• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not enough points...can you pay Disney?

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Ok the question above does not sound right. (I am not even sure if this should be here, operations or misc).

anyway let me try to explain. Say you have 200 points available. You can not borrow, and you do not want to tranfer but you want to book a 2 bedroom which takes 256 points. Can you pay for the difference? Would you apply 200 points for 2 nights and then wind up paying cash for the next 2 for example? I hope this makes sense lol!

You can book what you can with points. You cannot book a partial night with points. You can pay cash for additional nights and sometime there is a DVC discount. There are certain types of villas that cannot be booked for cash, I believe standard and Boardwalk view villas at BWV for instance, although, GV's can be booked for cash. I think that the dedicated 2 bedrooms with the 2q's at BCV can't be booked for cash, but I certainly could be mistaken.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thank you! You do not have to move rooms if half the ressie is points and the other cash?

Thank you! You do not have to move rooms if half the ressie is points and the other cash?

that completely depends upon the front desk. it will be two different reservation numbers - so they could make you check out and check in - even if you don't have to move.

Reserve as many nights as you can using points and then reserve the remaining dates with cash thru MS (even if the discount is not available since the discount will be applied later if it becomes available). MS will link everything together and you will not need to move. If you will be staying any weekend nights, reserve the weeknights with points and pay cash for the weekends (this will also increase your chance of getting the 25% member discount) - you might even have some points left over to bank! As long as all nights are reserved thru MS you will not need to move and, most likely, won't have to check in a second time. We've done this many times without any problem.

Good luck! :)

Reserve as many nights as you can using points and then reserve the remaining dates with cash thru MS (even if the discount is not available since the discount will be applied later if it becomes available). MS will link everything together and you will not need to move. If you will be staying any weekend nights, reserve the weeknights with points and pay cash for the weekends (this will also increase your chance of getting the 25% member discount) - you might even have some points left over to bank! As long as all nights are reserved thru MS you will not need to move and, most likely, won't have to check in a second time. We've done this many times without any problem.

Good luck! :)

I'm glad to learn that MS can link the two reservations.

Bobbi

But, there are some room categories that are not available for cash like the BCV two bedroom with two queen sized beds, BW view villas, and a few others. So if you reserve two nights on points and two nights on cash for one of these villas, you will have to move and they cannot be linked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter