Norway Restaurant ending buffet?

missy28

<font color=purple>unnaturly obsessed with all thi
I read over in trip reports that Akershus is ending its buffet format and going to a menu format. Is this true? I hope not-- I love the buffet!!

I sure hope not. Rarely does one of our WDW trips not include Akershus. We probably have 10-15 meals there a year. True, some folks balk at the offerings. But, limiting them to just one entree selection would seem to make that problem even bigger. The Norwegian selection is far from pedestrian and requires folks to try a little of everything to find somethings that they like. With a menu, the diner gambles on a single item. Sure "Sur Slid" may look good on the menu, but what if you hate it? You can't just dump it and try something else.

I believe they were ending the "Princess" theme (no more Disney princesses parading around the buffet), but not changing the buffet style itself. Can someone confirm?

My husband and I discussed this with the manager just last week.

1. Akershus is NOT becoming Yea OldeNorwegian Steak House.1
2 The Princess Breakfast - The kids love it! They love it! No changes.

3. Lunce & Dinner - If there are changes (March 17 at the very soonest) it will be expanding the cold dishes to cover the entire buffet. The hot dishes would be brought to the table by the servers. It would still be "all you want". He didn't say if there would be more hot or cold items.

MikePezz, the Princess theme is only for breakfast and is a very recent addition (until 4 or 5 months ago Akershus only served lunch and dinner). I understand that it is a huge success and has helped satisfy the problem with the difficulty of booking Cinderella's breakfast. I'd be quite suprised if it were dumped.

But, I wouldn't be suprised if the breakfast was changed to the preplated format used in the Castle. Perhaps that's the rumor.

Vike, I thought you'd have a take on this since it's Viking food that they serve. :)

Anyhow, the only thing open before 11am in WS is the Princess Fairytale Breakfast at Akershus. I think it started in November.

Hey, I where my genuine plastic Viking helmet with matching goldie locks all the time at WDW ! Just not to breakfast.

We where there in Nov and Dec, never knew about the Norway breakfast. Apparently it's pretty popular, wonder when the other countries will want to have one ?

Hmmmm....

One wonders if this is going to be the only character meal canceled or if there will be other major changes coming to the reataurants.

... Why are you thinking it is or will be canceled. Judysue & Gcurly seem to have info to the contrary.

We were staying at the Beach Club Villas the first week of October and they had the Norway princess breakfast then.

We would be waiting at International Gateway to enter Epcot. The only people who could get in before opening were those on the list with a reservation for the Norway princess breakfast - we witnessed this several mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter