• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

not_joanna_eggs' PJ - 1/24/2010 WP/CG: TR: MK/Epcot Photo shoot link posted

Hi Sis:wave2: Nice avatar (PS The wedding police work closely with the juice police, so you'd better watch out!)

I know I've been a bad disbride and not updating my journal, but between the holidays and going on vacation and planning for our vacation in March, and I have another vacation planned before then, and oh yeah - work...I've been quite busy. But I have a few updates

Since my DS thinks her dress is fugly, we'll put it up to a vote! What do you all think? Here's the supposedly fugly dress

IM000773.jpg

and a close up of the detail...
IM000774.jpg

I think it's a nice purple/pink color with cute detail, since my colors are going to be dark mauve and light green. But if you'll think that it'll look weird on her paleness - by all means let me know.

Here's my mom's outfit:
IM000771.jpg

I'm still not sold on the CG - I really like the AAP, I've seen such pretty pictures of it. We've made arrangements with the WC to see a few places when we're down there in March.

I was able to find an old picture of DF and I... It's old - I'm much more "fluffy" now (though I am down 50 lbs and counting - yay new meds!) and it's like over exposed, but it'll have to hold you over until March.

125_2506.jpg

Other than that, I'm going to my first bridal show on Saturday, so hopefully I'll have some ideas and stuff this weekend.

23 days until I'm 1 year out!

Hey fellow snow fan :-)rotfl: ) I agree with you - I like the dress!! Go to http://uglydress.com/ for some ideas on REALLY ugly dresses. hehehe

Where all did you go on vacation? And if it was warm, please tell!! :cold:

Ha! Now it doesn't have to be in my sig anymore ^_^'

Anyway... sure the dress looks okay on the hanger... that's how marketing works. They trick you with their trickiness. >_< But I insist that on the pasty / pinky - ness that is me... it don't look so good.

But thanks Trudy88 for your vote of confidence! I shall wear my dress with much pride ^_^ It's true though... it could be much much worse compared to what MegKate's link suggests! *shudders*

^_^'

I love the sibling bickering! Makes me feel like me and my MOH LOL! I think I am getting married the week after you (1st week of Feb 2010) so I'll have to do everything you do 1 week later! ahhh I can't believe its almost a year away! Love the PJ by the way, cant wait for more updates!

Hey fellow snow fan :-)rotfl: ) I agree with you - I like the dress!! Go to http://uglydress.com/ for some ideas on REALLY ugly dresses. hehehe

Where all did you go on vacation? And if it was warm, please tell!! :cold:

We're fans of snow? Really???

Acctually I narrowly excaped a Christmas Eve snow storm and headed out on a cruise ship in the Caribbean with the fam. Nothing says Merry Christmas like sipping Champagne from your balcony! I'm a huge cruising freak - going again in February :) I'm still at work, but I'll post a few picts tonight - since DS is on the boards now, I think the one of her holding an alligator is a must!

your sister's dress is lovely!

Thanks! I thought so too.

I love the sibling bickering! Makes me feel like me and my MOH LOL! I think I am getting married the week after you (1st week of Feb 2010) so I'll have to do everything you do 1 week later! ahhh I can't believe its almost a year away! Love the PJ by the way, cant wait for more updates!

I'm glad she's amusing someone :rotfl2: Congratulations on your wedding! Maybe we'll bump into each other! I'm still in shock that it's almost a year away. When I started my counter was at like 530 days - it's been flying! I feel like a slacker!

Welcome!

Um, Panic... have you met MY sister?!!?!? (She patented the :cool2: during her wedding planning.) She's all over my PJ

Joanna- I think the jacket is well, not awful... but certainly not great. I like the dress itself, but I might switch out the jacket for a chiffon shawl.

About Bob- Can you have Bob officiate your DFTW and then once you get home have him officiate your church wedding? Then he gets to do both and you don't have to worry about giving his parents an excuse.

About your locations- You can read my PJ, I switched my locations after my sight visit. Don't worry about that.

About the crazy parents: Don't worry about them. Hopefully they'll come around and if they don't, they don't.

Also, a word of advice... I've had lurked on these boards for a few years before I actually logged on and posted. One of the brides was writing similar things about her MIL and somehow they got back to the MIL.... from what I recall, it wasn't pretty. (She said something and one of her MIL's friends found it accidentally and posted and it was such drama.... and she ended up deleting her whole TR) So I might keep that in mind when you post. We're such a good group here that it's hard to remember that any random person can read what you are writing without posting..... I assume you don't need any more drama than you already have!

Also, a word of advice... I've had lurked on these boards for a few years before I actually logged on and posted. One of the brides was writing similar things about her MIL and somehow they got back to the MIL.... from what I recall, it wasn't pretty. (She said something and one of her MIL's friends found it accidentally and posted and it was such drama.... and she ended up deleting her whole TR) So I might keep that in mind when you post. We're such a good group here that it's hard to remember that any random person can read what you are writing without posting..... I assume you don't need any more drama than you already have!

I agree with Lindsay, I have seen a couple of girls pull their PJ/TR's because they were blowing off steam about the in-laws(mother and/or sister), ungrateful BM's, DF's friends.

Don't start your relationship with your in-laws off on the wrong foot.

Advice from someone who's been married 14 yrs and who has a 90 yr old Polish MIL. So I've been there and done that more times than I care to mention.

Welcome!

Um, Panic... have you met MY sister?!!?!? (She patented the :cool2: during her wedding planning.) She's all over my PJ

Joanna- I think the jacket is well, not awful... but certainly not great. I like the dress itself, but I might switch out the jacket for a chiffon shawl.

About Bob- Can you have Bob officiate your DFTW and then once you get home have him officiate your church wedding? Then he gets to do both and you don't have to worry about giving his parents an excuse.

About your locations- You can read my PJ, I switched my locations after my sight visit. Don't worry about that.

About the crazy parents: Don't worry about them. Hopefully they'll come around and if they don't, they don't.

Ahh... I'll have to rember that my sister isn't threatening to create her own boa-clad church - yet :cool2: (I'm a huge lurker on your PJ it's hilarious!)

I do agree wiht you that the jacket is a bit '80s, I like the idea of a greenish shawl to soften it and bring out the detail! That might also help panic's fear of being washed out.

Unfortunately, to make it "legal" we have to be married first, or technically he's comitting a big no-no and could face huge consequences with the church. Since I'd rather not get him excommunicated, we're still working on a solution....

I know what you mean about being careful - I think I'm okay so far since I've pretty much said what I said on the boards to her face as well -- so there's nothing that could really get me in trouble. But it's good to keep in mind that it is a public forum, it's easy to forget. Thanks :hug:

I agree to the green shawl. ^_^

... and what's this about a boa-clad church!? I'm imagining "Snakes on a Plane" except it's "Snakes on a Pew" and Samuel L. Jackson is yelling "I'm sick of these mf'n snakes in my mf'n church!"

Anyway... dearest sister, can you post some links to some pics of the places and restaurants (and menus) you're looking at so I can have easy access??

Thanks!

I agree to the green shawl. ^_^

... and what's this about a boa-clad church!? I'm imagining "Snakes on a Plane" except it's "Snakes on a Pew" and Samuel L. Jackson is yelling "I'm sick of these mf'n snakes in my mf'n church!"

Anyway... dearest sister, can you post some links to some pics of the places and restaurants (and menus) you're looking at so I can have easy access??

Thanks!

Try www.mouseweddings.com

Woo Hoo... I'm almost 1 year out! Though I'll admit it feels sort of anti-climatic.

I was a busy bee this weekend, so I've got a few updates.

First - We bought my wedding ring. We were at the mall and a store was having a huge clearance sale, so I just was looking, and found a ring that matched my e-ring quite well, originally a $1,500 ring, but since it was on clearance I got it for UNDER $200 :cool1: I haven't been able to get a good pict yet, but I will post when I do.

Second - I started on my STDs and hope to have them out early Feb. We have a lot of family in other states that we don't talk to regularly, so we're sending STD's a year out to get the word out...They're not quite finished yet, but I'll post when I have them...

Third - my mom and I went dress shopping for the first time. I figured that this would take forever, so we wanted to start early - but won't order until April (since I'm still loosing a ton of weight- though you can't tell from the pictures...). I didn't think I'd find anything, but I acutally found a few that I like.... so I'll let you all weigh in - as long as you ignore the make-up less, pulled through a rathole look I'm rockin' ;)

First Dress: I'd have it altered to have some type of thick straps - my DDD's can't be trusted on their own :lmao:

Picture008.jpg

And a close up of the detailing...

Picture007.jpg

Second:

Picture012.jpg

And the front detail...

Picture011.jpg

And the Train...

Picture013.jpg

And #3: (Mom didn't like this one, but I liked the detail on the train...)

Picture014.jpg

The Train...

Picture015.jpg

So thoughts? Which one do you ladies like best?

I really like the first one. I am pretty busty myself and I was surprised that a strapless dress looked good on me. I was worried and even bought a bolero but I decided not to wear it.

I don't want this to sound rude but I don't care for the halter top style dresses. I don't think it is flattering on busty types, I think it draws too much attention to the bust. The open neckline of the first is very flattering and elongating.

Coming from another busty girl, i completely understand wanting straps. :upsidedow I am still contemplating getting some cap sleeves for my dress.... anywho, I really like the third dress best! I think the detail is absolutely gorgeous and I think it looks very nice on you! I am pretty picky b/c I have such a hard time finding dresses and shirts that fit well. Halters are hit or miss. As long as you don't feel like you are going to fall out the side, and you are comfy in it, I think you should be fine! :goodvibes It looks beautiful on you! :thumbsup2

I like number 1 if you can have the straps/cap sleeves added otherwise number 3 the detailing is so pretty....They are all beautiful dresses good luck making your choice....:goodvibes

My vote is for dress number 1!! Simply because of the picture you sent me that you didn't put up on here!!

YOU LOOK HAPPIEST IN THAT ONE!!

I like the back of dress number 3 best, and the seagull that collided with your head in dress number 2.

I'm not sold on the veil yet. Looks best with your hair down but if the veil means no dead seagull... I say go for the plumage.

I really like the first one. I am pretty busty myself and I was surprised that a strapless dress looked good on me. I was worried and even bought a bolero but I decided not to wear it.

I don't want this to sound rude but I don't care for the halter top style dresses. I don't think it is flattering on busty types, I think it draws too much attention to the bust. The open neckline of the first is very flattering and elongating.

1 vote for #1.

You know, the halter looked good in person but I looked to be all ****s in the picture. Something I never would have thought of....

Coming from another busty girl, i completely understand wanting straps. :upsidedow I am still contemplating getting some cap sleeves for my dress.... anywho, I really like the third dress best! I think the detail is absolutely gorgeous and I think it looks very nice on you! I am pretty picky b/c I have such a hard time finding dresses and shirts that fit well. Halters are hit or miss. As long as you don't feel like you are going to fall out the side, and you are comfy in it, I think you should be fine! :goodvibes It looks beautiful on you! :thumbsup2

one vote for #2

I liked that one too - but mom not so much. It was the only one we disagreed on. The detailing was beautiful - and the neckline was much more open than on the 2nd one... and with a modesty panel there would be no chance of a wardrobe malfunction ;)

I like number 1 if you can have the straps/cap sleeves added otherwise number 3 the detailing is so pretty....They are all beautiful dresses good luck making your choice....:goodvibes

Vote #2 for dress 1. we did talk to the seamstress at the shop and she said the halter was 100% doable and the fabric from the designer is only $25 a yard....

My vote is for dress number 1!! Simply because of the picture you sent me that you didn't put up on here!!

YOU LOOK HAPPIEST IN THAT ONE!!

Is this the pic you're talking about?

Picture006.jpg

Don't be fooled the smile is just because that was the first one I tried on... after about the 5th one, I was exhausted!

I like the back of dress number 3 best, and the seagull that collided with your head in dress number 2.

I'm not sold on the veil yet. Looks best with your hair down but if the veil means no dead seagull... I say go for the plumage.

No worries no seagulls were harmed in the making of the head piece. The hair went up because it kept getting caught in the dresses and I was afraid of going bald. I doubt I'll have a veil either, but my kept sticking them on my head going "ooh that one is pretty - really nice for an evening wedding" "that one is okay for an afternoon wedding, but you're having an evening wedding..." UGH... I'm considering changing the time of my wedding again just to mess with her :rotfl2:

Okay I interrupt the PJ to say Happy Birthday!! and bring you this lovely picture of Panic...

Picture001.jpg

Now back to the PJ....

I took some pics of my wedding ring... the smoking deal that actually fit my gargantuan fingers....

Picture004.jpg

and the e-ring and wedding band together....
Picture005.jpg

And... I put down the final payment on our March trip today :cool1: I won't be able to eat for like a week... but we're going to DISNEY in 45 days!!!!

I still haven't finished the STDs, but I'm running out of other things to do besides cleaning and laundry, so I'll get to them soon :lmao:

Okay I'll leave you with one more pic of the birthday girl...and friend...

100_0040.jpg

I would go with whatever dress makes you feel the most comfortable, I am a busty girl myself (34E when at my ideal weight) so I know what you mean about wanting straps. On me I am not too keen on how they make my shoulders look, so I am going to invest in a great corset bra to go underneath. There is a company called Scarlett's corset that makes ones with steel closures and aluminum boning to give great support for us. But we still have to tread with caution, keep the girls from running a muck lol. A piece of advice I received for a well taught drag queen, the busty girls should go with a straight across top or a slightly curved neckline, and stay away from a sweetheart or too deep into the cleavage. All that being said, I vote for dress #1:thumbsup2

your posts always make me laugh! I love #1, and I agree with your sis, you do look happiest in it (although I know after a few dresses, the whole "trying on bridal gowns" things gets tired...)
I like the idea of straps too, they make such pretty sleeve/strap opitons that will look very delicate with your dress. let us know what you decide :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter