Norwegian airlines

Soozeej

Mouseketeer
Starting to price flights for next summer, last time we flew BA, some of the airlines are not yet showing my return date but so far Norwegian Airlines are around £1000 cheaper than others, anyone any experience of this airline? Also I've even people mention the virgin flight sale in January, do anyone know if summer dates are likely to be in this sale too or is that a rarity? Looking for first 3 weeks in July. Many thanks

I flew with Norwegian Airlines a couple of months ago, now it wasn't long-haul it was two european flights but I was very impressed with them. Their planes are lovely and comfortable, staff were very good and they even offered free wifi!!

So if they work out cheaper I would definitely consider them! Just think of the money you will save which could be put towards Disney! :)

Have you checked if Norwegian rates include baggage?
Lunch and drinks on board and baggage are paid as extras.
I use them a few time a year to fly to and from Rome and I agree that they have very modern planes and a good service. however they don't have the same fleet as other operators and if anything happens to your plane, you may be stuck for a long time. It happened to me once on a flight from Rome to London and it was delayed 12 hours. I've read on this forum that people coming back from Orlando were delayed for a couple of days before a plan was available to go and pick them.

I've flown long-haul with them (New York) and short haul (Madrid) both times were great. I'd watch out for add-ons though, as checked baggage and in-flight meals are really expensive.

Of course you don't have to take those, I took pasta and hand baggage only to New York and it was perfectly fine.

The planes themselves are nice, the Dreamliner is definitely on par with say BA.

If it's that much cheaper then go for it!

Thanks everybody, lots of interesting points, I did notice it was more for meals but I didn't notice about baggage so I'll check that!

Sorry -- I started another thread before I saw this one. I am also looking into possibly booking them for next year. Their prices are unbeatable for one-way -- Newark to Barcelona non-stop for $327/pp. If we fly late, we can eat ahead of time as I wouldn't want to eat that late onboard; we can buy a bottle of water each in the airport and if it is direct, we don't have to worry about changing. They are offering a 50% discount if you book your luggage online (hope that is still available next year). I've read mixed reviews about delays, but lots of good reviews about the planes themselves and crew. They also got a high safety rating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter