Not much difference between Sept/ march

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
I was just playing with numbers on DCL site and was looking at the 7 day western

Sept....3 people 2488.31 early booking savings/cat 10
March... 3 people 2571.31 early booking savings /cat 10

Not much difference...How come I keep reading people save so much in Sept???

September is HURRICANE season!! That's probably why people save so much, plus most kids are back in school then.

Hope your looking at 2004. Come cruising with us in March.:D

That's what I thought but if you look at the prices the difference is only about $200.

I was wondering why???I was under the impression it should be greater savings...

I also found March to be really inexpensive. I put in for 5 people and found in Feb. cat.4 $8358, March cat.4 $6518, and April cat.4 $8858. That is a $2340 difference, thats huge. Then I checked the weather at the western ports and March has a low chance of rain and sounds like great weather. I guess it is a little known price break and a great time to cruise.

I guess I should have compared late march or april....that must be my error....Our spring break is the first week of March so that was the time frame I was checking...Guess it isn't such a bad time to book...

DCL will offer specials for months like Sept, Jan and Feb. You have to have the specific code in order to see what the savings would be on the DCL site. We cruised last Labor Day on the 4 day cruise and it was $600 cheaper than the 3 day cruise that disembarked the day we embarked. You have to call DCL and ask them if there are any specials for the cruise you're interested in. I've heard that they will not give the info freely, you have to be specific in your questions in order to get the info.

Zurgswife,

I would say March is a great time to cruise. Being a FL Res. I don't want to cruise during hurricane season, not just because of the chance of severe weather- but it is also normally our rainy season. When we cruised this March, I think the only day that was overcast was Castaway Cay. As far as price goes, DCL did offer FL res in March, so we saved about $3000. I don't know when they offer those rates later in the year.

:D

iluvorlando....It's great to hear that there is a possiblity that they offer FL resident rates in March...My Mom and step-dad are considering cruising with us so we could get at least some of the adult fares at a discounted rate.....Thanks for the heads up...the TA wasn't sure that they would offer such rates in March...I'll keep my fingers crossed...

zurgswife,

I would definitely check it out. I booked the cruise in april, 2001, saw that they were offering "springtime" magic rates in january/february 2002, called DCL and said I am a FL res, do I get a discount - sure do!! I booked it knowing that we *probably* would get FL res. Hope they keep offering this!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter