Not ready yet???!!! A February trip report! Update 10/25 Day 9

I think we will definitely have to try Bubba Gumps when we go to IOA...that dish Tom had looks so good to me and the drink you had...yup, that's what I'll be having:thumbsup2

You cannot go wrong with Bubba Gump if you want good food and a fun experience!
Tom's dish was really good and I cannot wait to get another glass of that strawberry speckled lemonade! :cloud9:

:confused3 I can't believe you luck with getting mousekeeping to have your room done. Course, I think I still have you beat with our stay at POR Feb. 2010... where they didn't know we were in the room for days and hence didn't even come to the room. :rotfl: not until the hair dryer caught fire. :rotfl2: After that we had our room taken care of each day. It was a good thing it was an eleven night stay!

I don't think we can beat the fact that there wasn't even a note that YOUR room was occupied! :rotfl2:
But the service at CSR really sucked! I mean once is okay, things happen, even twice I can deal with, but EVERY day???????????
And their room rates are not cheap, so service should be done in due time! ;)

I need a new watch too. The one I have I bought at WDW in 2007. I love it, but have been through 3 bands and a battery. The latest band I bought doesn't work right and keep falling off. So I might break down and buy a new watch all together. I actually was palnning on it this past trip, but never made it to the watch store.

I always fall for a nice watch. I cleaned out a cabinet two weeks ago and in a box I found four unused really nice watches - all the batteries have died in the meantime, but I think I will have a battery replaced after our vacation, so I have a spare one once school starts again. ;)

You know Bubbas is on my list when Carol and I do Universal next year !! Now I can impress her with my knowledge of the signs:snooty::rotfl2:

Watch the movie before you head there - than you can impress even more with your knowledge - there WILL be a quiz on Forrest Gump! :rolleyes1

I don't think we can beat the fact that there wasn't even a note that YOUR room was occupied! :rotfl2:
But the service at CSR really sucked! I mean once is okay, things happen, even twice I can deal with, but EVERY day???????????
And their room rates are not cheap, so service should be done in due time!

Well, our reservation was lost at checkin and so we had to be assigned a "temporary" room which became our permanent one and I guess housekeeping didn't get the memo. :rotfl2:

thanks for the updates, LOVE them and the pictures. I can't believe I'm finally caught up with all your threads. My husband just walked by and said stop disboard and get packing b/c he wants to pack everything in the car and he said maybe we can leave tomorrow night for our drive to Disney.
I'm glad we have a car this time so we can venture eating outside the Disney park (any recommendation on Sea food). We never have a car and usually rely on the Disney transportation so this trip will be different for us.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Ugh your room wasn't ready AGAIN!? I hope this doesn't happen to us there! :headache:

Yay for Bubba Gump's though, yummy. That coconut shrimp looks fantastic. :thumbsup2

I love the idea of the signs for the server. Genius!

Can't wait to hear where you went for dessert!

Hi everyone!

As some of you might not have read my pre-trip report for our upcoming vacation I think I owe you all an explanation.

I have not been able to get on here much as we had an unexpected death in the family on Aug 2nd.
Tom and I had to arrange the funeral and still have a lot of things to get done before we fly to the US for this year's vacation.

I know, I promised to wrap up this trip report before leaving, but now there is no way I can do that before we return from our vacation on September 11.

Hope you will still stick with me! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

As some of you might not have read my pre-trip report for our upcoming vacation I think I owe you all an explanation.

I have not been able to get on here much as we had an unexpected death in the family on Aug 2nd.
Tom and I had to arrange the funeral and still have a lot of things to get done before we fly to the US for this year's vacation.

I know, I promised to wrap up this trip report before leaving, but now there is no way I can do that before we return from our vacation on September 11.

Hope you will still stick with me! :goodvibes

I am sorry for the loss. Please take your time in getting back to the Disboards. We'll all be here waiting for you.

You are still in my thoughts and prayers, Karin. I hope that things are getting settled enough that you will be able to enjoy your trip and not worry about what is still left to be done..

:hug::hug:

Now, did you think I would come back and wrap this one up? But I am determined to complete it - rather sooner than later. There are only a few days and chapters left, so I hope I still have some readers! :rolleyes1

I know exactly what you mean about coming back to a room that you're expecting to be all nice and clean. I'm on the same page with you, one day is one thing, but every day?

Your food pictures at Bubba Gump are making me very hungry. Honestly, we have one in Chicago at Navy Pier, and I always forget that it's there.

You know how it is, you are on vacation and try not to dwell over it, but it was a disappointment every time we went back expecting our room to be done and yet, it was not!

We just LOVE Bubba. Needless to say we had to go there in September as well and I am already planning several visits for next years vacation! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin! I love BATB! The first time I saw it, I was so surprised at the caliber of performance in a theme park!:thumbsup2

I love the letters in the bottom of the TOT board! I will have to look for those - I never even thought to look!

YUMMM Bubba Gump!!! I would choose the coconut shrimp too!:cloud9:

I'm thinking that they have probably cut the housekeeping staff in the resorts due to the economy and not having our room made up until late is probably going to be the norm. Once they find out that we will accept it, they will continue even when things get better. Did you try to put the "please make up the room" sign?

We usually make our own bed and hang up our towels for a day or two, because we don't really want people in our room much - so we put out the "do not disturb" sign.

The performance of BATB are wonderful, aren't they? We saw it on Broadway too and the one in the park REALLY and truely reminds me of that - it is so perfect! :goodvibes

You might be disappointed, but the letters in the ToT board are no longer there. A CM told us that people complained about "being doomed" and they had to remove them. :sad2:

I am not sure they have cut back housekeeping that much. We can only speculate WHY we our room got done so late, but I think they were doing the convention rooms first and then kept a special schedule that kept us at the end. It was just annoying to come back to an empty room.
I don't mind cleaning my room myself, but in a way you pay for housekeeping and having to send them away because you are tired at the end of the day is just not fair. It really took away from the wonderful experience we had had at CSR the first time we stayed there.

I so want to see the Beauty & the Beast show this trip as we've not seen it for a couple of trips but don't think we can fit it; so thanks for the pictures.

Sorry about the room again...but from what I have read, that has been pretty typical at a lot of resorts due to the cutback on staff.

There you go again with those Bubba Gump shrimp photos. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I know your itinerary is done, Kathy, but if you can fit BATB in, you won't be disappointed. It's just wonderful.

The unmade room is not your fault, Kathy! It was just getting to us in the end and especially if you read to the end of this review, then you will see what I mean! ;) :lmao:

Yummy Yummy Bubba Gumps :teeth:

Love your new watch, v cute :)

We had more yummy Bubba food just a few days ago and I am already planning a few more visits next August. We'll fly to Miami and there is a Bubba where we will eat the first night! :thumbsup2

Well, our reservation was lost at checkin and so we had to be assigned a "temporary" room which became our permanent one and I guess housekeeping didn't get the memo. :rotfl2:

:scared1: a reservation lost .......... :sad2: does that mean they ran out of Pixie dust? ;)
I know what you mean, but it still is no fun, not receiving mousekeeping! ;)

thanks for the updates, LOVE them and the pictures. I can't believe I'm finally caught up with all your threads. My husband just walked by and said stop disboard and get packing b/c he wants to pack everything in the car and he said maybe we can leave tomorrow night for our drive to Disney.
I'm glad we have a car this time so we can venture eating outside the Disney park (any recommendation on Sea food). We never have a car and usually rely on the Disney transportation so this trip will be different for us.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

I hope you enjoyed your vacation. We had a death in the family shortly before we left for WDW and it really threw me off when it came to all my threads, but I am trying to catch up and finish all of them. :thumbsup2

Ugh your room wasn't ready AGAIN!? I hope this doesn't happen to us there! :headache:

Yay for Bubba Gump's though, yummy. That coconut shrimp looks fantastic. :thumbsup2

I love the idea of the signs for the server. Genius!

Can't wait to hear where you went for dessert!

Nope, no mousekeeping until the early evening and it seemed to be the norm - so not fun! :sad2:
On the other hand, we just loves our visit to Bubba. The atmosphere is so fun and I just love the way they have everything set up!

Dessert coming up shortly!

I am sorry for the loss. Please take your time in getting back to the Disboards. We'll all be here waiting for you.

Thank you! :hug:

Hi Karin again sorry about your loss !!See you on the 19th!!

It was so much fun meeting you, can't wait to repeat the experience! :goodvibes

You are still in my thoughts and prayers, Karin. I hope that things are getting settled enough that you will be able to enjoy your trip and not worry about what is still left to be done..

:hug::hug:

Day 6, February 24

Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 5

Both portions were huge and we were too stuffed to order dessert and we had another place we wanted to try for dessert. But before we did anything else we walked over to the Fossil shop to look for a watch for Tom. There were a lot of designs that looked nice but nothing he really wanted, so we left without a purchase.
Next was a shop I wanted to go to, Fresh Produce. They have a lot of Vera Bradley bags and I wanted to just to have a look. They had lots of new bags but very little that really peaked my interest.
In the end I bought one a bit bigger bag and Tom insisted we needed a laptop case and that our netbook would fit fine. Well it didn’t in the end, but we only found that out once we were back at our resort and it has since found a new owner! We strolled through Citywalk for a while and finally ended opposite from where we had started,

IMG_9930.jpg

at the Cinnabon shop. I had read so much about it in some trip reports and we had passed by quite a few times, so it was time to try for ourselves. We ordered a helping of Cinnabon Stix, dusted with sugar and their famous Makara Cinnamon, plus a small container of their signature cream cheese frosting. We wanted to save them for later, so took them for take-away. The other thing we wanted to try, there and then was

IMG_9929.jpg

the Cinnabon Center of the Roll, It's the best part of their Classic Roll - the ooey, gooey middle! These bite-sized pieces were hot and topped with their signature cream cheese frosting. It was so good.
We both really loved it and I guess we will pick them up again, when we come across a Cinnabon Store. Stuffed there was only one place we still needed to walk through, the Bubba Gump Store. And low and behold we did find something, a T-shirt for our cousin’s son, George.

IMG_9933.jpg

Happy with all our purchases and the lunch and snacks we hiked back to the car and since we were already in the area we decided to pay a visit to Petsmart and picked up a few feathery treats for Pixie.

IMG_9953.jpg

Our next stop was a Dollartree which was in the same building and finally Walmart where we picked up a few items for school, a few more bits and pieces for little George

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

and a pair of jeans for Tom. Once we were done shopping at Walmart we hauled our purchases out to our car, loaded everything into the boot and drove back to Walt Disney World.
When we were near Downtown Disney we decided to stop and spend a little more money there. When we had first arrived I had had a look at the new Dooney and Bourke bags and now was the time to decide and pick one up.

Okay, I just about died when I saw that Cinnabon makes the best part and sells it separately! That might not be such a good idea for me.....my hips won't like it very much. :lmao:

Don't leave us hanging too long on the D&B. I would love to see which one you got. ;)

Okay, I just about died when I saw that Cinnabon makes the best part and sells it separately! That might not be such a good idea for me.....my hips won't like it very much. :lmao:

Don't leave us hanging too long on the D&B. I would love to see which one you got. ;)

Yes, I discovered the "center of the roll" last year and it is out of this world good!. Ooey gooey yummyness! :goodvibes :cloud9:
Not that my (non existing) waistline likes it too much! :rotfl2:

I hope to update tomorrow, I still have work to do for school, and it is already going on 10pm here. :sad2:

:wave2: It's been a long time since I've been on the Dis so I want to throw a big hello to you. I hope everything is going well with you and your brother. I can't remember where I was at so I'll have to read everything over again which will be a pleasure as I love your threads so much. :love: Well here I go I've got a big hot cup of tea and I can't wait to hear what you've been up too:surfweb:

I was so sorry to read that you had a death in the family. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.

I enjoyed your thread and thought it very funny that on your last day that mousekeepers came at the crack of dawn to clean your room :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter