Not 1, Not 2, But 3 AMAZING!! trips

The next morning, that leftover dessert was still yummy. Believe it or not, we were still hungry. We tried Trattoria Al Forno.

Mike and I both had Poached eggs with fennel sausahe, parmesan and tomato gravy served over polenta. The only difference is that my eggs were fully cooked. I am not a runny yolk person. This was a great breakfast. Polenta is so difficult for me to get the texture correct. This was the perfect texture, creamy and delicious.

That night we were supposed to meet Barb at Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner, but had a change of plans. I felt really bad blowing off Barb, but Captain Mark and family wanted us to go to Epcot wroth them. I had not spent time wroth them last trip, so I felt I really should. Just love Mark and family. Plus, he had free passes for us to Epcot. This was supposed to be a no park trip, but how can anyone refuse free entrance to Epcot PLUS priority seating for Illuminations! Certainly not me.

When we were here on the last trip, Mike wanted lech on from Puerto Rico. Every time, I was rushing off and said we can get it later. Now, that was the first place we headed.

Unfortunately, this was not what he expected. It was just plain, pretty bland pulled pork. Mike is from the Philippines, where lech on is like the national dish. Every party has a suckling piggy as the centerpiece of the banquet table. Every restaurant has lech on kiwali, which is the pork with the skin on, cut into square pieces then deep fried, making the skin super crunchy. He was expecting to get at least a but of roasted skin with his lech on here. nope. Just plain pulled pork.

We decided to have dinner at a new place for us that Cap Mark likes, La Cantina de San Angel. Mike was a bit hesitant, but figured he could always get some Tangerine Cafe if he didn't like it. He is very picky about Mexican food, as we live in an area that has a large Hispanic population and great Mexican restaurants.

We were BOTH suprised at how good this was. We shared a huge plate of fish tacos. Very fresh fish with great spiciness. Look at how full those tacos are. I think Mrs. Captain and little Captain shared some beef tacos. The Cap himself got a huge plate of nachos. My pics are dark, so you can't really tell how humongous this page late . He couldn't finish, so we helped. They were so good.

Mike is a Cantina convert. Thanks Captain Mark. We loved this place we would never have been to.

Next we went to Karamel Kuche. I got a dark chocolate sea salt caramel, and Cap got a blood orange chocolate sea salt caramel. I was a bit disappointed this time. They seemed a bit stale.

Finally, we found our special seating for Illuminations. This was wonderful. I also finally found something I have been looking for. The Limoncello Margarita. I am in love! !!! This was perfect! Limoncello, tequila, slushy. Now that I finally found them, this will be the first of many.

This was our last evening of the trip. Can't think of a better way to end it. Great food. Great drinks and even greater friends.

I had been wanting the chocolate covered strawberry cupcake forever. I finally decided I just had to have it when we went to get breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery. We also got an apple Danish and breakfast sandwich. Everything was good, but the cupcake was excellent. Why haven't I eaten this before? I will certainly eat this again.

Sorry my bucket is messing up again. I am sure you can figure out what goes where.

Wow, what an amazing experience the Swolphin Classic was. I so have to get there one of these days. And I'd say for a $100 it seems like a relative steal.

Great photo with Todd English. Love him too. We've only done Bluezoo once (aka pre kid) but we love his restaurant Olives in Vegas. They have hands down the best carpaccio I've ever had. I credit and loath him for making me hate every other version besides his. It's perfection

I finally will finish a dining report. I saved one of the best for last, Morimoto Asia. The restaurant was beautiful. Here is a picture of a beautiful chandelier.

We were killing time till the Tragica Express picked us up, so one last drinky - poo was in order. We ordered a pitcher of sake Sangria. This was AMAZING!!!! I have to admit this is one of the best $25 I have ever spent in WDW. We got 4 full glasses out of this. And it was tasty. The day was hot, and this was perfectly refreshing. It was not too sweet, which was perfect.
Mike got the Bento Box, Miso soup, salad, California roll and hours choice of entree was Braised black cod. He also got a dumpling and kimchi. He said everything was very good.

I had the totally wonderful Duck Ramen. Yummy, yummy, yummy. Fresh made egg noodles. The dock is actually the same perking duck you pay $48 for at night. it also include a boiled egg, scallions and carrots. This was so good, the duck was tender and flavorful. The skin was rendered, but softened a bit because of the broth. This was wonderful.

We can't wait to go back.

Thanks for following along on my 3 wonderful trips.

Looks like you went out on a great food note. Can't wait to try Morimoto's one of these days. Definitely need to try some sake sangria. Yum!

Looks like you went out on a great food note. Can't wait to try Morimoto's one of these days. Definitely need to try some sake sangria. Yum!

That sale Sangria is one of the best buys I have ever made at Disney. Morimoto Asia is fantastic. Many dishes are reasonably priced too. This is a must do.

Your final meal sounds delicious. Thanks for your reports :goodvibes

The final meal was one of the best. Thanks for following along.

Only 202 more days until I arrive at Boardwalk! Till next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter