• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not So HAPPY LIMO!!!!!!

Tahnks for the info.........i almost booked today. I called DCL and used then again!!

Based on the recent problems, we will be canceling Happy Limo. Now the question, we are a party of four adults with a 7-days-cruise-worth of luggage... It seems that a "luxury van" will be our best and least expensive choice. There have been lots of good posts about Southern Elegance, but they don't have vans...towncars or limos only.

Have any of you used a van and from what company?

Thanks for the info!

Jennifer:earsgirl:

Originally posted by kellimomo3
We have transportation from the port back to MCO booked through Fl Tours. Has anyone had anything like what the poster had happen happen to them with Fl Tours??

Kelli
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate: pirate:

We have used FL Tours 3 times now and our 3rd time we had a similar incident w/ the driver taking us to Ron Jons. He was dressed professionally but did not speak English well, did not offer to help w/ our bags, did not know how to use the DVD player in the van which was a disappointment and did not know how to get to Ron Jons. When I asked him if he knew where it was, he said ...NO, but we will find it together. I felt very uncertain w/ a driver like this..the blind leading the blind. He also spoke on his cell in his own language most of the ride which I thought was both rude and unsafe...personal call. Anyway, I expressed my concerns to Andy after our return and he apologized and and said it was taken care of..lead me to believe the guy had been fired or demoted...not sure but that was the feeling I got. Andy is the owner and he is great and very professional. All it takes is a few unprofessional employees to ruin things...

We had Happy Limo for the same cruise as Videoman and although they were late (as a result of a traffic accident we were told), they were professional, although not overlyfriendly, but we had a pleasant experience.

I did speak with SE before when I was considering switching my booking to them after reading horror stories about Happy Limo with the hurricane dramas and the guy I spoke with was awesome. He was very honest with me and said he wants my business, but it was a nightmare around that time and I shouldn't change my ressie to them based upon that. But, I will book with SE in the future because of this conversation. Shows good character!

Glad to see that I can help out so many people before anything like what happens to me happens to them:D

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We have also used Happy Limo. The first time they were very late picking us up from the hotel to take us to PC. We used them again for this cruise but we were late! We actually used them just to transport us from PC to the airport since we had to go to Port Everglades to board the ship (hurricane Jeanne cruise). When we got off the ship we were late since it took FOREVER to pick up the 3D crystals that we had made of our kids and had already paid for (but that is another story). The limo was an Excursion so we were happy about that (5 people in our family so lots of luggage). The driver scolded the kids for "playing" with the glasses though when our son was trying to get a soda. He was extremely rude. We will not be using HL again in the future to say the least.

We used Tiffany Towncars to get us from WDW to the airport after our last cruise and they were AWESOME!!! We were VERY late (we had our wedding in WDW the week before and had made arrangements to meet our photographer to pick up the prints at the Wilderness Lodge. We waited on Disney transportation but they don't travel resort to resort so we had to take a bus to a park and then one back to our "home" resort. We were SO late but Tiffany Towncars really shined through! They didn't charge us a fee (although we would've paid one! -- we were 1 1/2 hrs late!) and most importantly, they waited for us! Two thumbs up for Tiffany Towncars!!!

Stacy and Ken

countdown for the next cruise is on! 112 days to go!

Just emailed HAPPY LIMO...told them how disappointed I was in their service and just how the other DISer's were also feeling. They said they would be in contact with 48 hours...Let's really see how much they are committed to service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We used FL Tours last time and we had nothing but wonderful service. Andy is very accomodating and will make the requisite grocery stop, etc. I would highly recommend them. They were on-time, courteous, and flexible when we needed to change our plans.

I had booked with Happy Limo too but in view of all the posts, I have cancelled and booked with Southern Elegance too. I felt kind of bad about cancelling but who wants to take a chance when you're on vacation!

It will be interesting to see what Happy Limo's response is to your feedback, videoman!

HI THERE ALL,

I ALSO EMAILED HAPPY LIMO WITH THIS THREAD FOR THEM TO SEE, ALONG WITH THE COMPLAINTS.

I HAVE COPIED & PASTED THERE REPONSE WORD FOR WORD BELOW. (PLEASE NOTE, NOT EVEN A NICE GREETING TO ME. VERY COLD & TO THE POINT)

------------------------------------------

This driver was late due to the fact that part of the bridge on bee lin expwy(528) collapsed and all the traffic going to cocoa beach was re-routed. This information can be verified and was announced on the radio.

Cordially,
Internet Rapid Response Team
Happy Limousine

We cancelled Happy Limo for our upcoming cruise. When they asked why, I told them that people on this board said they were not reliable. He tried to appear surprised and then responded...get this " No one is perfect" "No Limo company is perfect." I said that attitude was not comforting, imagine you doctor saying that as you were going under for surgery.

This driver was late due to the fact that part of the bridge on bee lin expwy(528) collapsed and all the traffic going to cocoa beach was re-routed. This information can be verified and was announced on the radio.

Hi this is Shirley and I am having a problem with the above response - I do not know anything about HL, but I would like to know WHEN was it that 528 collapsed? Norm and I travel 528 every day and no - no bridge that we traveled over collapsed - now there was a bad accident last week where the NEW construction is being worked on and 5 men were hurt when the NEW construction did have some problems - it did hold up traffic but never rerouted - I know that the 5 men are critical but from what I understand this happened during the week. Now maybe I missed something, but living right here it sure would be hard to miss - now I know that during the hurricanes, there was a lot of confusion, nerves were on edge, everyone here that were new to the area were scared and searching for ways to get out of harm's way, the hysteria and everything that goes with what we were going to deal with, I can not describe, but if you screw up at least step up to the plate on any mistakes or misunderstandings - I will say this an I know it to a sure thing - I had a family that was dropped off at the Radisson that had HUGE signs that couldn't be missed "MANDATORY EVACTUATIONS" and yet they were dropped off and panic set in - their limo had left and they had no idea where to go or what to do - Susie just happened to have my cell phone number and we were able to get her and her family out of here - the name of that limo was HL --I am not going to flame HL for I don't know the complete story and there is always 3 sides to a story - yours, mine and the truth (my dad always told me that) - I do resent saying that a highway was closed when I know it wasn't - I am going to check on this Monday just to make sure I haven't been in LaLa land.
thanks for allowing me to express my feelings on this
Always
Shirley
:confused:

I would like to add that I had the opportunity to work with Videoman several years ago and unfortunalty his very expensive basket completely disappeared - Videoman was kind and very very understanding as I spent a week trying to find out what happened to his basket (it ended up in someone else's room and they never returned it) so for him to be this upset, than I have to understand his feelings - as I said he was great with me and consoled me when I was so upset about his basket getting lost.

I have never used happy limo, so my response is strictly another alternative. We used Cartier towncar and they were perfect. The car was very clean and the drivers were great. We had a land and sea so it was from the airport to Pop to port and back to the airport. They gave us a free grocery stop on the way to pop. And on the way back to the airport DH and I were so tired we fell asleep and the driver was as quiet as a mouse. (No Mickey pun intended!) Their prices were about the average. I recommend them highly!:teeth:

Originally posted by jjgarv
Based on the recent problems, we will be canceling Happy Limo. Now the question, we are a party of four adults with a 7-days-cruise-worth of luggage... It seems that a "luxury van" will be our best and least expensive choice. There have been lots of good posts about Southern Elegance, but they don't have vans...towncars or limos only.

Have any of you used a van and from what company?

Thanks for the info!

Jennifer:earsgirl:

We used quicksilver tours and they were excellent. We had 4 adults and one child, and all the luggage. The luxury van was the way to go!

I have a reservation with HL for my Oct 24 cruise. I've decided to keep my reservation with them and hope for the best. I'll be sure to post my experience when I return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter