Norway's School Bread

:rolleyes: Mmmmm now I can't wait to try the school bread!

I never would have thought to check it out, Thanks Everyone! :grouphug:
I love coconut!

:woohoo:

I just wish you could get them for breakfast when entering the park. We are always so full once we start eating lunch, and well then there is dinner. We usually try to eat them once on a two week trip. Although, this past August I don't think we got to eat them.

They are so yummy!

I agree. On this trip it happened that DW and I had only a little for breakfast back at our room so when we were walking by Norway just before lunch we decided to have another late breakfast instead of lunch and we had read so many good things about school bread on this site. We're glad we did. :goodvibes

Out of all the times I've been to Epcot, I never tried school bread until a few months ago and I'm so sad I waited so long! Sooooo tasty!

I am so glad you liked the School Bread. We have had it many times. We also love the Rice Creme, we have to have some on every trip.

I agree. On this trip it happened that DW and I had only a little for breakfast back at our room so when we were walking by Norway just before lunch we decided to have another late breakfast instead of lunch and we had read so many good things about school bread on this site. We're glad we did. :goodvibes

:rotfl2:
dialogue from the movie version of "Fellowship of the Ring", seems relevant here:

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Oh, its the best! It's like coconut custard pie in a very large donut. I was too full while we were in the park last time, but they packaged it up for me to eat later! :thumbsup2

What a great snack on the DDP!

So is the coconut only on the top? It's not in the creamy filling part? Would I be able to scrape off the coconut?

We've got pictures of my ds's eating schoolbread and all you can see is eyes and coconut. Their precious!:rotfl2:

School Bread

348%3B9%3C%3B89%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2327%3D64%3A%3D%3C%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E2323762663656ot1lsi

MMMMM...

Well, you COULD avoid the coconut, perhaps, by eating it upside down???

Then, give the bottom (top) to someone you really love!

Seriously, I think that the coconut is embedded in a frosting-type thing so it is really stuck on there....not just sprinkled.

Confession time....we deliberately try not to make any reservations at EPCOT so that we can get different things, share (so we have room), and "Eat Around the World." Our usual goal is to have a "Moveable Feast" and get something at each world.

Recommendations:

France--anything at the French pastry shop, but especially the Napoleons, the ham and cheese quiche, & the eclairs.
Morocco--the baklava is wonderful (you have to go to the back of the shop and the different baklava is there in a case).
America--funnel cakes
Norway--Schoolbread, of course
Japan--Kaki Gori (sp?)
Mexico--churros
UK--potato and leek soup

I can't think of anything at China, Italy, Germany, or Canada. Does anyone have suggestions?

I just wish you could get them for breakfast when entering the park. We are always so full once we start eating lunch, and well then there is dinner. They are so yummy!

I have the same problem, it would be a great breakfast item and it's a snack option on the DDP!:idea:

Another schoolbread fan here! After reading about it on the DIS, I tried to get to the bakery in Norway before it closed on a Sat. night in Dec. 2004. I made it in time, but imagine my disappointment when they were OUT of schoolbread! I did have one the next day, plus one "to go" a few days later - and I loved it! The bread isn't too sweet, which I like - just a hint of spice (cardamom, I think). And I LOVE the cream filling and the coconut glaze on top!

ok, so I haven't tried the schoolbread yet, and I know this is an old thread.... but can I just say I am soooooo excited to try it in December? It's like the number one thing on my to do list at Epcot! (that and ride soarin').

I love cream/pudding/vanilla/coconut type flavors and sweet rolls.... so this is right up my alley!

can't wait! :banana:

Thank you, Luna, for bringing back this thread! We tried the school bread on our honeymoon and it was fantastic. I would suggest that you plan to share it with someone you love. It's a big snack - a very good deal, price-wise.

Never heard of it. Can you get it outside the reastaurants??

Yes. It's sold at the bakery in Norway.

So is the coconut only on the top? It's not in the creamy filling part? Would I be able to scrape off the coconut?

The coconut is on the top with the icing. If you took all the icing off and just ate the bread itself with the custard inside, I belive you would avoid the coconut. But I would suggest giving it a try as is even if you don't like coconut. You might like it in this snack.

The bread isn't too sweet, which I like - just a hint of spice (cardamom, I think).

This is what I loved about it. It wasn't overly sweet like a donut.

How about for those of us who like coconut flavor but HATE the texture. I am generally not a texture aversion person - but I avoid coconut like the plague. Even German Chocolate Cake Frosting.

From what I've heard ... this bakery has LOTS of other things for you non-coconut people.

I, too, missed out on schoolbread on my first two trips and I am determined to have one next time we make it "home." DH has been treated to pictures of it ... etc.... because I definately want to share it and I don't want him distracted by other yummy treats. :rotfl: I'm trying to spare my waistline some!!

I keep saying - no dessert at lunch in Epcot - I want SCHOOLBREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Just don't tell Weight Watchers on me ... :)

This is on the 'must-try' list for our next trip. When I first saw a picture, I thought that was BUTTER inside!! :scared: That'd be rather sickening.. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter