Not ready yet???!!! A February trip report! Update 10/25 Day 9

The lines for Toy Story Mania are always so long! Those return times were nuts! Love ToT and RnRC..it's where we spend most of our time in the park!

TSM is always such a mad dash in the morning. It's almost worth it to go to other rides early because no one else is ever at those.

I feel your pain about parking all the way at the end of a row. We ended up having that happen to us the last time and it was such a brutal walk back in 95 degree weather. Ugh.

I love how you left and came back to get a better parking spot. That is funny!

That's crazy that it took so long for your room to be ready! :scared1:

Your purchases from the Outlets are great! I especially that mouse tee. :laughing:

Looks like a great meal at Miller's. Glad you were able to be seated right away!

Wow! SoA is totally empty! That's great! I love exploring that area. :)

Glad the wait times worked out in your favor for ToT and RNRC!

Great update :thumbsup2

I know I may be in the minority, but I really prefer taking the buses over parking in the lots. (even with all the issues we had last september) The first time we went to WDW, we parked in the lots. I was decidedly not a fan then and there. I have a hard enough time remembering where I park at the grocery store... :rotfl:

No food though... hmmm. Feels strange to read an update of yours and not feel hungry. ;)

Great update Karin

I love the photo of the Streets Of America :goodvibes

It's really beautiful and impressive when it is that empty ..... feels like the world belongs to you! ;)

The lines for Toy Story Mania are always so long! Those return times were nuts! Love ToT and RnRC..it's where we spend most of our time in the park!

I thought that the "new" factor would have died down by now, but it is still a really hot ticket. Thankfully we are at WDW often and long enough that if we don't catch it that one day, then we will do so another day.
But I am sorry for the people who only stay for a few days. :sad2:
ToT is one of my favourite rides .... never fails to make me laugh! :thumbsup2

TSM is always such a mad dash in the morning. It's almost worth it to go to other rides early because no one else is ever at those.

I feel your pain about parking all the way at the end of a row. We ended up having that happen to us the last time and it was such a brutal walk back in 95 degree weather. Ugh.

IF we make it to rope drop, Tom joins the sprint over to the Fast Pass machines - I am not that fast that early in the morning! :rotfl2:
Somehow we ALWAYS are opening a new row ALL the way down at the Studios. We usually leave, drive around and try again and then get a spot much closer to the end of the row! :rotfl2:

I love how you left and came back to get a better parking spot. That is funny!

We usually leave and come back in that case. :rotfl2: Most of the time it results in a much better spot to park your car in! :thumbsup2

That's crazy that it took so long for your room to be ready! :scared1:

Your purchases from the Outlets are great! I especially that mouse tee. :laughing:

Looks like a great meal at Miller's. Glad you were able to be seated right away!

Wow! SoA is totally empty! That's great! I love exploring that area. :)

Glad the wait times worked out in your favor for ToT and RNRC!

We were getting used to our room not being serviced until the late afternoon, but it certainly took away from the "love" for the Coronado Springs Resort. We have already decided to give it a miss next year.

I wore that mouse tee on our last day and got loads of comments! :rotfl2: Even when going through customs in Germany it was commented on! :laughing:

We love trying "outside the world" restaurants and Miller's was recommended to us by a DISfriend. He was SO right! :thumbsup2

Great update :thumbsup2

I know I may be in the minority, but I really prefer taking the buses over parking in the lots. (even with all the issues we had last september) The first time we went to WDW, we parked in the lots. I was decidedly not a fan then and there. I have a hard enough time remembering where I park at the grocery store... :rotfl:

No food though... hmmm. Feels strange to read an update of yours and not feel hungry. ;)

Thank you, Ann!
As far as the buses go ........ we hate using them. Might be that we only used them a few times, but every time we did it took us forever to get from A to B. Then you have to queue up before the bus arrives, it takes forever to load those wheelchairs and a hord of people claim to be with the wheelchair person, then the shoving and pushing once you are allowed to enter and you will most likely have to stand on your way back to the resort at park closing.

Now let me explain the procedure when using a car. You park, you walk to the tram, take a photo of the row you are parked in, hop on the tram and off to the entrance. Once you return, there is always an empty seat, no stops until you get off - that's the way I like it! :rotfl2:
But we all have different tastes ..... thank goodness! :thumbsup2

Food coming up right now!

Day 6, February 24

Rides and shows, run Forrest run, and lots and expensive shopping - Part 2

We browsed though the shop a little while and once our return time had started we picked up another Fast Pass for Tower of Terror and then walked over to Rock’n’Rollercoaster.

IMG_2086.jpg

Using the Fast Pass lane was a blessing as by now the regular line had built up quite a bit. We got to the pre-show room pretty quickly

IMG_4203.jpg

but were stunned when we left as there was still a long line before we could get on the ride. It’s a fun ride, but I think it is getting darker in there all the time and I seem to bump my head more often every time.
Tom felt the same way and even though this is still a really great ride, once was more than enough for us. We had time to kill so we thought that maybe we could fit in The Great Movie ride, but the 25 minute wait that was announced on the tipboard didn’t appeal to us, so we just walked over to Starring Rolls for a little snack.

DSC_0885.jpg

When we walked in all the tables outside were packed and we were prepared to take our food to go and walk over to Fairfax Fair. There are a lot of very wonderful choices and Tom got the

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9905.jpg

Black Forest Ham Sandwich

IMG_9908.jpg

with chips and I wanted to try the

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9913.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake.
We got a bottle of water to share and when I walked up to the counter to pay for it and ask for a to go container, Tom signalled me that there were people getting ready to leave and he walked over there so we would have somewhere to sit and eat. I was right in the door with our food when the people left.
Once we had sat down a Cast Member was right over to clean the table and we were all set to indulge on our yummy snacks. Tom’s sandwich was huge with loads of ham and my cupcake was huge too. I cut it in half and it had a lot of fudgy icing on top and was filled with a huge dollop of chocolate peanut butter mix. While Tom was successful in defeating his sandwich, I had to give up after having conquered about two thirds of it.
Thankfully we had opted for water to wash it all down as it became sweeter with every bite. Once we had finished our early lunch snack I noticed that my watch had run out of battery.
So, since we still had some time to kill before our Tower of Terror Fast Pass was to kick in, we walked into the stores and looked for watches. I still wanted to look at watches in the larger stores at the entrance to the park before we made a purchase and so we finally started walking towards the Tower of Terror.

IMG_9904.jpg

Thank you, Ann!
As far as the buses go ........ we hate using them. Might be that we only used them a few times, but every time we did it took us forever to get from A to B. Then you have to queue up before the bus arrives, it takes forever to load those wheelchairs and a hord of people claim to be with the wheelchair person, then the shoving and pushing once you are allowed to enter and you will most likely have to stand on your way back to the resort at park closing.

Now let me explain the procedure when using a car. You park, you walk to the tram, take a photo of the row you are parked in, hop on the tram and off to the entrance. Once you return, there is always an empty seat, no stops until you get off - that's the way I like it! :rotfl2:
But we all have different tastes ..... thank goodness! :thumbsup2

Food coming up right now!

:headache: You just reminded me of everything I hated about our last trip. (I might note that our last trip with all the frustrations were at Pop.. at the mod and deluxe we stayed at we did not experience this) I especially hated the buses when leaving the parks. It often seemed like we wait for bus after bus as people in wheel chair (motorized or not)(and their huge group) would go to the front of the line. I just remember staying off site seemed to take us so much longer to get to the parks. Course... maybe that is just my family. We would take about a half an hour just to load the car.... then the drive to the park... then parking.. then gathering us all up and getting to the tram.. unloading and collecting us back together to head to the entrance. Oh... and then if if was MK getting us all to the boat.:confused3 :rotfl: Now I remember why I like the buses despite the all the :headache: with them. I can leave all my family behind and say "see ya there" rather than wait for them all to get their acts together.. Plus.. if they do want to "run back to the room to get something.. just... one... last... time" they can do it and know they might miss the bus. If the bus drives away... it is there fault. If mom just drives away then mom is a bad mom. :rotfl2:

Your way does sound much better in general though... just not if you take my family. ;)

AHHH YUMMM!! Your food pics....and Starring Rolls pics to boot. :goodvibes I love those sandwiches...and the cupcake looks heavenly.

Thanks for sharing the pics inside RRC. I have not nor probably ever will go on that ride. Nice to see a glimpse of what I am missing. :thumbsup2

Oh, that cupcake is sooooo good, but you're right, it is very difficult to eat. I had to et mine in two sittings when I got it.

That sandwich looks really good. Have never gotten the sandwiches there, but may have to consider it in the future.

:headache: You just reminded me of everything I hated about our last trip. (I might note that our last trip with all the frustrations were at Pop.. at the mod and deluxe we stayed at we did not experience this) I especially hated the buses when leaving the parks. It often seemed like we wait for bus after bus as people in wheel chair (motorized or not)(and their huge group) would go to the front of the line. I just remember staying off site seemed to take us so much longer to get to the parks. Course... maybe that is just my family. We would take about a half an hour just to load the car.... then the drive to the park... then parking.. then gathering us all up and getting to the tram.. unloading and collecting us back together to head to the entrance. Oh... and then if if was MK getting us all to the boat.:confused3 :rotfl: Now I remember why I like the buses despite the all the :headache: with them. I can leave all my family behind and say "see ya there" rather than wait for them all to get their acts together.. Plus.. if they do want to "run back to the room to get something.. just... one... last... time" they can do it and know they might miss the bus. If the bus drives away... it is there fault. If mom just drives away then mom is a bad mom. :rotfl2:

Your way does sound much better in general though... just not if you take my family. ;)

AHHH YUMMM!! Your food pics....and Starring Rolls pics to boot. :goodvibes I love those sandwiches...and the cupcake looks heavenly.

Thanks for sharing the pics inside RRC. I have not nor probably ever will go on that ride. Nice to see a glimpse of what I am missing. :thumbsup2

Yes, I can see where the buses work perfectly for you as a family. For me though, they just don't :laughing: I am just too lazy for them I guess! ;)

I don't know if your family rides RnR, Ann, but if you just want to see what it looks like inside and experience (watch) the cars "take off", then you can accompany your family and just before you are assigned a seat, you can opt to get out. They will then take you over to the arrival area. :thumbsup2

Oh, that cupcake is sooooo good, but you're right, it is very difficult to eat. I had to et mine in two sittings when I got it.

That sandwich looks really good. Have never gotten the sandwiches there, but may have to consider it in the future.

The sandwiches are wonderful. We have shared them on occasion, but lately the cupcakes always win for me! ;)

I love the Disney shirt with the rat as Mickey Mouse. I have never seen that before. I must find it and buy it asap.

:laughing:It is so funny that you considered leaving DHS b/c you were at the end of the new parking row. We had that happen at one of the parks too and I kind of considered the same thing.

I never really understand the wait time for TSM. I do love the ride and it is great, but I wouldn't wait in a huge line just for a fastpass. There are plenty of other great rides to check out instead.

Great update, TSM sounded crazy busy, but then whats new with that.

That sandwich looks amazing from Starring Rolls and can't wait to try all the cupcakes from Starring Rolls, the chocolate peanut butter looks awesome! :teeth:

Karin, I hope you don't mind me stepping in here to explain what cajeta is. It's a caramel sauce of sorts, which is traditionally made with goat's milk instead of cow's milk. However we've always used the cheap (or lazy or quick) version which involves simmering an unopened can of condensed milk in a large pot of water, for at least one hour. You then allow it to cool in the pot. Once it's cooled off, you open the can, pour the liquid into a bowl or wide-mouthed jar and add a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and stir well.

Now back to our regular programming... :blush:

Thank you for helping me out here! :hug:
I know the method from my aunt in London - I think she makes toffee that way, but she boils the condensed milk for about 4 hours! Now the content of that tin is heavenly! :thumbsup2

Should definitely be interesting! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Look! We can learn something every day! I'm going to write that one down - some day my grandkids will want caramel sauce on their ice cream or cake, and I'll have a way to make some! (although not so quick :goodvibes) Sounds yummy - like the dulce de leche cake!

Hi Karin! I guess I missed a couple of updates and didn't realize it. You always have so many good food pics - my list of "must haves" gets longer and longer. Do they actually have food in the Ditch, or just bar food? I must have one of those margaritas!

Then there's the Orange soda that Tom had - like a Creamsicle when we were kids - must have that too :rotfl2:

I love the Mickey Rat shirt - that is too :lmao:

Oh, and back to your DHS day - I've never thought about going around again to get a closer parking spot - good one!:thumbsup2

Great score on getting ont TNT and RNRC so quickly. That is always a big problem for us - I just don't have DHS figured out in a way to make it a good touring day for us. I'm going to re-think it next time. I'm surprised that TSM is still so crazy busy now that it's been open so long.

I love your updates and your photos!

Great update, Karin. I'm with Ann on the busses, but you know that. I've never had any bad experiences on them. :confused3 DHS is hard if you don't make rope drop there first thing, especially if what you really want to do is ride TSM! I swear its the most popular ride in the parks.

I don't know if your family rides RnR, Ann, but if you just want to see what it looks like inside and experience (watch) the cars "take off", then you can accompany your family and just before you are assigned a seat, you can opt to get out. They will then take you over to the arrival area. :thumbsup2

I was telling them yesterday that I saw your pictures and found it really neat that despite the fact that I don't ride it, I got to see a glimpse. Ya wanna know what they said??? :rotfl: "You do know you can walk with us inside and then just not ride, right?"

Ok... so I guess I still have lots to learn. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter