not sure where to post this...question about checking bags at entrance

DisneysPrincess25

DisneyPrincess
So my boyfriend and I will be leaving in just 17 days!! I have medication from my doctor that I have to take 3 times a day. I was wondering if I would be able to just take out the 3 pills and put them in a little bag each day instead of bringing the big bottle with me. Would this be a problem or would they need to see the bottle with the doctors name and everything else on it.

I've brought med's into the park before and park security has never so much as batted an eye at them. You should be fine

So my boyfriend and I will be leaving in just 17 days!! I have medication from my doctor that I have to take 3 times a day. I was wondering if I would be able to just take out the 3 pills and put them in a little bag each day instead of bringing the big bottle with me. Would this be a problem or would they need to see the bottle with the doctors name and everything else on it.

They are not there to check for medications.
They are not like the TSA checkers at the airport.

Disney's bag-check CM's are specifically (and primarily) looking for alcoholic beverages, weapons, and glass containers.

BTW, they do not check pockets, they only check bags.
Just put the meds in your pocket, and have a great trip!!

Get yourself a little pill container. Somethng like this is great because you can carry with or without a bag.

pill1.jpg

The won't care about pills, but they seem to pay a lot of attention to feminine hygiene products. :headache:

The won't care about pills, but they seem to pay a lot of attention to feminine hygiene products. :headache:

Sorry for being off topic, but this made me laugh...the last time we went, I had these products in my bag. The older gentleman checking my bag, winked at me and said "Don't let them stress you out today." Then he looked at my family and said, "Be extra nice to her today." Ummmm...they weren't even mine!

You could always go to your pharmacy and ask for a small vial with a label on it. I used to be a pharmacy technician and we did it all the time for patients and it takes no time at all. I know if it was me, and I placed medication in a pocket it would be the one time that it would come out on a ride or I would place it in our bag and it would work its way to the bottom becoming more of a pain to attempt to find it.

I have a little tylenol travel size bottle that I refill out of a larger one for park days in case of headache or whatever. I take whatever number of perscription pills I need and put them in the travel tylenol bottle and have never had a problem.

Sorry for being off topic, but this made me laugh...the last time we went, I had these products in my bag. The older gentleman checking my bag, winked at me and said "Don't let them stress you out today." Then he looked at my family and said, "Be extra nice to her today." Ummmm...they weren't even mine!

OH MY!!! I dont know if i would have laughed or cried... :goodvibes

That's strange... it's company policy to never imply ownership. It's A product, not YOUR product...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter