not sold in canada/bonine/bonamine

bigturkey12

Mouseketeer
does anyone know if bonine and bonamine are the same thing?
i can only get gravol and scoplamine here which settles the stomach but has higher incidience to cause drowsiness. on these boards ive seen bonine and bonamine are they tge same thing and i do believe they dont cause as much drowsiness. im going to try to get some once im in the usa. thanks for the help

Bonamine is available in Canada.

At least it is in my part of Canada;)

I bought it at Shopper's Drug Mart, don't know if you have any of those near to you.

The active ingredient is Meclizine Hydrochloride tablets USP 25mg.

I believe Bonine, Bonamine, Antivert, Postafen, and Dramamine are all just different brand names for medications that contain meclizine (an antihistamine that is also considered to be an antiemetic). Dosages and formulations might be somewhat different however.

I just ask for meclizine as it's also sold without the branded names, which in my experience just add to the cost. Meclizine is sold over the counter here, though you do have to ask the phamacist for it.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about any or all of the above. ;)

My last package of Bonamine that I bought I just took off the shelf where all the other antinausea drugs were :confused3

Mine is past the expiry date though, so maybe they have changed the rules of where it is kept.

does anyone know if bonine and bonamine are the same thing?
i can only get gravol and scoplamine here which settles the stomach but has higher incidience to cause drowsiness. on these boards ive seen bonine and bonamine are they tge same thing and i do believe they dont cause as much drowsiness. im going to try to get some once im in the usa. thanks for the help
According to drugs.com, Bonamine is basically a Canadian version of Bonine (they are both brand names of Meclizine HCl). Meclizine is the one that causes less drowsiness.

Sayhello

you can get Bonine at the drugstore section at Costco, and if I'm correct can't you get it free on the cruiseship?

I am guessing the generic brand is as good? Can you ask for as much as you need as often as you need it?

I was concerned about finding this before we leave but why bother packing it if we can get it on the ship?:confused3

you can get Bonine at the drugstore section at Costco, and if I'm correct can't you get it free on the cruiseship?
Yes, free on cruise ship, but not at Costco anymore, at least not in Southern Ontario. I have tried since last February, many different locations. They do not carry it anymore. No where in Ontario carries it apparently( Walmart, Shoppers, IDA I've checked them all around here.) I have been told there was issues with the supplier and no word on when it will be in stock. I had to buy mine in Buffalo.

If you have seen recently in instores I would love to know where. Maybe left over stock?

Meclizine is free on the ship--there's a basket of it by the door to the medical center and it is available at Guest Services.

I am guessing the generic brand is as good? Can you ask for as much as you need as often as you need it?

I was concerned about finding this before we leave but why bother packing it if we can get it on the ship?:confused3

The Meclizine I got on the ship worked for me and it didn't make me drowsy. I asked for one at the guest services desk, thinking I would go back and get more if I needed it, and they gave me four. It was the 3-night cruise, so that was all I needed for the rest of the trip.

I couldn't get Bonine in Southwestern BC this past Fall, pharmacist told me that they don't sell it here anymore. I did bring non drowsy gravol and that worked well for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter