Not For Debate, Just a ?

patsal

<font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to
First, here's the scoop, I just want to know if there is room in a WVL studio for a queen sized air bed? FYI, I am only using the extra bed to keep my 10 year old son from wanting to poke hot sticks in his eyes rather than share a bed with his sister!LOL:D I was able to purchase a queen sized air bed with the built in foot pump really inexpensively (a twin will cost me nearly double what I paid). However, the bargain, may not be a bargain if it won't fit!
Anyone know?:confused:

Here is a layout of the studio at VWL. With the sofa bed folded out you'll still have to find a place for the coffee table too. Personally, having stayed in one of the VWL studios, I'd say that this layout is somewhat "generous" with what it shows as open space, but I could be wrong. I like the studios at VWL very much but in my opinion a queen air bed would not fit.

fp_wild_studio_lrg.gif

Thanks BobBrazeal, I guess it's off to the store I go! I really don't want to feel cramped, but I just don't think I could take the whining!:D

Just a thought. If one child slept on the couch without folding it out, would that leave enough room?

BobBrazeal...Just wanted to say that I'm always impressed with your tech expertise....what a great way to answer this question by bringing in the studio schematic!

Also, your "Welcome Home" graphics are awesome.

Keep it coming! b:)

Granny, that is also an option, but the "he's got more room" debate would ensue! I don't know, when I was a kid I wished to go to Disney and would have slept in a tent on the ground to be able to go. Never went until I was 26 years old, I guess the kids are just way too spoiled! And I know I over worry/analyze the situation as well.

BobBrazeals' graphics are always a treat. Wish I knew how to do that!;)

LOL patsal....we have the same problem with our two DD's.

And we do tend to overanalyze, but you know why? Because we know our kids, and because we know that we stress more over their fighting than they do.

You could always alternate them between the couch and the air mattress. That should help the "he's got more room" debate.

Or just wear them out at the parks so they don't even care where they sleep! :D

What about dd sleeping with mom and ds sleeping with dad?

Our kids are still a bit too young to fight about who they are sleeping with, but we've considered this option for the future.

Switching the sleeping order would never work for us, the whole adult with a kids leg in their back thing! LOL:D

I think I've solved it, and now they are arguing over who gets the air mattress!!! Go figure. I returned the queen sized air mattress and purchased a queen sized air mattress with an electric air pump. This new air mattress folds in half to make a double thick twin sized mattress. All this for only five dollars more!!! What a deal. Looks like they will be trading off on the sofa sleeper/air mattress. DD will fall asleep anywhere after a long day, DS will analyze the day, plan the next day and go to sleep after contemplating why he didn't purchase some gadget he'll never be able to find anywhere else!!!LOL.

Thanks so much for all of your ideas. I think I can safely cross this as something to be worried aboout off my list.;)

Originally posted by patsal This new air mattress folds in half to make a double thick twin sized mattress. All this for only five dollars more!!!

This sounds really neat - may I ask where were you able to get it?
When you come back, please let us know how it worked out. Thanks

Kate :earsgirl:

Brickate-- I was able to find this at a local K-mart. It usually retails for about fifty dollars (on sale and with a discount coupon I paid 28.00). The brand is Northwest Territory, and we took it out of the box and tried it out last night. There are two inflation chambers, so you'd only have to blow up half or do both and fold it over for twin (Double thick) bed. Leave open with both chambers filled for queen sized .The electric pump was included in the box. Now if I could only get it to fit back into the box!!!LOL:D

Just one more thought - in Oct 01 we got a "handicapped accessible" room and there was lots of room between the queen bed and the sofa. We could have had a dance! There was just the two of us, so we didn't use the sofa bed but this may give you the extra room you need. Be aware that the bathroom is configured differently, useful but there is no counter space at all. We used a ice chest turned upside down. Enjoy your stay and thanks for thinking about what makes both your children and you happy.

Just another thought, We had a "handicapped accesssible" room in Oct. 01. There is lots of space between the bed and sofa. There were only two of us so we didn't use the sofa bed. Be aware that the bathroom is configured differently. It is okay but there is no counter space. We used our ice chest turned upside down. Enjoy and thanks for thinking about what makes you and your children happy on vacation. I wouldn't have wanted to sleep with my brother either!! LOL

patsal, that is just one of those mysteries of science. It will only go in the box the first time. After that it will always be too big to fit back in.

I bet it will fit! If not in the sleeping area, then by the entrance door; esp. if as you say you can fold it in 1/2 to make a twin. I'd take a chance with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter