Not able to make room reservations Nov 18-19

busymommy2pink

Lost in Neverland
This is according to the website. Do you think this will affect bouncebacks???? I am there for one night, November 18-19 and plan to book the current bouncebacks offer. I will be livid.

This is according to the website. Do you think this will affect bouncebacks???? I am there for one night, November 18-19 and plan to book the current bouncebacks offer. I will be livid.

So, you already have a reservation for 11/18 & 11/19, correct? There being no availability for those dates right now should not impact your ability to make a bounce back offer.

So, you already have a reservation for 11/18 & 11/19, correct? There being no availability for those dates right now should not impact your ability to make a bounce back offer.

I am there that night, yes. But to make a bounce back for May.

You won't have an issue unless the dates you want for May are unavailable. :upsidedow

Even though the website says on those days you can't make future reservations online or on the phone? I am really hoping bouncebacks is a different department.

Even though the website says on those days you can't make future reservations online or on the phone? I am really hoping bouncebacks is a different department.
Huh? Are you saying that if you try to book a trip online for your dates in May it tells you that you can't make future reservations? As in, it's sold out? Seems highly unlikely and probably a glitch. I can't say that I've ever seen it give a message that says you are unable to book online or on the phone. Can you get a screen shot?
No matter what, you can't look at Bounceback availability online and looking to see what you find online will have no bearing on what is available when you call the Bounceback number. All you can do it go on the trip and try. Are you willing for any resort or only a specific one? Any is probably, a specific one, that may be harder.

I saw this too. I wonder if they're just updating their system, doing maintenance, etc...

I would call Disney and make sure you'd be able to book the bounceback offer. I'm sure they'll figure something out...they want your money...:laughing:

Attachments

• 20161117_093434.png
    20161117_093434.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 36

Ah, ok. I have seen them do that before. Good question about how that will impact booking BB. While it's a different number you call, it's all 1 booking system. I can't imagine they'll have it where you loose out on booking BB though. I'd be talking to them as soon as I arrive to find out your options

I think it was in May of this year that we were at BWI and they were having all sorts of computer problems. I tried calling to book a bounceback several times on the last couple days of our trip. The agent just said to keep trying back. Eventually, we had to leave and we still weren't able to book when we got home that night. At that time, the agent said to try again the next day, have my reservation number, and just explain what I wanted to do. They accommodated me -- and I'm sure anyone else caught in that technological rabbit hole. My best guess is that, provided you call the next day and have the ressie that shows you were there when the system was down, they'll let you book.

I saved an extra day at Wilderness in my cart this morning. I'm kind of wondering if it will still be there when everything is back up and working.

Well, I got a notice on a group I am a part of that with the upgrade all of the resort reservation numbers will be changed. We should be able to still use our old numbers, but we should receive an email with the new reservation number after the upgrade.

I am guessing that this means that the BB offers may have to try on a different day.

Well, I got a notice on a group I am a part of that with the upgrade all of the resort reservation numbers will be changed. We should be able to still use our old numbers, but we should receive an email with the new reservation number after the upgrade.

I am guessing that this means that the BB offers may have to try on a different day.
Isn't that going to be grand fun for those in the middle of trips, or starting right then

Both old new reservation numbers will work for a certain extended period for check ins, MDE, etc. ADRs and FPs will not be affected. Disney has told TA's there will be a res look up feature on the TA websites, as well as emails to TAs giving all the updated res information in about a week. Phone CMs will be able to look up both old and new res numbers. All room and package reservations look to be affected and will change.

Since you were there and they can check your current res for the bounce back I would assume they will honor BB when the system is back online. Be sure to call the BB phone number on the first available booking day, normal res will most likely have no clue.

Both old new reservation numbers will work for a certain extended period for check ins, MDE, etc. ADRs and FPs will not be affected. Disney has told TA's there will be a res look up feature on the TA websites, as well as emails to TAs giving all the updated res information in about a week. Phone CMs will be able to look up both old and new res numbers. All room and package reservations look to be affected and will change.

Since you were there and they can check your current res for the bounce back I would assume they will honor BB when the system is back online. Be sure to call the BB phone number on the first available booking day, normal res will most likely have no clue.
I have much less faith in Disney's tech.
I was there in Dec 2012 when they rolled out a new system. Crashed their entire computer system property wide. Couldn't check in, couldn't get our tickets, couldn't use our dining plan credits. Couldn't do anything. They gave all arriving guests a single day non expiring ticket and made you pay for your meals and gave you a refund later, and applied the dining credits. It was awful sitting around till they could assign rooms, well late in the day. I don't foresee that happening again, don't get me wrong. But I can't imagine this will be flawless either.

I certainly agree! Disney tech is in the dark ages. I will be very surprised if the system is reliably up by Monday. My above post was referring on how it's supposed to work once it's really up and running.............who knows when?

To answer the OP's question...

I checked out today. I called the bounceback phone number. They checked with Guest Services. They told me to call back Monday. And for me to politely remind them on Monday to call Guest Services if there are any issues.

??? I tried earlier and could NOT book today. And ur saying it's now working...,
Run, do not walk lol

I Just tried... not to working at all! :(

I am still able to go through all the way to the payment page, but I did not want to book the room and have the deposit go on my credit card, as the billing period closes out today; that would mean the credit for the cancellation, which can take up to five days, would not appear until the following statement.

When accessing the reservation system, I am using the website, not app, and first logging in to my account. I am able to see all rates and availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter