• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not many decorations still up...

offkilterfan

Mouseketeer
Went to see the decorations last night and must say, it was a not like it has been in the past. The 800 loop was the best last night. The Mack truck is still there(1206), but didn't have it open when we went by. Bus stop at 1600 campsite, still has their lights up and is beautiful and a can't miss. As for 100, 200, 400 & 700 loops, they were pretty empty. There a couple in each loop.

I agree. We are in site 204 and we are very disappointed by the lack of decorating.

I think Disney has finally priced some people out of being able to stay at the Fort. You can stay for a whole month offsite right outside the gates for what it costs for one week at the Fort.

I think Disney has finally priced some people out of being able to stay at the Fort. You can stay for a whole month offsite right outside the gates for what it costs for one week at the Fort.

There comes a point with everything that you havta ask, is it worth the hassel and money it? And there is always a ceiling to everything,,,I think that Disney may have hit that ceiling. :confused3

I think pretty well pricing a good many people out. We own DVC. If we didn't we would have drastically reduced our stays.

For those of you currently at the Fort (or soon to be),

How full is it currently? This past weekend was when the peak Holiday rates went into effect so I would think Disney thought it would start getting full over last weekend. I'm wondering if there are fewer displays because there are fewer people or not.

It sounds from your descriptions that the big over-the-top displays are fewer in number. I recall the 100-200-400-700 loop area had several over-the-top displays. Could be the higher rates, could be the recent decorating rule change too.

Regardless, I wish I was there to celebrate Christmas at the Fort this year. :santa:

Bama ED

Bama ED......the fort was pretty full by what we could tell and magic kingdom was packed on sat. I still saw quite a few decorations but not as much as in the past. There are rules regarding them but as someone else said I didn't specifically see anyone checking sites either.

The campground we checked into in the keys was a huge disappointment. Sunshine key resort looks nothing like the pics. We didn't even stay because of this and the smell of the place. We moved down the road to the koa and they have been the friendliest bunch of people you could ever meet.

We have been here since November 13. Right now there are MANY empty sites. Very quiet.
Anxious to see by Friday if this will change.

Hey Dave, Are you still at the Fort? My kids and I are heading over tonight to check out the displays, and they're both hoping you'll be there! :)

Jessica

Hey Dave, Are you still at the Fort? My kids and I are heading over tonight to check out the displays, and they're both hoping you'll be there! :)

Jessica

Hey Jessica. We left the Fort on the 17th. We will have to catch you guys next year. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Dave

Hey Jessica. We left the Fort on the 17th. We will have to catch you guys next year. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Dave

Oh man...when I told my 8 year old you had already left the Fort, she started crying!! lol She was so bummed. Thankfully, I found a YouTube video someone had taken of your display last year, so that will have to hold her over until next year!

One of the decorators who does a lot of blow ups got a no trespass notice by Disney after dozens of complaints for noise. Also the Disney security got her on soliciting business. Some of her buddies stop decorating. Also a lot of the people can't afford the new prices. There's still plenty of decorations. A few other regulars had family obligations. Castle guy for instance was here but had commitments for Xmas week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter