Not as easy to customize a plan on Touring Plans?

jennynyholm

Mouseketeer
I loved making customizable touring plans last time we went to WDW, but this time the website does not seem capable of customizing plans. Has anyone else found this? I live the Unoffical books and the website, so I'm not sure what the problem with the customizing feature is ....

No problems today. Only hiccup I had was in the crowd calendar, in Google Chrome, but it worked in Internet Explorer.

Anything specific you are trying to do, create a new plan, update an existing one, etc.?

I've never been able to create a decent plan using touring plans. I create my own and then put it in their custom plan maker just to get an idea of the time frame. Just put your plan in in the order you want and push "evaluate" - not "optimize."

I'm having all kinds of problems. Supposedly, I will have a 57 minute wait to see the Outpost in World Showcase. And 123 minute wait to see the Stave Gallery Church. Yeah--Touring Plans is having issues

I was trying to create a new plan. And just like @Poohlovr , it would start to have CRAZY wait times. It seemed like the first few hours made sense and then it said a 527 minute wait on Swiss Family Treehouse lol!!!

I just put together a customized plan for DHS on a random day in August, then moved some things around and did it again. Worked OK for me.

Sometimes it will give you erroneous (e.g., outrageously long) wait times if your plan doesn't fit into the park's hours, or the hours you plan on being in the park, or the operating hours for that attraction. Might it be one of those things?

Not on mine. It's just an evening (EMH) doing the last half of World Showcase. Starting at 5pm, staying till 11pm; starting at Italy and walking to Mexico. No stops, nothing. It had me finishing the next morning at 0931. lol

^That's what I get when I have an error in my plan. For example, if the plan has me arriving at Voices of Liberty after the last show of the day, it starts to give out crazy times. I always look at that as a signal I've got a mistake and need to redo it.

I'm having all kinds of problems. Supposedly, I will have a 57 minute wait to see the Outpost in World Showcase. And 123 minute wait to see the Stave Gallery Church. Yeah--Touring Plans is having issues
:faint: :scared1: :scratchin

Just had to say hello, Sue. :wave: Have a great trip, at the happy place!!!! Say hello to Sideshow if you see him.

And don't wait that long for either of those attractions. :laughing:

Hey, Dan!!
Will do if I see SSB running around. Usually when I go there he's gone somewhere else. Makes me think he avoids me.
About those wait times... I knew it would be busy while we're there, but dang!! :hourglass

^That's what I get when I have an error in my plan. For example, if the plan has me arriving at Voices of Liberty after the last show of the day, it starts to give out crazy times. I always look at that as a signal I've got a mistake and need to redo it.

This may be the problem. I will continue to rework it with less attractions. Thanks for the replies everyone!

If you still have issues, look or post on their forums or email customer support. Sometimes, bugs crop up in a new version of the software that they are not immediately aware of.

I had a few customised plan for this July's summer vacation.
No problem updating them and making last minute changes whilst in the parks via TouringPlans line app. :)

I loved making customizable touring plans last time we went to WDW, but this time the website does not seem capable of customizing plans. Has anyone else found this? I live the Unoffical books and the website, so I'm not sure what the problem with the customizing feature is ....

Thanks for using the site, Jenny, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Post a link to your plan on our forum, or send it to webmaster, please. It might be a software bug, or it could be something as simple as us typo-ing a park opening time. We should be able to figure it out quickly.

Thanks to everyone who re-tried their plans for Jenny, too. I appreciate the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter