Not sure how to make a reservation and rent points..

pooka16

Earning My Ears
I have read through all the FAQs but still a bit lost....

I am looking to stay at bay lake towers during [time frame removed]. Can i make that reservation now or do i have to wait? how do i do that? how do i check availability even for that week?

It looks like i need **** points to do that.... since it seems that most people post for sale points less than that, can i buy from multiple people and apply toward the reservation? how is that done?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Philip

Edited to remove travel specific information - Chuck S

DVC Members can book their home resort (the resort where they actually own their points) for travel 11 months prior to check-in date. Non-home resorts may be booked at 7 months prior to arrival.

You don't actually rent points. You rent a reservation made for you by a DVC Member. DVC Member Services will not have any contact with anyone except the DVC Owner. As a non-owner you can not check availability, the DVC Owner with whom you are negotiating the rental has to do that for you. Given that you need a large number of points, you can rent some days of your reservation from one owner and other days from another owner if no single owner has the number of points needed.

Rentals are a private transaction between you and the DVC Owner, much like renting a beach house from someone. DVC/Disney will not become involved if the transaction goes sour.

If you check out the sticky threads at the top of the DVC Rent/Trade Board, you'll find out a lot of information about "renting Points".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter