Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin......

disykat said:
I keep a pair of tweezers in my car - the rear view mirror is not my friend.

I do the same thing -- the natural sunlight illuminates things that my bathroom mirror doesn't!

I refer to chin hair as "stray eyebrows."

Do you have any Italian blood, by chance? It's kind of like that joke "Why do Italian men have mustaches and beards?"......"So they can look like their mothers." I swear this plagues my entire family of Italian women. It's a curse, LOL!

lulu71 said:
"Why do Italian men have mustaches and beards?"......"So they can look like their mothers."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Sadly, nope, no Italian in my blood! DH calls me his "hirsute honey". :rotfl2:

Caradana (dang, hard to remember to spell that backwards.....sorry :teeth: ).......I've never heard of a Tweezerman. Sounds like something from a Jerry Seinfeld episode though.

(Elaine, promoting the Tweezerman from the J. Peterman company!) :earboy2:

HTH said:
:scared1:

*runs away*

LOL! You are young, your day will come! A few kids, hormones going whacko, and BOOM, there it is, you will be perplexed at first, and maybe even embarrassed. You will feel like hiding, if you can't pluck the darn thing out. You will feel like you surely MUST be the only female on the face of the earth with chin hair!

I know I thought I must of done something wrong as a kid (like the time my dad caught me shaving my face with his straight-edged razor, and he assured me I was going to grow up to be the bearded lady in the circus :earseek: ) I thought for sure that was why I had this pesky chin hair. But then, I find it is not all that uncommon. phew!

I had a chin hair that I plucked for a couple years, then poof... it quit popping out. I'm not complaining!

I now have one babyfine hair that appears on my cheek, near my left ear. It's really easy to pull with just my fingers.

I missed something - why are we backwards now?

Caradana sounds kind of exotic. Like in Romancing the Stone!

Just when I thought the Community Board had become too depressing and scary of a place, I see this thread!

THANK YOU! I am laughing with tears in my eyes right now!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (DS thinks I'm nuts). :crazy:

Tweezermans ... the king of tweezers

ACF23D1.gif

Comes in assorted colors!
$18, but these will be your tweezers for life. There's not a living hair that these puppies cannot grab and pluck, first time, every time. :) They are the Porsche of Tweezers.
I should be a product rep!
www.tweezerman.com

Tweezers are SO critical to a middle aged woman that they must be on her person at all times.

On our recent vacation, I actually bought brand new tweezers (and tampons :rolleyes: ) at the Rite Aid in Beverly Hills, CA. Yep. There I was, amongst the rich, famous and beautiful - buying my stupid tweezers and tampons. :rotfl:

MaryAnnDVC said:
Designer, I hope!

Absolutely. ;)

Actually, my DD asked to see the receipt and said $3.99 for tampons?????!!!!" Apparently she isn't the one buying them regularly, because even Beverly Hills charges the same as my local Rite Aid does. :rotfl:

The tweezers, however, were $7.99. :rotfl2:

Disney1fan2002 said:
LOL! You are young, your day will come! A few kids, hormones going whacko, and BOOM, there it is, you will be perplexed at first, and maybe even embarrassed. You will feel like hiding, if you can't pluck the darn thing out. You will feel like you surely MUST be the only female on the face of the earth with chin hair!

I know I thought I must of done something wrong as a kid (like the time my dad caught me shaving my face with his straight-edged razor, and he assured me I was going to grow up to be the bearded lady in the circus :earseek: ) I thought for sure that was why I had this pesky chin hair. But then, I find it is not all that uncommon. phew!

Oh, it doesn't take having children, being middle-aged, or being Italian to get the dreaded chin hairs! I have no kids, am 29 years old, and am sporting a few really choice ones. Nice, long black ones that show up nicely against my lily white skin. DH alternates between calling me "The Bearded Lady" or "Goat Boy". :teeth: Well, maybe I can get a few growing pretty long, then braid them together for a stylish effect. :teeth:
(J/K, I tweeze those suckers like there is no tomorrow!)

Just like everyone esle here, I have one that i swear grows over night. Apparently I hadn't been feeling my chin for this stray black hair and one of my students decided to let me know about it. This is a student with multiple disabilities (one of which is autism) and right in the middle of his elective class I'm interpreting for him and he suddenly starts pointing to my chin and saying hair. He refused to leave it alone until I pulled at it few times to get rid of it. I couldn't believe that this kid who rarely communicates with me found it necessary to point out my whiskers!!! hehehe

Oh FWIW...I'm not Italian...but I am over 30 and have 2 kids!! hehehe

Everyone needs a good stubborn chin hair to keep them on their toes!

Today I sounded like caradana selling my sister on a pair of Tweezerman's. (Somebody had to tell her LOL)

DisMN, "Thanks God. Very funny" , makes me think of how we are said to be made in God's image. Through chin hairs and other fine things you are well familiar with, we know the Good Lord has quite the sense of humor. And you having one of the BEST senses of humor ever, well, I guess he figured you could handle your fair share of chin hairs!

ilovedale3 said:
DH alternates between calling me "The Bearded Lady" or "Goat Boy".

Got to love the name "Goat Boy". It's so darn descriptive isn't it?

Buckalew11 said:
Everyone needs a good stubborn chin hair to keep them on their toes!

Today I sounded like caradana selling my sister on a pair of Tweezerman's. (Somebody had to tell her LOL)

DisMN, "Thanks God. Very funny" , makes me think of how we are said to be made in God's image. Through chin hairs and other fine things you are well familiar with, we know the Good Lord has quite the sense of humor. And you having one of the BEST senses of humor ever, well, I guess he figured you could handle your fair share of chin hairs!

I KNOWWWww with the Tweezermans. I first looked at the website and thought "Pishawwwwww! No WAY in heck would I ever spend $35 bucks on a cute little heart shaped tweezer!" But........they're just SO cute and pluckworthy aren't they? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter