Not finding what I want

Simba06

Mouseketeer
I have finally narrowed down what I want, CCV, October use year, 75-100 points. The problem is, there’s hardly any contracts out there! I have been watching closely for a month, and currently there is only one contract to even consider, but it has barely any 2022 points available (which I was hoping to get at least a decent amount of).

Am I being too picky? Should I try for a different resort even though its not my #1? The thought of spending a good chunk of money and not getting the resort I truly want the most is not high on my list.

I have considered SSR due to great prices right now, and the fact that we will mostly use 1 bedrooms, and will have some trips booked within 7 mo. I also considered Poly because we love that resort, but we are wanting to wait to buy there until Poly2, or at least until we know if it’s the same association or not.

I also considered a Sept use year, but I am afraid the banking deadline is too early in the year for us. Maybe I am overthinking this one?

I have finally narrowed down what I want, CCV, October use year, 75-100 points. The problem is, there’s hardly any contracts out there! I have been watching closely for a month, and currently there is only one contract to even consider, but it has barely any 2022 points available (which I was hoping to get at least a decent amount of).

Am I being too picky? Should I try for a different resort even though its not my #1? The thought of spending a good chunk of money and not getting the resort I truly want the most is not high on my list.

I have considered SSR due to great prices right now, and the fact that we will mostly use 1 bedrooms, and will have some trips booked within 7 mo. I also considered Poly because we love that resort, but we are wanting to wait to buy there until Poly2, or at least until we know if it’s the same association or not.

I also considered a Sept use year, but I am afraid the banking deadline is too early in the year for us. Maybe I am overthinking this one?
How long have you been looking for? New contracts are coming up all the time. Are you checking multiple brokers? When I was looking I just kept checking all of them every day.

How long have you been looking for? New contracts are coming up all the time. Are you checking multiple brokers? When I was looking I just kept checking all of them every day.
Diligently looking for the last 6 weeks. I use an aggregator and also check individual sites in case something is missed.

I just seemed to have picked an uncommon resort/use year combo!

We’d like to plan a trip for this year, so feeling a little extra time pressure.

Diligently looking for the last 6 weeks. I use an aggregator and also check individual sites in case something is missed.

We’d like to plan a trip for this year, so feeling a little extra time pressure.

FYI, the aggregators don’t pick up everything and are not always up to date. I’d get on some email lists for brokers with your target resort and UY so that you get notified as soon as one becomes available.

FYI, the aggregators don’t pick up everything and are not always up to date. I’d get on some email lists for brokers with your target resort and UY so that you get notified as soon as one becomes available.
I did that this weekend. Thats why I also check the individual websites throughout the day as well.

Quick question: you say you are hoping to get a trip planned for this year (I assume late fall or early winter). Is that your normal travel period? If so, then a September or October UY really wouldn't be ideal for you...

A single use year will only represent a small percentage of contracts for sale at a given time. Maybe there are other use years that would work?

Quick question: you say you are hoping to get a trip planned for this year (I assume late fall or early winter). Is that your normal travel period? If so, then a September or October UY really wouldn't be ideal for you...
We would travel anywhere from oct-may, never in the summer (did it once, never again). Typically around thanksgiving or spring break.

What use year would you recommend?

When I wanted a particular resort and use year, I told all of the brokers so that they would call me as soon as they saw what I was looking for, and this worked out well for me.

We would travel anywhere from oct-may, never in the summer (did it once, never again). Typically around thanksgiving or spring break.

What use year would you recommend?
Oct may be ideal but a Sept UY would be fine. The banking deadline is Apr 30th. If you had a May trip scheduled you'd have to cancel sometime in Apr to not have the points go into holding. I am in the camp to buy a UY that gives you that bit of free "insurance" against last minute cancellations but if you never cancel a trip it's also never going to matter. If fall trips are more likely than May you could even step back another month.

Resale can be funny. You'll watch and see nothing then all of a sudden the ones you want will pop up. I'd change UY before I changed to a resort I did not want as much.

Oct may be ideal but a Sept UY would be fine. The banking deadline is Apr 30th. If you had a May trip scheduled you'd have to cancel sometime in Apr to not have the points go into holding. I am in the camp to buy a UY that gives you that bit of free "insurance" against last minute cancellations but if you never cancel a trip it's also never going to matter. If fall trips are more likely than May you could even step back another month.

Resale can be funny. You'll watch and see nothing then all of a sudden the ones you want will pop up. I'd change UY before I changed to a resort I did not want as much.
This is true! I swear in the few months prior to my officially ready to buy, there were new listings every few days! I know the market has changed drastically in the last two months, I’m wondering if thats playing into the low amount of contracts available.

Strongly agree on both these points. I'd much rather work around a less than ideal use year than settle for a resort that isn't my first choice. Oct-May is a pretty big range of possible travel dates, so October is the only ideal UY, but September would work too for most of your trips probably.

Also your point range of 75-100 points might be a little harder to find, because they would have to be an add-on contract most time to an existing owner....... who probably bought specifically to use at CCV. If you bump your range up to 150-200 points you will probably find more contracts, since these would be for new owners who might need to sell.

I'm not sure I understand your issue.

Your UY should be right before you usually travel. So, October is good if you travel fall or holiday. Bank by May, no big deal. August or September would be pretty much the same thing, not a huge difference. If you can't do your fall/holiday trip any of those would give you time to reschedule or bank.

If you're booking 1BRs, then 75-100 points isn't going to go far.

I'm not sure I understand your issue.

Your UY should be right before you usually travel. So, October is good if you travel fall or holiday. Bank by May, no big deal. August or September would be pretty much the same thing, not a huge difference. If you can't do your fall/holiday trip any of those would give you time to reschedule or bank.

If you're booking 1BRs, then 75-100 points isn't going to go far.
I was too focused on the “perfect” use year vs “workable” use. I tend to get hyperfocused on details sometimes. I do think sept would work just as well as others have pointed out.

I am not looking to use this contract for annual trips, most likely shorter trips around Thanskgiving every other year. Hoping to buy a larger contract when Poly2 goes on sale for our longer spring break trips.

I'm in a similar boat. Looking for a CCV, 150 points, Use Year of either August or September. We tend to travel in October and March.

I'm not on any email lists. I'll have to make that step.

I know what you mean. I scoured for months looking for something that was "perfect" and seemed like it was few and far between. I ended up going with a contract that was loaded with points, but not necessarily the best use year for us based on our past travel times. I figured our travel times will vary in the future due to my daughter getting older so I'm not certain one UY would benefit us over another. If I'm within the banking period, I will just rent the points. In the meantime, I will have some fun trying to find times to plan trips to use up my extra points!

Use year doesn't seem to matter a whole lot to us, since we've changed when we visit 3 times since we bought in 2014.
But all of our contracts are the same use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter