Not crazy about VGT assignment. Will Disney listen to request to change it?

SJDis

Earning My Ears
We just got our VGT room assignment. It's not terrible, but I was hoping for something on a higher deck. From what I have learned our room is pretty noisy because of the club directly below it. I know you get what you get with a VGT but I though some of you might know if Disney would be open to reassigning our room???? If so, is it best to call or just wait until check-in? I'm sure we'll have a great time in our current room but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.......

The worst you can be told is "no" but Im thinking that you pretty much get what you get when you go VGT. Special pricing and all. We are OGT and sail in 18 days and havent gotten an assignment! I keep telling hubby we are sleeping in crew quarters!:rotfl2:

I wouldn't hold out much hope that DCL is going to do anything for you. You did agree to "any verandah cabin" by accepting the rate. But if you are going to ask -- sooner rather than later would be best. If you wait until check-in, they will have already done upgrades and assigned cabins to the performers, etc, so even less availability in the verandah category.

You can always try but honestly that is the gamble you take when booking VGT....great price but the rules are you can't change your cabin assignment...that is the tradeoff. Just think of it like this...if everyone who did not particularly care for their cabin assignment were to call and ask to be changed it would be a logistic nightmare...especially when the rate restrictions specifically mention not being able to change rooms.

What I would do is wait until I got onboard and if the noise really is a problem then you have a legitimate complaint and address it onboard (and at that point I would think it should not matter how you booked it...if the noise is really a problem).

MJ

I'm with MJ on this one. If there is a legit problem with the room, they will move you. Noise is subjective; I would put that as "maybe." Something non-functional in the room would be either repaired or you'd be moved.

They are not going to move you in advance based on "I didn't want to be above the club" or "Dis reports say this is a noisy room."

Since you have a balcony, you can't be directly above a nightclub. If you are referring to the Oceaneer's Club...we've never had an issue with that location.

I don't think that DCL will change your room for you since you purchased a deeply discounted fare (VGT). The terms of that fare include letting them assign you any available verandah room and changes are not allowed. That is the chance you take when you book VGT.

What you can do it upgrade when you get to the port. I received a 7A when we sailed on the Wonder last September (VGT booking) and was able to upgrade at the port to a 4A for $350. It was still a huge discount over the full fare for the 4A.

Best of luck and I hope that you are able to upgrade at the port. :thumbsup2

They switched ours at port when we asked if it was an option. Same category, no additional charge.

When you get to port try to switch rooms. Your new room might be the same or worse though. When you board if it's too noisy let your stateroom host know. If there's a room available I'm sure they will find a way to accommodate you. Good luck and have a great trip!

the rate restrictions specifically mention not being able to change rooms.

THIS. The *GT rates are very explicit about no room changes, at least not until you get to port. We just booked VGT for the WBPC and will be ecstatic with any room we get, as we could not have been able to afford even an inside room at standard rates.

We just got our VGT room assignment. It's not terrible, but I was hoping for something on a higher deck. From what I have learned our room is pretty noisy because of the club directly below it. I know you get what you get with a VGT but I though some of you might know if Disney would be open to reassigning our room???? If so, is it best to call or just wait until check-in? I'm sure we'll have a great time in our current room but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.......

What room were you assigned?

Thanks for all the responses!! Like I said, I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what!! We wouldn't have been able to afford it without that great rate. My wife and I may be in "da' club" helping make all the noise anyway!!!! I may just make a quick phone call and see...it can't hurt to ask. Our room is 5680. From the review I read on this board they said there was a bit of noise from the club below and the engine but I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure it will still be awesome and I'm definitely not complaining about it. I was mainly just curious what the more experienced DCL'ers would know about whether or not I should even ask. I can't wait to go!!!

:woohoo:

Thanks for all the responses!! Like I said, I'm sure we'll have a great time no matter what!! We wouldn't have been able to afford it without that great rate. My wife and I may be in "da' club" helping make all the noise anyway!!!! I may just make a quick phone call and see...it can't hurt to ask. Our room is 5680. From the review I read on this board they said there was a bit of noise from the club below and the engine but I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure it will still be awesome and I'm definitely not complaining about it. I was mainly just curious what the more experienced DCL'ers would know about whether or not I should even ask. I can't wait to go!!!

:woohoo:

I think you'll be fine and, as others have said, you can always try to change rooms at port or ask to be moved if there is a problem. We were assigned to room 5162 for our VGT on the Dream last Feb. I was apprehensive, but I ended up loving the location. So easy to get around via the aft stairs/elevators. Plus, you'll be on the starboard side of the ship, and there is no connecting hallway that goes to the front of the ship on that side (everyone has to use the hallway on the port side to go all the way forward).

find out about these discounted rates? I assume they are last minute on un-filled ships? Thanks.

find out about these discounted rates? I assume they are last minute on un-filled ships? Thanks.

look up the cruise you are interested in--if these rates are available, they are shown as the lowest fare in each cabin type (they are not always available in all types. For instance, they might offer only an IGT (inside) or only a VGT (verandah) or they might be available in all 3 types.

They are not really "last minute" rates, but are usually released after the start of the penalty period....74 days or less on Bahamas and Caribbean cruises, 120 days on European cruises and those longer than 10 nights or something like that.....

I think you'll be fine and, as others have said, you can always try to change rooms at port or ask to be moved if there is a problem. We were assigned to room 5162 for our VGT on the Dream last Feb. I was apprehensive, but I ended up loving the location. So easy to get around via the aft stairs/elevators. Plus, you'll be on the starboard side of the ship, and there is no connecting hallway that goes to the front of the ship on that side (everyone has to use the hallway on the port side to go all the way forward).

Great point about being on the starboard side. Isn't that also the side that has the best view for the fireworks at Castaway Cay?

GT = You get what you get, so don't throw a fit! Lol! Seriously, be happy with what you have. After all, it's what you signed up for. It's irritating to the rest of us that pay the regular rate for the cabin/category of our choosing ;)

GT = You get what you get, so don't throw a fit! Lol! Seriously, be happy with what you have. After all, it's what you signed up for. It's irritating to the rest of us that pay the regular rate for the cabin/category of our choosing ;)

I agree, I book early to get the room / location I want. I know if I wait I might get a cheaper rate, but for me locaiton is what I want and I am willing to pay for it.

Perhaps there is something unique about this cabin but typically those with a 0 or a 1 as the second digit are on the Port (left) side of the ship.

SJDis said:
Great point about being on the starboard side. Isn't that also the side that has the best view for the fireworks at Castaway Cay?

There are fireworks on CC?

Yes, fireworks at sea can be seen on the starboard side but technically you aren't supposed to be out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter