Not Usually One to Complain, But. . .

lovedcookie

Mouseketeer
After being together almost two years, DFi left me on Thursday with only a note.. . that really didn't offer much of an explanation. :sad1: My heart is so very broken I can hardly function. :sad1: We had our issues (doesn't everyone?) but nothing I thought we couldn't work through. He was so sweet the night before I never even suspected anything. So, now I've got to figure out how to put my life back together because I can't afford to stay in our apartment and I still have quite a bit of school to get through. Sorry. I just needed to vent. :sad1:

:grouphug: :grouphug:
I'm sorry I don't know what to say except it will get a little easier over time.
My 1st husband left me without an explanation. It is the worst thing anyone can do. You live with a void...until one day you realize that you are not to blame and you find the life you were supposed to have all along!

So...it sucks now, and it won't make you feel better, but it will get better in time. I wish I could say there was an easier way.

-Michelle

Hey -- so sorry about that! BTDT myself. Weeks later, he came around and said he wasn't ready. Yeah, whatever. I finally realized I was better off w/o him. When I look back, I know we would've been divorced w/in a year. If you're looking for a silver lining, at least it happened before you were married.

Hock the ring and use it to pay for your education. Have the last laugh on him when you get your degree!!!!!!

:hug: It wasn't what you planned and it's going to take some major adjustments but you are young, capable and free. Have some fun with your new freedom and pamper yourself. :hug:

I'm sorry too.

If you're looking for a silver lining, at least it happened before you were married.

I had a co-worker who told me she got up one day to go to work, sent her kids to school. What she thought was a normal weekday. When she got home she found a note from her husband in the mailbox. He said he needed to make a new life for himself and was on his way to Florida. She finally got child support from him and he would send an additional .01 to the amount. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. You must be in shock right now. I don't know how I would react to something like that. As painful as it is, it is better to happen now than after you are married or at the alter.

I'm sure it's hard to hear this right now, but this man just gave you a gift. If someone is that insensitive to blindside you and leave you with a note, then you are better off not having this person in your life. Maybe he isn't ready for a long-term committment, but to not talk it out with you is just completely spineless. You are young, getting your education and have your whole life ahead of you. Do something really nice for yourself today. I'm so sorry for all the hurt you're feeling, but it will get better and you will move on.

:grouphug: Just know that this is on him. Not you. What he did was cowardly. When you want to break up with someone, you talk about it, not leave a note with no reason. It just shows what kind of person he is. (I know that's not much consolation right this moment, but it will become significant as you start to feel better).

:hug: :hug:

I got an email from a BF and all it said, "Sorry, can't do this." And that was it.

It's hard. Get your girlfriends together, go do something with just the girls today. This will get better, definitely not today or tomorrow, but eventually it will. Hang in there.

Yikes! Maybe he panicked? Is the wedding planned and close? Personally, I wouldn't rush to any conclusions just yet. Has there been any contact since the note?

I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

This happened to me when I was younger too, except my then boyfriend didn't give me the courtesy of leaving any note or explanation. Yep, I was sad for a few weeks. But then I realized I was stronger than I thought. Started working out and feeling better about myself and my new found freedom. Started dating and the loser came back to me with his tail between his legs begging me to take him back. Like someone else said, this man gave you a gift. Now go get the life you deserve and remember that when one door closes, another one opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter