Nory Report III: In the Third Person! After 3 Years, the Final Update! NEW 2/6

A star? How entirely intriguing!!

Constructionland! :lmao: How apt! I admit, it was sorta a downer for me too. I'm sure it means great things to come, but while it was up for me too, it did detract.

yep, the thighs always love a trip to Disney. Of course, Lapus more than make up for it in the end. :rotfl2:

We just expect more from Disney than a plain blue wall with the occasional ad on it!

I'd like to think that the walking at Disney outweighs the drinks and the food and the snacks. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it! :rotfl:

i-HQ4Lsjh-L.jpg

i-fcv8hd6-L.jpg

Ooooh I spy a hidden Mickey!!

I agree, construction walls bum me out too. Future enjoyment...but I want to enjoy now too! The construction going on in the MK lately has been a bit too prevalent, I think.

Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of TSI. I haven't been over there since I was a little kid and seeing your photos reminded me of it. We are definitely going to have to take Max there in July, something I wouldn't have planned on doing had I not read your report. :goodvibes

Your TSI update was absolutely adorable! It's not a place my family & I explore all too often in the park but your pictures make it look so stunning - it's definitely a must now for the next trip.

Can't wait to find out some more about your ideas for your children's book, it sounds so neat! I'm eager to read it myself. :rotfl:

Wow Nory, your pictures really came out fabulous! These were with your new camera, yes?

I love love love the star idea. Sounds completely intriguing and perfect for Disney World.:thumbsup2

Ya, the construction walls sure ain't purty, are they? They were a tad distracting on our trip too but I just keep chanting to myself...a more gorgeous Fantasy Land, a more gorgeous Fantasy Land...

I hope Nory's lunch at LTT was stellar! Get it, "stellar"?;)

Oh, I agree with Stringbean...I see a hidden Mickey too!!:yay:

What was this lady doing, exactly? She looks like one of Santa's elves, working away at Christmas toys.

I thought exactly the same thing so am intrigued to find out!

I hope they do think of the idea of covering the construction walls with murals as it does look horrible.

I'm also intrigued by what that lady was doing... Looks really strange.

And I agree that the construction walls in "constructionland" are very intrusive. It really takes away from the experience.

Really loving your pictures. They're making me SOOOOO excited! I hope I can get mine 1/2 as good as yours!

Ooooh I spy a hidden Mickey!!

I agree, construction walls bum me out too. Future enjoyment...but I want to enjoy now too! The construction going on in the MK lately has been a bit too prevalent, I think.
I hadn't noticed that Hidden Mickey! Good, eyes, Stringbean!

Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of TSI. I haven't been over there since I was a little kid and seeing your photos reminded me of it. We are definitely going to have to take Max there in July, something I wouldn't have planned on doing had I not read your report. :goodvibes
That makes me feel so good, knowing that you'll head over there because of my TR! It really is a special little spot. Though maybe it's a good thing that not too many people venture over there...it'd lose it's appeal if it got too crowded!

Your TSI update was absolutely adorable! It's not a place my family & I explore all too often in the park but your pictures make it look so stunning - it's definitely a must now for the next trip.

Can't wait to find out some more about your ideas for your children's book, it sounds so neat! I'm eager to read it myself. :rotfl:
Thanks, PrincessEeyore! And don't worry, there will be the occasional book teasers throughout this entire TR! :goodvibes

Wow Nory, your pictures really came out fabulous! These were with your new camera, yes?

I love love love the star idea. Sounds completely intriguing and perfect for Disney World.:thumbsup2

Ya, the construction walls sure ain't purty, are they? They were a tad distracting on our trip too but I just keep chanting to myself...a more gorgeous Fantasy Land, a more gorgeous Fantasy Land...

I hope Nory's lunch at LTT was stellar! Get it, "stellar"?;)

Oh, I agree with Stringbean...I see a hidden Mickey too!!:yay:
Actually, these pics were with my old camera! I can't wait to take the new one on a solo trip, so I can really try it out. I got lots of practice with it in the World this month, but with my family there, I couldn't really take the time to play around with it quite as much as I would've liked!

I'm glad you like the star idea!

What was this lady doing, exactly? She looks like one of Santa's elves, working away at Christmas toys.
She was painting something on Christmas ornaments. So your Santa's elf guess isn't too far off!

I hope they do think of the idea of covering the construction walls with murals as it does look horrible.
It really is sad. Pretty much takes away the whole Fantasyland vibe.

I'm also intrigued by what that lady was doing... Looks really strange.

And I agree that the construction walls in "constructionland" are very intrusive. It really takes away from the experience.

Really loving your pictures. They're making me SOOOOO excited! I hope I can get mine 1/2 as good as yours!
You're going to have so much fun with that camera!

Clearskies was hopelessly buried in work and got way too far behind in keeping up in the Trip Reports he had been reading. This problem compounded itself as the more he waited to catch up the further he got behind until he was reaching a point at which he was on the verge of throwing up his arms up to cry Uncle. However, he knew that he just had to find a way to claw a hole out of his mountain of work to find some way to catch up with Nory's latest TR. So, clearskies squeezed some precious time out of his day to make his way over to read about Nory's latest adventures. He was so glad he did. Clearskies admired the outstanding pictures Nory had posted of the Magic Kingdom. She did a lovely job capturing beauty of the park. He also loved the detailed descriptions of the Tom Sawyer Island. As he read through the report of this area, it brought back wonderful memories to him. There was a time when clearskies had completely ignored TSI. Why waste time over there? There are no rides there. His park time was too precious to tear his family away from the "real" attractions to cross over to this island. On one trip though he decided that the family would finally make their way over and give it a look just so he could cross it off his list. So he grabbed some lunches "to go" from Columbia Harbor house and he and his family took them on the raft across the Rivers of America to the Island. They found a relaxing spot next to the water and they had a glorious picnic lunch away from the hectic fray of the rest of the park. As they munched on their mouth watering meal from the Harbor House the family was able to relax for a spell and decompress from the overdrive mode of their assault on the park. Even though it was a hot day, the shaded spot next to the water was a cool refreshing escape where they could sit and eat in peace and enjoy each others company. After they finished their lunch they explored the rest of the island and the family gained a new appreciation to this area that they previously thought would be a waste of their time. As clearskies read through Nory's descriptions he was brought back there once again and he was able to mentally escape to the island. There he was again exploring the Mystery Mine and Injun Joe's Cave with his family, laughing on the barrel bridge, admiring the water wheel and slowing down to enjoy the numerous nuances of the island. Ah, what great memories. Clearskies was very grateful to Nory for providing him a temporary diversion from the real world. As was the case with Tom Sawyer's Island, it was well worth clearskies' precious time to read Nory's report.

Clearskies was hopelessly buried in work and got way too far behind in keeping up in the Trip Reports he had been reading. This problem compounded itself as the more he waited to catch up the further he got behind until he was reaching a point at which he was on the verge of throwing up his arms up to cry Uncle. However, he knew that he just had to find a way to claw a hole out of his mountain of work to find some way to catch up with Nory's latest TR. So, clearskies squeezed some precious time out of his day to make his way over to read about Nory's latest adventures. He was so glad he did. Clearskies admired the outstanding pictures Nory had posted of the Magic Kingdom. She did a lovely job capturing beauty of the park. He also loved the detailed descriptions of the Tom Sawyer Island. As he read through the report of this area, it brought back wonderful memories to him. There was a time when clearskies had completely ignored TSI. Why waste time over there? There are no rides there. His park time was too precious to tear his family away from the "real" attractions to cross over to this island. On one trip though he decided that the family would finally make their way over and give it a look just so he could cross it off his list. So he grabbed some lunches "to go" from Columbia Harbor house and he and his family took them on the raft across the Rivers of America to the Island. They found a relaxing spot next to the water and they had a glorious picnic lunch away from the hectic fray of the rest of the park. As they munched on their mouth watering meal from the Harbor House the family was able to relax for a spell and decompress from the overdrive mode of their assault on the park. Even though it was a hot day, the shaded spot next to the water was a cool refreshing escape where they could sit and eat in peace and enjoy each others company. After they finished their lunch they explored the rest of the island and the family gained a new appreciation to this area that they previously thought would be a waste of their time. As clearskies read through Nory's descriptions he was brought back there once again and he was able to mentally escape to the island. There he was again exploring the Mystery Mine and Injun Joe's Cave with his family, laughing on the barrel bridge, admiring the water wheel and slowing down to enjoy the numerous nuances of the island. Ah, what great memories. Clearskies was very grateful to Nory for providing him a temporary diversion from the real world. As was the case with Tom Sawyer's Island, it was well worth clearskies' precious time to read Nory's report.

Aw, thanks, clearskies! And what a good idea...to bring lunch over to TSI...I think I might do that next time.

No, I'm not pregnant. My real-life update's not that exciting. :goodvibes

And no, I haven't miraculously finished the novel in record speed, either. :rotfl:

But I have gotten a new job. I'm still at the same bookstore I was at before, but now, instead of being a regular ol' bookseller who also does the store's graphic design, I'm in charge of creating a whole self-publishing program.

Pretty much from scratch, as the guy who's been handling it since it started a few months ago...much as I love him...bungled things pretty spectacularly.

I'm really excited about it all. It's a great opportunity, a fun challenge, and a perfect way for me to draw upon all the years I spent in publishing. And once I can get us all caught up, I'll be back down to working four days a week (I negotiated four days a week! with three weeks vacation!).

Of course, until then I'm working about six days a week. :rolleyes: Dealing with a constant stream of disgruntled customers, confused employees, unread email from months back, etc. I feel like people are throwing stuff at me all day, and while I'm managing to catch it all (so far), it sure leaves me exhausted by the end of it! So less time for DISing, lately. But things should calm down within a month, I'd say.

And before 3prettyprincesses starts saying, That Nory, here she goes disappearing again..., I'll say: Nope! I'm still ready for an actual update this weekend! (cuz remember, it's all written already!) I just felt like sharing my news with all of my DIS-friends! :hug:

Congrats Nory on the new job!:goodvibes And yes, that thought *might* have gone through my head about your updating due to your new work hours...:rolleyes1 Just kidding!

It sounds fabulous, well apart from the disgruntled people of course;). And three weeks vacay too? Well, that's a lot of Disney trips right there sister! I'm sure you'll do a great job, especially since you have the background for it. Good for you:thumbsup2! Now go tell Boba Fett to take you out for dinner to celebrate!:goodvibes

Congratulations, Nory! It sounds very interesting and it also sounds as if they should have given it to you in the first place. ;)

Joining up right now! :) I love reading solo TRs, they always sound like a ton of fun, nobody else to worry about just yourself. They also are very different experiences so its good to read about how the experience goes. I love all your photographs, especially the ones of the castle. What type of camera do you use? I also like how you write this like a story and it's in third person, very cool. Can't wait to read about your dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern and other adventures! :goodvibes Update soon! :mickeyjum

That's awesome, Nory! I do hope things settle down, and that you don't get too overwhelmed meantime. 3 weeks vacay sounds awesome!! Lots of Disney time in there!

Congratulations on your new position Nory! It sounds like it's a wonderful opportunity! And as it has been pointed out, 3 weeks is certainly ample time for a Disney trip...or a few of them...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter