• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not-so-scary Halloween Party....Is it worth it?

Wunderwoman

Earning My Ears
Hey. Just out of curiosity - have any of you guys attended that "Not So Scary Halloween Party" at the Magic Kingdom? I'm just wondering if I"m missing anything by not going. I mean, I'm going to be at WDW next week, but I have an annual pass and don't like the idea of paying extra. It might be different if I had children, but just for me. I don't think so.

When did Disney start having those "Extra Charge" parties, anyway? As much as I love WDW, these extra charge parties seem like just a way to get extra money out of people.

Am I wrong? Please let me know what I'm missing.

Carol/Wunderwoman
Official Disneyholic

You may want to post this on the Theme Park Board - you may get more responses. We've never done the Halloween party before, but we've done Christmas a couple of times and will do it again in November. What I like about the parties are the special parades, fireworks and smaller crowds - I think it's worth it.

We have lots of fun. The Headless Horseman coming through is awesome. I think the parade and fireworks is one of Disney's best. The ticket sales are limited so the park is not crowded. This will be our 5th year to go.

I love love love MNSSHP. It's the reason we go the WDW every OCT. I also love Halloween though. We dress up and everything. I love the Boo to you Parade. The have Happy Hallowishes fireworks, free face painting, (the kind they charge like $15.00 for any other day), dancing, dressed up characters, and lots and lots of candy.
If you love Halloween try it. I'm hooked and I live in California. There is something about trick or treating in the Magic Kingdom. It's just magical. And everyone get to go trick or treating even the adults. You can dress up if you want to but you don't have to. It is really fun though. Let me know what you decide.

Jenny

Hey. Just out of curiosity - have any of you guys attended that "Not So Scary Halloween Party" at the Magic Kingdom? I'm just wondering if I"m missing anything by not going. I mean, I'm going to be at WDW next week, but I have an annual pass and don't like the idea of paying extra. It might be different if I had children, but just for me. I don't think so.

When did Disney start having those "Extra Charge" parties, anyway? As much as I love WDW, these extra charge parties seem like just a way to get extra money out of people.

Carol/Wunderwoman
Official Disneyholic

I have heard wonderful things about the Halloween Party. We are going for the first time this year and have heard you get TONS of candy! I am looking forward to less crowds! I would have done it sooner but thought it would be hard for my kids to stay awake until midnight and didn't want to pay all that money for them to sleep through it. Now they are 7 and 11 so we will give it a try! We are soooooo excited and can't wait to go!
Nikki

I think it worth it. Its so exciting, I think you need to enjoy Halloween to enjoy the party. :thumbsup2

Carol/Wunderwoman
Official Disneyholic

It will cost you $55 for 5 hours. EMH are free. I say NOPE.

Since you don't have any children in your party, I would say skip it...but we did go in 2006 and got in at around 4:00 and had a ball...the parade was awesome...loved it! :love:

We are going for the first time ever on Oct. 21st. We would go by ourselves if we had to, but our 2 year old granddaughter is going with us. :woohoo:

Since you don't have any children in your party, I would say skip it...but we did go in 2006 and got in at around 4:00 and had a ball...the parade was awesome...loved it! :love:

I agree.....BUT we also went in 2006 with our kids ages 5mo to 6 and all of them loved it. To us it was worth every penny we spent to go. Not only do you see the Boo to You Parade, but almost every disney character is out that night........ones that you dont see all the time.....like snow white and all seven dwarfs and Peter Pan and the Queen of Hearts and her "cards"....too many others to list. The fireworks are awesome and you also get to purchase exclusive merchandise that you can ONLY get during the MNSSHP event dates. If you do decide to go, get dinner reservations for Liberty Tree Tavern, its a character dinner and they are in their halloween costumes. Let us know what you decide on............

We purchased a no expiration ticket a few years ago, so we would go to MNSSHP to stretch our our ticket out a little longer, it was a little less expensive then. Now with the ticket prices up and you have an AP, I would save the $.

We went to the Halloween Party in 2006 and are going back this October. We had a BLAST. We think it's worth it. the parade is awesome! Plus it just REALLY puts you into the Holiday spirit. We highly recommend it.

Shaun and Amy

We LOVE MNSSHP! We went for the first time last October. We're going again this October!

The Boo To You Parade is one of Disney's best parades, in my opinion. And I think that Hallo-Wishes is even better than the regular Wishes fireworks display.

Dressing up and also seeing everyone (including characters) in costume is really neat.....and you get a TON of candy while Trick Or Treating. Plus, they have great character opportunities....such as Snow White will all seven dwarves....and Cinderella with her coach!

It really is a great time.

We were at WDW last October, but decided to skip the party because my son and nephew,we felt, were too young to justify the extra expense, (and they have early bedtimes!). But, I will definitely go once my son is older and since I love Halloween and dressing up, if I didn't have kids I think it would be fun to go with just adults. I think it kind of depends how much you like Halloween. I will tell you that we saw people getting on the bus from our resort to go to the party all dressed up and the costumes were FABULOUS. (And these were guests, not castmembers!) That was a treat for us on its own! :)

We went back in 2005 and we are going again in a few weeks.

Even though you don't hae any kids it does have the special parade and the crowds are very low for all the rides. Although this time of year the crowds are reasonably low anyway, they are really low for these parties unless you are going on Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter