Not Feeling The 11 Month Home Resort Love at BWV :-(

Just to add to my previous post about tracking availability for 11 months out at BVW....checked at 8:15 today and 10/7/15 was available in all studios and 1BR....checked again at 8:25 and it was gone for standard view studios only (as are 10/1, 10/2, 10/5...10/5 seems random). At any rate, I will go on right at 8am at 11 months out to book mine.

Anyone have success when waitlisting a standard 2BR for a full week at the 11-month window? Since I'm booking with transferred points for a week in October, I have to wait until 9am to call...and then sit on hold for 20-30 minutes.

On another (related) note...If I waitlist for all 7 days, then decide to do a split stay and drop 3-4 days off the waitlist, will dropping days change my position on the waitlist?

I did notice that 2BRs have some dates missing. You could book the first part of your trip online and then call in to add the nights, though I wonder if that would mean you'd have to wait for 11 month from the nights you are adding or if you could just modify resie??? If you do a WL, do it as a split (better for getting what you want and if you want to drop one part to do another resort you can).

Edit to add: I think you can add dates and modify...same as walking folks do but they just drop a day too. So, maybe go online at 8am and book first half and then call in, at 9am, to add second half.

Also, it seems like folks are walking to get the weekends. If your trip begins on a weekday, all the better or you could walk too.

Last edited:
Anyone have success when waitlisting a standard 2BR for a full week at the 11-month window? Since I'm booking with transferred points for a week in October, I have to wait until 9am to call...and then sit on hold for 20-30 minutes.

On another (related) note...If I waitlist for all 7 days, then decide to do a split stay and drop 3-4 days off the waitlist, will dropping days change my position on the waitlist?

I believe that a change like that to a waitlist is a cancelling of the old one and creating a new one which would change your place in line.

I did notice that 2BRs have some dates missing. You could book the first part of your trip online and then call in to add the nights, though I wonder if that would mean you'd have to wait for 11 month from the nights you are adding or if you could just modify resie??? If you do a WL, do it as a split (better for getting what you want and if you want to drop one part to do another resort you can).

Edit to add: I think you can add dates and modify...same as walking folks do but they just drop a day too. So, maybe go online at 8am and book first half and then call in, at 9am, to add second half.

Also, it seems like folks are walking to get the weekends. If your trip begins on a weekday, all the better or you could walk too.

Unfortunately, since I am booking with transferred points (I own at AKV/HHI and I received BWV points), I cannot book online. That one-hour advantage for online booking is what is keeping me from getting the first night. I was going to try and walk the reservation, but since I can't get the first night, my best-case scenario is to waitlist the entire stay at 9am on the day my 11-month window opens.

Unfortunately, since I am booking with transferred points (I own at AKV/HHI and I received BWV points), I cannot book online. That one-hour advantage for online booking is what is keeping me from getting the first night. I was going to try and walk the reservation, but since I can't get the first night, my best-case scenario is to waitlist the entire stay at 9am on the day my 11-month window opens.
Oh, so you're using all transferred points??? I was thinking it was just some. Oh boy. Fingers crossed for ya!

Oh, so you're using all transferred points??? I was thinking it was just some. Oh boy. Fingers crossed for ya!

Fortunately, my family is OK with staying at AKV (preferably Kidani), which should have availability at 7 months. My sister really had her heart set on the BWV so she is open to doing a split-stay too. Now, I have to figure out the best strategy...AKV first or BWV first? It will be a 3/4 split so will it be "easier" to get Sat-Tues (3 nights) at BWV or will the Tues-Fri (4 nights) be easier??? :confused3 Should I set up a waitlist for both? I'm thinking that at 11 months (for each segment), I should set up a waitlist, one for 3 nights and one for the last 4 nights. Then, when the 7 month window opens, I will set up two, continuing reservations at AKV. That way, if one or both BWV waitlists come through, we should be all set....with some semblance of a split stay, or a full week at BWV...does this sound right?

Fortunately, my family is OK with staying at AKV (preferably Kidani), which should have availability at 7 months. My sister really had her heart set on the BWV so she is open to doing a split-stay too. Now, I have to figure out the best strategy...AKV first or BWV first? It will be a 3/4 split so will it be "easier" to get Sat-Tues (3 nights) at BWV or will the Tues-Fri (4 nights) be easier??? :confused3 Should I set up a waitlist for both? I'm thinking that at 11 months (for each segment), I should set up a waitlist, one for 3 nights and one for the last 4 nights. Then, when the 7 month window opens, I will set up two, continuing reservations at AKV. That way, if one or both BWV waitlists come through, we should be all set....with some semblance of a split stay, or a full week at BWV...does this sound right?
This. And I think it will be easier to get Tues-Fri at BWV (plus better to go to Epcot on weekdays during F&W). It seems like Sat and Sun are the tough nights to get at BWV during F&W. Maybe it's big for folks who live close enough to make weekend trips for F&W.

I was on yesterday at 8:10 am to book my trip for next year at BWV for F & W.. At that time, all studio options were still available starting 10/7. I was looking for Boardwalk view, but had I wanted, I could have gotten standard view. It appears that you definitely have to be on right when booking window opens to get that. Also, that weekend is Columbus Day weekend, so I wonder if some walking is going on and that things will free up as we move forward.

Booked Oct 1-5 today in P/G view studio and waitlisted BW view. Was going to go for Oct 19-23 but SIL and BIL might be down early Oct for parent weekend for my niece who will be a freshman in college in FL.

Booked Oct 1-5 today in P/G view studio and waitlisted BW view. Was going to go for Oct 19-23 but SIL and BIL might be down early Oct for parent weekend for my niece who will be a freshman in college in FL.
You might want to add Village Green to your request.

You might want to add Village Green to your request.
Yeah. We actually got one of those this past Aug and I loved the location (right off elevator on 5th floor) but we were next to construction zone and it was noisy but that should be done by Oct 2016.

Yes booking Columbus day weekend is a tough job if you want BWV standard view studios or 2 bedrooms. I've been watching myself. Gets harder every year.

Checked this morning for October 11th week. It was available at 7:55am, but at 8:01am it was gone. Must've only had one room left. But BLT standard studio is the same. First day is gone within minutes.

I'm planning on booking October 22 to 29, boardwalk view. I just checked and boardwalk view is gone for 11/11 also. I have to be sure I jump online at 8:00am on November 22!

I'm planning on booking October 22 to 29, boardwalk view. I just checked and boardwalk view is gone for 11/11 also. I have to be sure I jump online at 8:00am on November 22!

Boardwalk view is almost as hard to get as standard view in October, but not quite. (There's 20 % of each available, but standard view is more in demand.) You SHOULD be able to get a boardwalk view right at 11 months. If you see availabilty a few days before, you could consider "walking" the reservation to ensure you get it. (On Nov 20th book Oct 20th-27th, on the 22nd call and cancel the first two days and book the last two,)

Checking again this morning and at 8:01AM the Oct. 12th night was gone. Hopefully things get a little better after we get out of the Columbus holiday week.

Checking again this morning and at 8:01AM the Oct. 12th night was gone. Hopefully things get a little better after we get out of the Columbus holiday week.

Yeah - you have to remember, that most popular dates in the calendar year are:

1) December 1-15th
2) The week of Food and Wine Marathon
3) Columbus Day week.

Should get a little less difficult after this.

Yeah - you have to remember, that most popular dates in the calendar year are:

1) December 1-15th
2) The week of Food and Wine Marathon
3) Columbus Day week.

Should get a little less difficult after this.

I agree. This is why we own 3 homes so we have options at the 11 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter