Not disappointed with the DREAM!

Our Dream cruise was on 9th on DCL. We also heard all of the "negative press" but went with a good attitude and an open mind. It was WONDERFUL. We were happily reunited with several of our favorite DCL friends onboard the Dream, they took great care of us. We wanted for nothing and and even occasionally felt a little "over loved" --not a bad thing on a cruise.:rotfl: The officers and crew seemed very sensitive to guest feedback. We had the opportunity to sit down with a couple of officers, they had A LOT of questions, it was an interesting conversation. This was the first cruise where we really felt like they truly wanted our opinions and and appreciated the honest, specific feedback. We're definitely looking forward to sailing again!

It is so great to hear these reviews. I leave on the Dream in a little over a week and I was beginning to wonder what I had gotten myself in to based on all the negative nellies out there. Thanks for renewing my faith in Disney and their ability to do what they do best. I can't wait!!

We also thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on the Dream back in May! I meant to write a trip report but never got around to it :rolleyes1

We thought the ship was absolutely beautiful and enjoyed every minute of our time. Were the pools busy? Sure, but we just went at off times and found other things to do when they were busy. We were the only family riding the AquaDuck one night and rode 12 times in a row! My boys still talk about that!

We thought the food was wonderful, the service great, and had not one single complaint. We loved it so much we're going back in 12 days :cool1:

I was so glad to read your review. May will be our first Disney cruise and I am so excited and I have to admit that reading some of the negative reports that are so nit picky sometimes can burst your bubble. So I have actually stopped reading the titles that say anything negative about the Dream. I have worked really hard to pay for this trip on my own to surprise my family at Christmas so I have decided,I am only going to read positive reviews. This may sound odd to some, but when it comes to our one vacation a year, I am going into knowing everything is going to be great!!!

Thanks OP for the "GOOD REVIEW" :thumbsup2 We had a fabulous time on our first 2 cruises ...our first was on the Wonder and second was on the Dream. I could'nt find a complaint on either one. Were going on our third cruise in March and I have no worries ,other than a BIG snow storm stopping us from getting there, "knock on wood" ;)

Were the pools busy? Sure, but we just went at off times and found other things to do when they were busy. We were the only family riding the AquaDuck one night and rode 12 times in a row!

When are "off times" typically? We're not particularly comfortable with crowds,especially in the pool.

Great idea, should have posted a positive review too (nature of the internet is to moan more than praise I suppose).

We were on our first ever cruise on the 9/25 sailing (aka Irene madness).

Weren't sick, was not annoyed at info or lack of. Hated Nassau but doubt that had anything to do with Disney or the hurricane, it's just a dump. Great food, great entertainment, great staff, brilliant kids clubs beautiful rooms, no crowd problems at all, photo's with all the characters and didn't miss a show. Forget Mickey bars at 1am, we had cheeseburgers and they were yummy.

Loved it and booked again for a 5 night this time next July. 2 stops at Castaway Cay should mean we see it at least once! I should stress I don't hold Disney responsible.

The only thing I would say is I wish Disney would pour some of their considerable fortune into making Nassau "nice" at least. It's not their port but I'm sure if they offered some money and workers it wouldn't be refused and maybe more people would get off the boat and in return spend more money.

Believe it or not the the port area in Nassau used to be way worse...don't know if was Disney money or not but the port dock area is VASTLY improved over what it was. Nassau is not my favorite port but I don't hate it as much as most. I think the view coming into port is one of the prettiest.

MJ

When are "off times" typically? We're not particularly comfortable with crowds,especially in the pool.

Anytime that school is 'in'...first half of September is good...some fall breaks start the second half...the last two weeks of April help you miss a good deal of spring break crowds ..the first two weeks of December and the first two weeks of May....that would be my best bet!! :) At those times, you may have more families with preschoolers but they usually go to bed early, so you don't see them much after 8pm...hth!!

Believe it or not the the port area in Nassau used to be way worse...don't know if was Disney money or not but the port dock area is VASTLY improved over what it was. Nassau is not my favorite port but I don't hate it as much as most. I think the view coming into port is one of the prettiest.

MJ

I agree that Nassau is not my favorite port; but I also realize that people living there are just trying to make a living. I don't let them keep me from getting off the ship. The view of the ships from the top of the hill at the Fort and worth a trip off the boat in my humble opinion.

Anytime that school is 'in'...first half of September is good...some fall breaks start the second half...the last two weeks of April help you miss a good deal of spring break crowds ..the first two weeks of December and the first two weeks of May....that would be my best bet!! :) At those times, you may have more families with preschoolers but they usually go to bed early, so you don't see them much after 8pm...hth!!

I misunderstood. I was thinking off-times of the day.

We're headed out on Dream in about 3 weeks, so we're stuck with the dates we selected.

Thanks again for the positive review! My mom and I will be on the Dream in November on our very first cruise and it's great to hear good things! :thumbsup2

Opinions of the Dream are a matter of perspective, as you can't fairly compare it to the classic ships. We've sailed on it three times, although one was the maiden and that a crazy experience unto itself, and while there are things I dislike compared to the Magic and Wonder, I can't say we had a bad time...just a "different" one. I've learned to adjust my expectations, which makes it a much more enjoyable trip.

We're sailing again tomorrow, and although I know I won't be thrilled with some things like the embark/disembark, smaller adult area, etc., there's plenty to love on that ship too. We haven't sailed all summer so I can't wait to get back on board again.

Dh and I cruised the Dream in May. WE LOVED IT :love:
We booked a back to back Dream cruise for May 2012 we loved it that much.

We loved everything about the Dream. We knew going in that the Dream was different than the Magic and Wonder & we had the best cruise.

We loved the AquaDuck and eating in the new restaurants. We ate Palo dinner & brunch and it was just as delicious as the Magic and Wonder. Our servers were amazing and we did not have one bad meal or one bad experience! :cool1:

My husband and I cruised with no children and we found the adult areas on the ship to be fine. Yes, the pools are small but we are on a cruise ship! We really had no problems with the adult pool and hot tub. We went to the pools, hot tub & AquaDuck at off hours and no one was around! We rode the AquaDuck SO many times with no wait. We just knew when to go. :thumbsup2

Pirate night was just as good too! The Pirate Party was a lot of fun.

Navigating the Dream was easy and we had no problems finding our way around. It is beautiful. :)

To those of you who are cruising the Dream soon: It is wonderful! Not everyone has complaints about it. We are DCL veterans and we loved everything about this ship and had a perfect vacation. That's why we booked a back to back for May 2012! :banana:

Thank you for a positive review! We sail in 25 days, and although I keep telling myself to go in with an open mind, after reading so many negative reviews, I was feeling kind of disheartened. But, now that I've seen this, I am determined to go in saying I will LOVE the Dream! :)

We read so many negative posts before our cruise on September 1st. We've only cruised the Wonder in 2008, for our 25th where we had a DFTW vow renewal.

First let me say that we do not dine out often and certainly not fine dining. We were very impressed with everything on the DREAM. We were a group of four adults (dh, ds and dd and myself) in an aft balcony stateroom. We had an amazing time. We thought the food was excellent, everything we had. Our service was impeccable. Our stateroom host kept my ice bucket full each day. Our dining room servers were excellent and quickly knew what we wanted to drink.

We enjoyed the adult pool and cannot say it was too crowded at any time. We found chairs either close buy or on the upper deck if we wanted sun. We didn't have time and missed out on the fitness center and spa, but friend said they were amazing also.

The castmembers were always friendly and acknowledged you as you passed by. They were constantly cleaning something, so trash did not sit around.

The ONLY item we had any problem with, was ordering room service (not a problem with room service); but we followed the phone prompts and were left on an eternal hold. DH went to guest services after 20 minutes and ordered right there and found that you needed to 'dial 30'?? Well, future calls to that number were answered immediately. Enjoying a Mickey bar at 1am is something I absolutely enjoyed!! (DS an DH enjoyed the wings).

I leave you with this, please go with an open mind. Do not let someones negative comments and complaints taint your opinion before you get on the ship.

We loved the Dream and NEVER felt like there were 4000 people on board. Our dd loved it so much she booked her own cruise for the future.

We ordered the oatmeal raisin cookies several times, along with hot dogs and the Caesar salad. So good!!!!!

We were on the Dream in March and had a wonderful time! It was our first time on a cruise and we scheduled the next one before getting off.

Thank you for this positive review! We are leaving for Thanksgiving on the Dream, and we couldn't be more excited. I agree, go with an open mind, and you might be pleasantly surprised!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter