• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOT the best trip:( And I HATE the busses. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And please stop saying I should not have even gone on this trip. NO ONE WAS SICK WHEN WE LEFT!!!!! NO ONE!!! How was I to know that my DH and my son were going to get it while we were there? I assumed that since my oldest was fine for a few days that we were in the clear. Was I supposed to cancel and lose all that money "just in case" we got sick? I mean really. You know none of you would have done that either. Don't judge me.

So, this post (post 3 days before you left and linked to up thread) was just a lie?

We leave sunday for our trip and my oldest son jsut came home from school throwing up Nurse said it has been going around which means my 6 year old will get it too and then probably the rest of us. My DH, baby and me are already sick with horrible colds. What am I going to do if one or more of us is sick when we need to get on that plane? I am so nervous right now that this will just ruin our trip. I don't even know what to do. We have MVMCP the day we get there too.

Hopefully no more

He was sick on the 30th and the 1st. We left on the 5th. Math is obviously not your strong suit.

Again..rudeness. I am not a liar.

Yeah, here's my issue: The OP is being very defensive, and I get it, it sucks to get flamed. Lord knows it has happened to me. I agree with still going. I would've gone. A vacation in my villa sick is better than being at home sick.

But OP seems to be making a LOT of excuses, and the one that stands out for me the most is that they "didn't think" the baby had what everyone else had and still went to CM's. Out of everything that OP said, and the few things they got upset at, this is the only thing that I don't understand. I get having a less than stellar trip, and I get bus issues, and I get sick family. All of that has happened to me before too. But puking baby and still taking the baby to dinner? No. You don't have to make everyone stay back, just you and the baby.

Other than that, what disappoints is that the OP is so angry that they are not even acknowledging the friendly advice that some of us have offered. We just want to be helpful as so many other people here have done for us. Trust me, after my first big flaming, I think twice before posting sometimes! :santa:

He was sick on the 30th and the 1st. We left on the 5th. Math is obviously not your strong suit.

What is shows is that you pretty much knew the rest of your family would get sick. And you made the choice to still go on your vacation. It was no suprise that the rest of the family got sick, which in turn makes it no suprise that your trip was not what you wanted it to be.

And I'm sorry, but how could you then make the assumption that your baby, who was throwing up all over, didn't have what the rest of them had? Why would you even think of taking a baby who was puking into a restaurant? You could have very easily taken the baby back and sent the rest of them in to enjoy their meal. Not exposed everyone else to whatever your family was passing around. That was not well done of you.

You also stated that you were "livid" when you got the call that your room was ready after you went to DTD. You can't post that and then say later on you were not upset with the hotel about it when you obviously were.

What about the fact that you, your DH and your baby had "horrible colds". Yours was so bad, according to you, that they were sure it was pneumonia. Sure sounds like being sick before you left to me.

Yeah, here's my issue: The OP is being very defensive, and I get it, it sucks to get flamed. Lord knows it has happened to me. I agree with still going. I would've gone. A vacation in my villa sick is better than being at home sick.

But OP seems to be making a LOT of excuses, and the one that stands out for me the most is that they "didn't think" the baby had what everyone else had and still went to CM's. Out of everything that OP said, and the few things they got upset at, this is the only thing that I don't understand. I get having a less than stellar trip, and I get bus issues, and I get sick family. All of that has happened to me before too. But puking baby and still taking the baby to dinner? No. You don't have to make everyone stay back, just you and the baby.

Other than that, what disappoints is that the OP is so angry that they are not even acknowledging the friendly advice that some of us have offered. We just want to be helpful as so many other people here have done for us. Trust me, after my first big flaming, I think twice before posting sometimes! :santa:

I agree. A Disney vacation is by no means inexpensive!:laughing: So I can understand wanting to go despite a recent illness and the possibility of other family members coming down with it.

But I think the fact that the OP, her DH and sweet baby were already sick with colds probably didn't set the tone for a magical trip. Meaning that when you're not feeling well (even if it's just a cold) things might irritate you more quickly than if you were well. I'm not guilty of every doing that...:rolleyes1:laughing: Please don't ask my DH!:laughing:

However, if it had been me (this is only my opinion of course) and my baby had projectile vomited and then vomited again on the way to dinner, I'd have turned around and gone back home (or to the hotel). Especially given the fact that the other family members had been ill or vomited within the last few days or so which would make me think that it had spread to my baby.

Again, I understand that nobody wants to be sick on vacation and miss out on anything but a sick baby (even if he's acting fine right after) should probably be resting. Not to mention the fact that he's now contagious.

OP, I'm sorry you had such a bunch of crappy circumstances surrounding this trip. I actually had to cancel our trip this past Oct. because I was sick in the hospital for 3 days with food poisoning. Talk about disappointing.

Hopefully your next trip will be a winner!:thumbsup2

I agree. A Disney vacation is by no means inexpensive!:laughing: So I can understand wanting to go despite a recent illness and the possibility of other family members coming down with it.

But I think the fact that the OP, her DH and sweet baby were already sick with colds probably didn't set the tone for a magical trip. Meaning that when you're not feeling well (even if it's just a cold) things might irritate you more quickly than if you were well. I'm not guilty of every doing that...:rolleyes1:laughing: Please don't ask my DH!:laughing:

However, if it had been me (this is only my opinion of course) and my baby had projectile vomited and then vomited again on the way to dinner, I'd have turned around and gone back home (or to the hotel). Especially given the fact that the other family members had been ill or vomited within the last few days or so which would make me think that it had spread to my baby.

Again, I understand that nobody wants to be sick on vacation and miss out on anything but a sick baby (even if he's acting fine right after) should probably be resting. Not to mention the fact that he's now contagious.

OP, I'm sorry you had such a bunch of crappy circumstances surrounding this trip. I actually had to cancel our trip this past Oct. because I was sick in the hospital for 3 days with food poisoning. Talk about disappointing.

Hopefully your next trip will be a winner!:thumbsup2

THIS!!! :thumbsup2

I hate that you had a bad time and had a sick family. Believe me, I know what it's like to be sick at Disney. I got the stomach bug on my honeymoon in May 2006 because of people that take their families out to buffets and the parks with this horrible virus. I only got to enjoy the first two days of my 6 day trip. I stayed in the room until I was not vomiting, no stomach troubles and was not nauseous for at least 24 hours. Also, I've never seen so many sick people last Christmas at WDW. Every bathroom had someone throwing up in it.

You asked what's so wrong with you wanting your sons to be happy by still going to CM after your baby was sick... It's wrong because you then spread the bug to others which then ruins their vacation like my honeymoon! The boys could have enjoyed CM with just dad. You know yourself that it wasn't fun to be at Disney with a sick family. You stated that. Why would you risk spreading it and making some other family deal with the same illness? If my family was well and wanted to eat at Chef Mickey and my baby projectile vomited, my husband could have taken the other children and I would have taken my baby back to the room. Your husband let you take the boys to MVMCP by yourself, you could have let him take them to CM and you could have taken the baby back. At that point, you didn't know if the baby had the virus or not. If others had it in my family, it's safe to assume that if the baby throws up, he has it too. To me, it's just a bit selfish to spread the germs when you could have taken the baby back by yourself.

I took my baby to the restaurant, as I said, because my older two were very upset about not being able to go. They were looking forward to the whole trip and told me they were "starving". The baby threw up on the bus and once more a little bit before getting into the restaurant. I still don't think he had what the rest of us did. He was completely fine after that. No fever and still had an appetite later in the night after dinner. No one saw him throw up. And even so saying he would have ruined someone's life if they saw him vomit is crazy. And to insinuate that I don't care about other people is insane. You are ignorant.

Obviously there were plenty of sick people there at the same time since other people were seeing people throwing up and others were sick as well and still went to the parks. I didn't go to the parks with anyone sick. I did not get anyone else sick. SOme of you are very ignorant and judgemental.

Again, I would never wish this on anyone. NO one should should have to go through sickness on a trip, its sad to put out all that money and not be the vacation you hoped for. And there is NEVER an excuse for anyone to rude at Disney. Not a bus driver, not a CM, not a waiter, and especially not a character. I hate to burst your bubble, but Disney is not perfect, so don't flame me because I experienced some rude people and then turn around and tell me it as my fault they were rude to me. You guys are nuts. I would never blame anyone for getting bad service, no matter where they were.

You are crying a whole lot of "don't judge me's" when you are judging other people yourself.

As for the vomit thing, it wouldn't ruin my whole trip because I am working through this, but there are people (like myself) who clinically phobic of vomit-that does not make them crazy. There are people who are phobic of the dark, spiders, dogs-everything. It doesn't make anyone crazy. It does however make you ignorant for saying that. I understand that you had a crappy trip and are probably upset about getting negative comments about your post but that doesn't give you the right to say those things.

First of I'm really, really sorry about your trip. No matter whose fault it is including not anyone's fault and just circumstances out of your control-- having a bad trip is awful.

My 2 cents:

If one of your kids gets sick or if anyone in your house is sick, chances are really really really high the rest of the clan will too. That being said, having planned your trip for months in advance as most of us here on the Dis do and spent alot of $ on a trip, it tends to skew your judgement. I was really really sweating my kids getting sick because we went in mid Nov and all the kids at school were starting to come down w/ stuff. I armed them with pocket size germ x and warned them about staying away from kids who looked ill. I'm glad they didnt because I would of hated to have made that decision to postpone our trip.

As for check in: I guess you have just been very lucky because policy does state that you may check in but your room may not be ready till 3 or 4 (not sure wich it is) but def not before 3pm. Last yr, arrived at Movies at 12 pm and got our room so yea sometimes you luck out!

Bus problems: I believe this is a legitimate complaint and enough people complaint about it that it cannot be a lie. Our trip both last yr and this yr, we had absolutely no problems w/ the bus serv.

As far as the Magical Express bus getting you there 15 min before your flight, I would def, def let someone at Disney know, that is unacceptable.

Rude CM's: it happens. Did not encounter any last yr but this yr, encountered quite a few but I just dont let these people hinder my vacation.

Our waitress at Whisp Canyon Cafe was rude, Sassy Sarah was more like rude Sarah. CM at the Lost and Found so, so rude. So rude that the other people there dropped their jaw at how rude she was being.

Rude Characters: people of the DIS, it also happens. I've seen it. Thankfully not us. and yes the characters at the buffets are rushed. I did dislike this but like I said, I dont let these things harsh my Disney mood. The restaurants are filled to the rim and they have to rush the characters so everyone gets a photo op. It is what it is and not sure if this will change. Maybe if enough people complain????

The only thing I can tell you OP is to contact Disney and complain about both rude CM's and rude characters.

Buffet prices: yes very very high! I understand your upset that the price was high and no one hardly ate but this is completely not Disney's fault. Even if you had ate alot, no way does the amount of food you eat justify the price because the character buffets are priced that way for the character experience and not the value of the food.

All in all I think it was just bad luck getting sick, a little misinformation and some legitimate Disney complaints wich added up to a bad trip. Your kids had a good time and as a mother that counts for alot, in my opinion!

As far as the Magical Express bus getting you there 15 min before your flight, I would def, def let someone at Disney know, that is unacceptable.

BUT this is not was she said.... re-read the later post. She GOT to her gate about what looks like 20 minutes prior to flight time.

That means that they were in the airport, checked in, maybe even checked baggage and got through security and rode over to the terminal. This whole process usually takes us at LEAST 45 minutes and we only have two kids ~ when they were babies it took even longer.

Which means that they got her there about an hour before her flight (to the airport).

They build in quite a bit of extra time for glitches.

BUT this is not was she said.... re-read the later post. She GOT to her gate about what looks like 20 minutes prior to flight time.

That means that they were in the airport, checked in, maybe even checked baggage and got through security and rode over to the terminal. This whole process usually takes us at LEAST 45 minutes and we only have two kids ~ when they were babies it took even longer.

Which means that they got her there about an hour before her flight (to the airport).

They build in quite a bit of extra time for glitches.

Nope, sorry. We got to the airport about 25 minutes prior to the flight. Luckily no one was in the check in line and since we got to use the stroller security line, that was fast. We pretty much ran and so we got to our gate 15minutes before our flight...like I said. I just happened to luck out with quick, short lines at the airport. If I hadn't, we would have missed the flight. Everyone knows you should be at the airport no less than 90 minutes before your flight for theses reasons and especially with the new security precautions they have in place. This was totoally our drivers fault. He even apologized for his being confused and not knowing where he was supposed to be and moving a little slow.

Nope, sorry. We got to the airport about 25 minutes prior to the flight. Luckily no one was in the check in line and since we got to use the stroller security line, that was fast. We pretty much ran and so we got to our gate 15minutes before our flight...like I said. I just happened to luck out with quick, short lines at the airport. If I hadn't, we would have missed the flight. Everyone knows you should be at the airport no less than 90 minutes before your flight for theses reasons and especially with the new security precautions they have in place. This was totoally our drivers fault. He even apologized for his being confused and not knowing where he was supposed to be and moving a little slow.

I do believe you on that one. My return trip to the airport on ME a couple of weeks ago was less than stellar. Luckily we had a very short (abnormally short) security line, and were able to scarf down a burger before going to the gate. I'm actually thinking a towncar may be the way to go for my next trip.

This is an interesting thread, over 90 posts and over 5,000 views. It will be interesting to watch how much more can be said about this situation.

Merry Christmas to all.

Sounds like you are really upset you were caught in a lie...not a big deal why are you making it so. You knew you were all sick or getting sick...so what. You made the decision to go...accept the consequences which is a less than steller trip...

Sorry your family all became Ill on your vacation.

I will have to agree with you on the bus system and Chef Mickey’s.

1.We were warned about the bus system from my best friend so we rented a car! We decided to give the bus a try one day after that experience we where very glad we rented a car.

2. Chef Mickey’s what a disappointment! Food and Service at a $5 Vegas buffet is better then Chef Mickey’s. You would think a Character meal branded around the king of WDW would be better. I am glad we only wasted 2 TBS cr vs. $75 OOP for 2 adults.

Rude CM I had a very rude CM at guest relations in the MK, however I had at least a dozen CM give great customer service.

I do believe you on that one. My return trip to the airport on ME a couple of weeks ago was less than stellar. Luckily we had a very short (abnormally short) security line, and were able to scarf down a burger before going to the gate. I'm actually thinking a towncar may be the way to go for my next trip.

Stories like this make me *almost* glad that they force me to get on the DME four hours before my flight, even though my suggested check-in time is the same as if I were on a domestic flight (my flight is to Canada).

Jesus people CHILL OUT.

Is that language necessary? Really?

I'll give you the buses, that wait was insane. And there's no excuse for rude CMs. I'm sorry you had bad experiences with that. But I do have issues with you bringing your baby - who vomited twice - to dinner. I am emetophobic. Seeing someone throw up, hearing someone throw up, just the thought of throwing up - freaks me out. And since your child threw up twice, there was a good chance it could have happened again. At the restaurant. Where people are eating. Even if I didn't have a vomit phobia, that would ruin my night. Would it ruin my life? No. But it would certainly ruin my dinner.

I also agree with those who said maybe you should have canceled your trip. These stomach bugs can have a long incubation period, so your family could very well have been ill before you left. They most likely were. Going to Disney probably wasn't wise. Not only were you miserable, but the people you may have infected probably weren't too thrilled either.

Not posting this to be rude, just my 2 cents. I am truly sorry you had a bad experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter