not sure about CP...feedback please

chrismartinique

Mouseketeer
Managed to get 8:05 breakfast at CP which I know is a good thing for multiple reasons. The food sounds good. The omelet station is a draw for sure. Problem is we are not so into Pooh & friends. Are the good things enough overshine the eh characters? Is it only Pooh characters?

Yeah pretty much the pooh characters. We love Tigger :)

The food is great there, but we love breakfast so that probably helps..

10535136_530463807099785_527807486_n.jpg

We can take or leave the Pooh characters, we go for the food. :) It's a must do for us, sometimes even twice per trip. I definitely don't think you will be disappointed. :)

Our experience wasn't that great. Food not that good, service horrible, and it took the characters FOREVER to come around.

We go because we love the Pooh characters, but I think it would be worth going even if you didn't care about the characters. The food is very good - love the omelet bar and the puffed French toast. Also, a pre-park opening ADR is invaluable to me. Love having a mostly empty Main Street!

If your main goal is to get into the park before opening, I'd keep the reservation. There's no rule stating you have to wait to see all the characters if you don't care about meeting them. Just enjoy your breakfast, then be on your way. :)

this is how we do our early ADR to give you some ideas :)

we arrive at MK about 7:30am and get in line. they let you in about 7:50am. we stroll to Crystal Palace trying hard not to walk straight to the Castle lol.. we check in and get our pager.. THEN we walk over and get good pics of the family at the castle and stuff until the pager goes off. (it works all the way at the castle) We eat, see the characters for teh kids, then we usually have about 15 minutes before rope drop and we walk around doing more candid pics and junk and then watch the wave of people come down Main street :)

Another enthusiastic vote for CP breakfast. We make it a point to have breakfast there at least once very trip. The food is great - freshly prepared in small batches that are constantly replaced. I love the scrambled eggs and the puffed French toast. We have invariably had attentive and personable servers. To be honest, we're much like the OP and not all that much into the Pooh characters - we go for the food. We've found that the characters will have as much or as little interaction with your table as you indicate that you want. Since we're two adults with no kids, we generally just greet the characters when they come by and make a friendly comment or two, and when they see that we aren't looking for pictures or autographs or hugs, they wave a pleasant goodbye and move on to the next table. They don't impose themselves on anyone unless it's obvious that the people at the table want more attention.

I love Crystal Palace! I also love Pooh, but the food is good enough for me to make that a reason to go alone. It's my favorite restaurant in MK for food, though I haven't tried BOG yet, so that may change.

Back and forth on CP. It used to be my favorite spot due to the decent prices (comparatively), good tasting food, and opportunity to get into MK early. However, last November I got violently ill after eating breakfast there and couldn't eat, drink, or get out if bet for about 30 hours... Not the best experience on vacation. I'm sure It was more of a one time thing as everyone else has been fine but that was enough to make me stay away for awhile.

I love the breakfast at Crystal Palace - we've done a pre-park opening ADR our last two trips. Along with the usual breakfast fare, the Pooh's puffed French toast and the make your own omelet station are great! My omelet was awesome and I look forward to my next one!

Just ask for your bill and pay it as soon as you sit down - then you're free to go as soon as you're done.

This is a can't miss breakfast for us - I hope you keep it and have a great time!

We go because we love the Pooh characters, but I think it would be worth going even if you didn't care about the characters. The food is very good - love the omelet bar and the puffed French toast. Also, a pre-park opening ADR is invaluable to me. Love having a mostly empty Main Street!

I completely agree with this and that is one huge factor why we make ADRs for CP. Having an 8am breakfast on a non EMH day is huge when wanting to take pictures of a nearly empty Main Street (unless you are going at Peak times, then it would be nearly empty ;)). My family actually likes this restaurant, DH loves the omelet bar, the kids and I are in love with the pooh puffed pastry, and there are so many other offerings that are just as good. As you can see by my name, I don't mind Pooh and Friends either ;).

An 8:05 CP ADR is one of our faves, we do it each trip, but we love Pooh & friends. The buffet is one of the better breakfast buffets, IMO. But, it is a buffet and to me the quality of food at a buffet is never as good as a good TS, so if you are not interested in the characters at all, you may be better off elsewhere. That being said, the early morning stroll up Main Street is worth it in itself. I would keep your ADR and give it a try.

We're two adults and not into any characters, let alone Pooh. We always do a character breakfast or two because 1. we are big breakfast people and love the buffets and 2. we like to take advantage of the pre-park opening ADR. CP was good and had some unique offerings. Pooh & friends were secondary for us - we said hey and they were on their way. Didn't even see Eeyore I think. It was also nice to get a few pics of Main St and the castle with very few other people in them.

If you're being selective on character meals, I do think Tusker House at AK is better overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter