not everyone present at check in--free dining

mtry

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am planning an upcoming trip in Sept.(free dining) myself, ds11 ds12 and ds18. Ds 18 will now not be able to come until toward the latter half of the 10 day trip. We purchased 9 day hoppers with our package, for all 4 of us. Ds and I both have 4 days left on old non-expiring tickets which we were just going to save for a future visit but now he will only need 4 days of tickets and the 9 day park hopper would be a waste. My questions are:
1. Is his 9 day hopper ticket going to be put on his room card and if so, how can we save this for a future use?
2. Will Pop Century give us a hard time as we are all not there at check in
( being that it is free dining)? If so how can I handle this?:scared:
3. He was scheduled to take Magical Express with us and now won't need to. Do I have to call to cancel him? Thankyou very much. This is our 1st time on site, and using Magical Express.

1. Is his 9 day hopper ticket going to be put on his room card and if so, how can we save this for a future use?

yes. save and use the room key in the future.

depends ultimately on the CM. i've heard it go both ways. the worst case is his dining credits don't get released until he does show up

3. He was scheduled to take Magical Express with us and now won't need to. Do I have to call to cancel him?

no and i wouldn't even recommend doing so out of courtesy to be honest. could lead to confusion and end up affecting all of you.

3. He was scheduled to take Magical Express with us and now won't need to. Do I have to call to cancel him? Thankyou very much. This is our 1st time on site, and using Magical Express.

1. You can just save the room card or you can take it to guest relations at Downtown Disney and have them transfer it to a paper ticket. I did the latter because I was afraid I would think the other was just an old room key and throw it out.

2. Like other poster said it will probably depend on CM. Some reported a problem last year, but I checked in for our party of 8 and they weren't at the counter with me and I was never questioned as to whether or not they were all there. I hope it goes the same this year. Last year my whole party was at least on property. This year they are all arriving different times, but I'm hoping to check in for everyone.

3. I've never used ME. I wouldn't change it unless he is going to need it when he does arrive.

1. Just be careful to never put it in a turnstile this trip and not to lose it behind the dresser drawer when you get back home. You can put a diskette label or something like that on the picture side of the card with the notation of how many days the ticket is good for.

3. If he changes his mind and needs Magical Express, he needs to adjust his date of arrival reservation at least a day in advance and preferably after everyone else is at the resort having already used ME.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter