Not leaving you in the lurch!!!

Feelslikeadream

To see through the eyes of a child....this is the
I have been very busy since we have been home. Also trying to get ready for the holiday. Sorry I did not respond so quickly to my thread.

I am amazed at some of the replys. I asked a simple question!!! Which some of you did not answer, all you basically did was give opinions. Some of you basically said i was felling sorry for my self, which is definitly not the case. I did go to WDW after all.We did have some great memories, but alot of the problems were do to the CM and the organization of things. I suppose I was expecting things to be smoother and the people nicer. Unfortunately I still have a bad taste in my mouth. As far as my recent threads ,yes we did have problems with the dining plan,and yes they did cancel the showing of spectro that we planned on seeing.
So many people just think if you do things your way (DISERS) there shouldn't be any problems. FYI about Spectro: During the time of my planning of 10 months,I planned things accordingly to the schedule given to us by WDW. Our twin sons turned 10 on Nov 6th, their choice for their b'day was MK, so I planned dinner at Tony's at 5:00 then planned on finding a spot for Spectro with Wishes to follow. As of OCT 31, everything was still good. NO NEED TO CHANGE PLANS!!!! So we went on with the next 1,2,3,4,5 knowing Spectro would be on the 6th as planned. That morning at breakfast I went to get the schedule for the week. Low and behold NO SPECTRO for the 6th, it was canceled. Not another showing until the 9th, the day we leave.So had I known, of course we would of changed things around. I WAS JUST FOLLOWING THEIR SCHEDULE!!!!!!! This was very hard for me to tell my MIL and FIL ,after they had waited so long to see it, and as everyone else was excited. When I came home, the next day, I went on to WDW site. SPECTRO STILL WAS SCHEDULED FOR NOV 6th at 7:00. Was I the only one thinking they were going to watch it that night probably not. We still had tues,wed, no chance. So do I have a right to be upset, I think I do. As well as anyone else who planned their trip around WDW schedule. They are suppose to be the dream makers, what gives them the right to tell us,their guests, we have the right to change anything we want at any time, even though we have been telling you for months these are our plans.

Sorry to leave for now, have to get busy,school tommorow...I promise to share the story of my friend this evening.......

Please remember, all I asked was has anyone written a letter to WDW.
Please do not judge me until you know my story.

If I was to share everything,it might ruin the MAGIC for some pepole, I don not want this to happen.

As of OCT 31, everything was still good. NO NEED TO CHANGE PLANS!!!! So we went on with the next 1,2,3,4,5 knowing Spectro would be on the 6th as planned. That morning at breakfast I went to get the schedule for the week. Low and behold NO SPECTRO for the 6th, it was canceled. Not another showing until the 9th, the day we leave.So had I known, of course we would of changed things around. I WAS JUST FOLLOWING THEIR SCHEDULE!!!!!!!
It happens. It could just as easily have been cancelled after Guests staked out spots on Main Street three hours early, with NO advance notice. The schedule you picked up was in effect from, I think, Sunday to Saturday? So in order for it to be available to Guests on Sunday, it'd have been printed on or by Saturday - which means Disney knew the parade would not be held at least two days in advance, and in all honesty they can't be expected to notify every Guest individually of every change. Guests need to be proactive. You could have picked up a schedule earlier. Five days is a LONG time - as I said, anything can happen. Would you be less angry if it got rained out at the last minute?

When I came home, the next day, I went on to WDW site. SPECTRO STILL WAS SCHEDULED FOR NOV 6th at 7:00.
You're right. It's still showing. Not sure what the point would be to change it after the date, but...

what gives them the right to tell us,their guests, we have the right to change anything we want at any time, even though we have been telling you for months these are our plans.
The same thing that gives us, the Guests, the right to change anything about our plans that WE want at any time, even though for months we've been telling Walt Disney World, "We're coming! We're going to be there on the ___th of ____"! and then NOT come, for whatever reason.

Seriously, if you were all that destoryed by not getting to see a parade (when everything says all schedules are subject to change), than I seriously think some real perspective is needed.

As for your dining plan issues, you are handed a brochure at check in that clearly explains it AND all the menus everywhere are marked with symbols that show you what is and is not included. I'm not sure how anyone who can read could be that confused by it. :confused3

Oh well. Better luck next time.

GEM said:
Seriously, if you were all that destoryed by not getting to see a parade (when everything says all schedules are subject to change), than I seriously think some real perspective is needed.

As for your dining plan issues, you are handed a brochure at check in that clearly explains it AND all the menus everywhere are marked with symbols that show you what is and is not included. I'm not sure how anyone who can read could be that confused by it. :confused3

Oh well. Better luck next time.

I understood the dining plan. It was the way the CM's had treated me and my other family members, very rude and disrespectful. There are planty of things about the DP that is misleading. It took a couple of days to smooth things out.I never stated it was awful, all I did say was it can be misleading. My main issues were about the pepole that where working. When I talked to a rest. manager, she admitted that there are still alot of bugs in the system that they are tring to work out. FYI NOT ALL of the things you can get are labeled and advertised as credits. Found this out on day 3.

As for Spectro,I understand that they say subject to change. Do you think I am the only person that palnned on seeing the parade that night. Do you think I am angry, that had I known I would of scheduled it for a different day.
We moved on that day. I dealt with it. I guess expressing how i feel is a bad thing here. i have read many thread with simialar stories. Things being stolen out of their rooms,rude CM's etc. I am not alone. Do I wish I could have a re-do, absolutlely. Is it possible. Not now. My DH is a very calm person, not much bothers him. The way we were treated by some after the amount od $$ we spent, was very upsetting. This happens, unfortunately it happened to us.
The kids are begging to go back, so as you can see, we hid the negative things from them very well. In my OP I was just wondering if writeing a letter, would make a difference. Again, not ruining the magic is my goal.I have decides not to post the other things that happened..

But I will post about the arrest soon,,it will be helpful to a lot of people....

To kind of answer your questions from a while back--I have written Disney a letter about unfortunate events that occurred on their cruise ship as a result of Hurricane Bob (this goes back a loooong time) and received a very nice apology letter in return. It's all I wanted, and I was happy. :sunny:

And I too know the pain of a cancelled Spectro. I waited on a curb on Main Street (met some very nice people who also waited with me) through the rain for a good three hours. Yes, my buns were sore! And I waited because CM's said the decision to cancel wouldn't be made til the last minute. And lo and behold--five minutes before the parade, the announcement was made that is was cancelled. Ah well--I couldn't complain too much--I really enjoyed people-watching while my kids played VMK in the Arcade. And sometimes the best laid plans go awry!

I guess we have to control our own destiny as much as possible--make lemonade out of the lemons, if you will.

Here's hoping your next trip to WDW is filled with magical moments and lots of pixiedust:

I get why you're upset. I have plans on my birthday to eat at CRT, and then to see Spectro and Wishes, and I'd be upset if they were changed at the last minute. I plan my trips months in advance as well, and most of them go pretty smoothly. I think the only time they were "changed," is when it was storming the night of my Fantasmic dinner package last year. I still had a nice dinner.

Feelslikeadream said:
I understood the dining plan.
So then why the shock when you tried to use your card at a non-DDP place?

Feelslikeadream said:
As for Spectro,I understand that they say subject to change. Do you think I am the only person that palnned on seeing the parade that night. Do you think I am angry, that had I known I would of scheduled it for a different day.
We moved on that day. I dealt with it. I guess expressing how i feel is a bad thing here.
No it isn't. Placing blame where it isn't deserved will, however, be called out every time.

Feelslikeadream said:
The kids are begging to go back, so as you can see, we hid the negative things from them very well.
So then missing Spectromagic wasn't crushingly negative to them? Are you saying they got over it?

Feelslikeadream said:
In my OP I was just wondering if writeing a letter, would make a difference.
In your case, no, a letter will not make a difference. Sorry for not providing a clear answer earlier.

I would agree, unless we hear more you maybe would only get a complimentary apology/condescending letter. :confused3 But maybe that is all you want. :confused3
I can REALLY imagine the frustration of planning on seeing a parade, but it being cancelled. But that does happen sometimes -- and sometimes it is not officially cancelled until after the official start time.
Disney does not go out of their way to cancel parades. Just the opposite.
I think most any trip many of us may experience something cancelled we planned and hoped to see (show, parade, attraction, ride, etc).
That is what is so nice about Disney -- there is always something else to help ease that frustration.
I have not used the DDP. Although I think it sounds great (for most). I think some make it complicated.
It sounds like it was partly not understood or researched on your part. Although I get the impression had you been told No with a smile that would have eased the impact too. But the answer still would not have been what you wanted to hear.
Your initial post it just came off sounding like you were overly dramatic, even over $20. (Not that I discount that. Who can't use an extra $20? ;) ) And I can understand it being principal, rather than $.
Sometimes I think Disney oversells the magic. Seems like some guests have anything less than magic and they get upset. :confused3
It just sounded like an upsetting trip for you overall. That does happen, as did with us once. (And could on vacation anywhere.) I have said had that been our first Disney trip we would not have returned and wondered what all the fuss was about. Luckily we knew that was not the norm and it has not happened since.

Specto's good, but is it really worth bawling like a baby over???(not sure if you mentioned this here, but I know on one of your threads you said you had a "melt down" and bawled. It's not worth getting that upset over. If you get that upset over a parade, you must have a really good life, and should count your blessings.

I know I sound like a witch, and I rarely make snarky comments like this, but come on-- it's a parade.

I can see your whole thing with the Spectro issue. I have had that happen more than once. Its the cost of doing emotional business with Disney! You have to take the bad with the good. Once at Disneland we waited for two hours to see the fireworks and met a very nice couple from Scotland, also waiting. They cancelled that show at the last minute due to high winds (totally understandable) and I was bummed for us but more bummed for our friends from Scotland who on the last night of their trip in the U.S. had so looked forward to that. Given their age, I doubt they ever made it back but who knows? As for us "disers" (you make that sound like a bad word) being hard on you, well sometimes we are. We are group of people who plan like freaks, check park schedules 50 times a month to avoid the fate you suffered with Spectro. And when something says "all information subject to change without notice" belileve it, they mean it! Also, it is a well know fact that there are many places around WDW that don't take the DDP so that is not a secret that could not have been found out. But I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been. And you are not the first or last person that happened to. So I am sympathetic to you, think Disney needs to finetune their communication process a bit but also know it could have been avoided. But that doesn't make you an idiot or criminal that you didn't check.

I would write the letter and see what happens. You may be pleasantly surprised. But your best bet for being compensated with either a perk or an apology is if you make your beef known when it happens. I did that once with a mishap at Boardwalk and was given a $100 credit for my time spent looking for my lost luggage they lost (and then found). Had I waited I doubt it would have happened that way.

Good luck, give WDW another try, but if you do, go in with an open mind or it will be Disaster #2.

So sorry your sons' birthday plans were ruined. I can understand how this would leave you upset.

But please give Disney another chance. We go each year and there was a trip a few years ago, that was not very Disney-Like at all. A CM was having a bad day and took it out on us. I did complain at guest services before I left the park that day and I tried not to let it ruin the remaining days of my vacation.

The trip after that trip (the following year) turned out to be the most magical Disney vacation that we have ever had. It even beat our Honeymoon at Disney World and that is saying a lot!! The CM's were amazing and we had the best time. There were magical moments everywhere and this was mostly because the CMs went above and beyond...

Again, I am sorry. I have written a letter to Disney and they responded to me right away by phone. I would write a letter, it may make you feel better to hear what they have to say. Good Luck. :thumbsup2

DonnaDuck said:
We go each year and there was a trip a few years ago, that was not very Disney-Like at all. A CM was having a bad day and took it out on us. I did complain at guest services before I left the park that day and I tried not to let it ruin the remaining days of my vacation.

I agree with this as well. On the second to last day of my vacation, I had a very snappy server, who was acting like he was going out of his way to serve me. This was a buffet, and the whole time I had only asked him for two things, 1) a drink, and 2) my bill. I was in a slightly bad mood for about an hour, maybe, but then I went to Epcot, and had some great interaction with one of the characters, and everything was all better. . . Okay, and I also called my BF on the monorail, and he got to hear me sniffling that I had a mean server, and I was upset.

We waited at DLR once for fantasmic for 3 hours, you have to sit there to get a seat generally. Anyways, it was cancelled. I didn't even want to sit and wait but my gf really wanted to so we did. I was frustrated, sure, but there's nothing you can do and Disney would do the show if they could. I'm sure they were frustrated as well. It never occured to me to complain, nor was I angry and I'm not always the calmest of people. We took it in the best way possible and knew that we'd still have something like a big attraction to experience for the first time if we returned in the future. Thats all you can really do. With all the other magic around while in any Disney Park I was still having a great time :) :) :).

There are planty of things about the DP that is misleading.
Well, no, there aren't. All participating restaurants are listed in the brochure you get when you check in, as well as on disneyworld.com, and various unofficial websites. In addition, there are threads here on the DIS - an entire board, really - dedicated to the Dining Plan.

We moved on that day. I dealt with it.
Oh, okay. Because it doesn't seem like you did, but...

The kids are begging to go back, so as you can see, we hid the negative things from them very well. The kids are begging to go back, so as you can see, we hid the negative things from them very well.
Or it could be that they're not upset about the negatives.

In my OP I was just wondering if writeing a letter, would make a difference
And several similar responses to your original question indicated that it is best to make Disney (any business, really) aware of problems while they are occurring, not after you leave.

I get why you're upset. I have plans on my birthday to eat at CRT, and then to see Spectro and Wishes, and I'd be upset if they were changed at the last minute.
Last minute is relative. Disney was aware at least two days in advance (based on that they publish the week's schedule at the beginning of the week, so print it at least one day before that) that SpectroMagic would not run 11/6. Guests reading the printed schedule before that day would be aware of the change - with more accuracy than a Guest relying on website information at least six days old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter