the food and service were comparable - although there was no MOUSE on RCI! I enjoyed the entertainment on both ships.

When the price of a Disney cruise is comparable to a similar cruise on another cruise line, I will probably choose DCL. When DCL costs substantially more, I will vote with my pocketbook.

Just off a 3 night RCCL cruise. This cruise was such a let down compared to our Magic cruise back in Oct. NOTHING was even close to comparable, from the food to the service.:guilty: :sad2: :sad2: We learned our lesson DCL is worth every penny :thumbsup2 Has anyone else experienced this?

The food quality and the service on RCCL is horrible. We will never cruise with them again, twice was enough to learn our lesson:thumbsup2

Rob

well, NO other kids club can compare to DCL. We have cruised RCCL and Princess. Disney is the ONLY one that keeps the kids programs open the entire day and does not charge extra for after 10pm. We can cruise on OUR schedule without being on the kids club schulde. :thumbsup2

Ummm...that is actually a GOOD thing on a non-DCL cruise!!! LOL!!!

MJ

you were on the 1/17 Magic weren't you? There was a cruiser in the galley tour we went on who looked very similar to you. (Chef Vinnie was our tour guide.)

DCL is def. the best family cruise so far, but Celebrity was very, very good when we cruised without the kids. Everything was high end, the food, the service...just everything. So family cruises will def. be DCL:thumbsup2 and our adult 'fun' cruises will probably always be Celebrity!:) We always take 2 or 3 family vacations a year then try to grab some long weekends and possibly a week just for us ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter