(Not really) new here, never officially introduced myself

dan40

Mouseketeer
Hi, I've been posting for awhile now, maybe less than a few months and have a number of posts under my belt now.

I'm 51, avid Disney fan, got hooked way back in 1977 on my first trip to Disneyland with my mom and grandma and two other siblings. I've had the bug ever since. That's 40 years of being hooked on Disney!

This upcoming trip will be my 13th trip to a Disney park. I've been to Disneyland in California several times, Walt Disney World in Florida more often than not, and Hong Kong Disneyland, last year in March for the first time in a foreign park.

One of my greatest pet peeves is when you try to explain you're going to Walt Disney World, and the person you're talking to says, "Oh, is that the one in California?" <face palm!> Most people don't know the difference, or where Disneyland or Walt Disney World are! But let's face it, not everyone is perfect except us, right? LOL!

You should see my house. There's Disney everywhere you turn. I have 4 shelves in my living room filled with Disney stuff! This stuff is from people who've given me things, and I've found stuff that might be of value to me at flea markets, and I've won some stuff online (thanks to Ricky Brigante from Inside the Magic!), and I've brought a whole bunch of stuff back from the Disney parks, including about 200 pins from various areas of the parks, which I have mounted on a cork board in my bedroom. I guess you could say I'm hooked. :)

Feel free to ask me anything, I'm up to meeting lots of new people, including the ones I've already been corresponding with on the forums.

Have a magical day!

I even keep my little blue unused shampoo containers, and cellophane-wrapped soaps with the Mickey logos on them from the resorts!

I'm not sure if any of you can see these images clearly, but here are the aforementioned "Wall of Disney", and the pins I've collected over the years on the cork board.
upload_2017-1-31_17-15-4.png

upload_2017-1-31_17-15-18.png

Your room is awesome! We are just getting our Disney room set up in our first house! I'm glad to see we aren't the only one with a "Disney room"

Ohhhh... just love your items ...especially the pins! I used to have my entire home office Disney and enjoyed being in my Happy Space, despite working lol

Fast forward... no more office, ( yippee) thus no more Disney room ....downsized n moved ..
So I only have my 3 pin boards ( similar to yours) hanging within my walk in closet.
I start n end the day with a bit of pixie dust.
The rest of my things are boxed n stored.

Hi Dan40, awesome collection and display!! Also, it sounds like you need to join the DISdads group over in the 'Disney for families' forum. This is a great group of guys and there are several Canadian members as well.

Hi Dan40, awesome collection and display!! Also, it sounds like you need to join the DISdads group over in the 'Disney for families' forum. This is a great group of guys and there are several Canadian members as well.

I'm not a dad, but thanks for the invite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter