Not much luck with the "Give a Day" promotion

Logged on this morning and found a great one for our family. Just waiting for our "within 5 days" return email.

No issues with the site, used firefox. but remember millions are on the site today, bound to be some glitches.

Only issue was finding opprotunities for our 6 year old. Many said a min age of 15, but in the details it said familes welcome so read carefully! Wish my 4 year old could participate.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Disney you ROCK, free day here we come!

Oh, gosh ...... thanks for pointing that out. The one I was trying to sign up for appeared to be 6-17 but looking at it again it is for 15+. The checkbox is confusing - it says 6-17 so I assumed all options would be for 6+

Sammielynn, we got confirmation emails after I submitted my interest in a particular opportunity. The email indicated that I would be contacted by the organization within 5 days and they would give me a time and day to volunteer, once I get that time and day then I can click on a link to complete registration. There are multiple steps but the first email came from the Disney website so I would say that would confirm that you at least started the process.

Hope this helps.

Sammielynn, we got confirmation emails after I submitted my interest in a particular opportunity. The email indicated that I would be contacted by the organization within 5 days and they would give me a time and day to volunteer, once I get that time and day then I can click on a link to complete registration. There are multiple steps but the first email came from the Disney website so I would say that would confirm that you at least started the process.

Hope this helps.

I haven't gotten an e-mail. I may try again. thanks!

We had no problem in Columbus OH. We're waiting to hear back from our organization because it was an open "when can you volunteer?" thing. We're hoping to take down Christmas lights at our local zoo.

As always, I knew I could turn to the DIS. I've been trying to sign up for an hour and i thought it was just my computer. Apparently not. Guess I'll keep trying!

Very bummed - thought there would be a ton of things since we are near Cleveland Ohio - almost all opportunties seem to be for those over 10 - I have a 6 and 8 year old!!

Tried a different opportunity. This one you sent in a request to volunteer and the group will contact you to set-up a date, then you go to the link in the e-mail you receive and you can fill in the paperwork. Hope this works. At least it took my information and I got an e-mail.

Got my fiance and I signed up to volunteer at a Humane Society cleaning kennels and walking the dogs and playing with the cats. Both my cats were adopted from shelters so I'm so excited for this opportunity. I'll tell you though it took me TWO HOURS to get the thing to work. Whew!

Question: I signed up and put in all my information, address, etc and added my fiance as "additional volunteer". He still gets a free park pass correct? We want to donate two.

Thank you!

Yes you should both get a ticket as long as you both are registered and both complete the volunteer hours

Can I just say that I'm VERY impressed with this program!

I'm obsessed with non-profit marketing and have been doing it for a few years now. I was skeptical about this program. I figured it would appeal heavily to certain non-profits and be used as nothing more than a promotional tool. I am so very happy with what a good job Disney has done.

I got up and looked at local opportunities. Not good. The only opportunity is with a huge organization that I loathe. I saw that my concern over the program was accurate. Then I looked into opportunities in markets where the program was heavily promoted. Wow! Incredible! This has served as a great opportunity for small non-profits that are on the ground doing hard work. In areas such as Portland, OR the list for opportunities is HUGE. Yes, there are very few opportunities for small children but that's to be expected. There's really not a lot that small children can do and it's a liability issue.

I think in the months to come this is going to become a well-respected program. It will take time, but

No luck here. Wanted an animal shelter day (many shelters near me), but the one posted is in downtown Chicago and I just won't drive there. Too far and complicated for me!!
There is a closer non-animal place to volunteer, but it requires staying with it til March! I have a job and I really can't do that.
Hopefully more animal shelters will sign on. Can't see why not.........there are so many.:confused3

I don't understand, in Indiana the only thing listed is United Way. Does this mean I can volunteer a day for any organization that United Way Supports? If that is the case there are plenty of opportunities, if not I am not sure what a person can do for the United way since I am not a fan of sitting and calling people for donations.

Impressed with the idea of the program, yes. With the implementation, absolutely not. Going on over 3 HOURS NOW and I still can't get the information to go through.:sad1:

I just checked out the opportunities in my area and was excited to see a tutoring and a helping children with arts and crafts through the same organization. But then I happened to noticed the minimum age is 55. Surely they're not serious, right? :rotfl:

There's alot of opportunities in my area. However, I don't have to worry about kids which it makes it that much easier. The only problem is that I can't submit the form to volunteer!

Impressed with the idea of the program, yes. With the implementation, absolutely not. Going on over 3 HOURS NOW and I still can't get the information to go through.:sad1:

This speaks to the success of the program. The program has been implemented for a few hours. Give them a chance to work out the kinks and let the registration process slow down.

Being disappointed with the program just a few hours upon implementation is like going to Disney during Christmas break and hating the experience because of the crowds. :)

I found a couple of opportunities in the St Louis area for me DH and DS 6... what do we do for the 3 year old? How do they/can they earn a free ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter