"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Thank you for the trip report! I can't imagine the work that these take....I enjoyed hearing all about your fun trip....

Love all your souvenirs...I like where you keep you Mickey hats! we said next trip we would definitely be getting some...I will have to copy your idea of where to put them!

Ah YEAH for FIRST CLASS!! :banana:

They DO take a ton of work but they're so worth it and so fun! :) Thank you, we love the souvies, too! It's a fun thing to have the hats on display every day.

First class was so nice! :goodvibes

Okay, how annoying are those people? Ugh. Why couldn't they just get off the dang bus? Especially if they were on the wrong one without part of their group. Stop causing trouble and just get off the bus... goodness. :headache:

OMG I can't even begin to describe how obnoxious they were. They held up our bus... the bus they weren't even supposed to be on! :headache:

HOORAY FOR FIRST CLASS THOUGH! But boo... being home and no longer in Disney. I mean, we all know when we leave that we'll be back SOMEDAY. But when you're not exactly sure when that will be (as has always been the case for me when I'm leaving) it's extra sad.

First class was super nice. But yeah, it was kind of sad coming home.. BUT WE'LL BE BACK! :) :)

Yall got some wonderful souvenirs! I'm jealous of the attraction posters. That's a really cool idea, I must say. I can't remember if you mentioned it but did they happen to have a Splash Mountain one? I love the pins, they're definitely my new obsession and I came SO CLOSE to buying the Ellie Badge one, but never did. :sad2:

The posters look awesome! UGH don't even get me started buuuut they didn't have the Splash one. :( I was so sad because that's my favorite in MK! So I had to settle with Pirates, which is still cool, but not Splash!

Pins are super fun to trade, love it! I think Vinylmation might be my next obsession because I can decorate my desk at work with them!

Wow, can't believe you're done with this (besides the wrap up)! I hope you'll still be around the Dis a lot though!

I know! It's insane, and of course I'll still be here! I need to keep following your trip, AND I will have a PTR! (My next update has a link to it!)

That would be such a waste of points! Hopefully you guys can hurry up and figure something out soon! Glad everything turned out okay.

I agree to the Nth degree. It'll be okay, we're going no matter what! :)

I can't wait to get the baby text within the next year or so. ;)

Hahaha, you betcha!

Please secretly record Matt. That would make my day!

Hahaha I will try my best!

Sorry I'm in a hurry right now! We can catch up later. :) I have a few minutes to read the update and I am so excited! I couldn't wait any longer. :rotfl:

Hahaha noooo problem, I have been so busy, too, so I'm trying to whip through these comments so I can post a final wrap-up!

Alright if it's dark while you're waiting for the ME in the morning it is TOO EARLY!!
I would not have been happy with those people delaying things.. I'm not a happy camper in general that early.

Yeah it was grossly early. :( And I wanted to slap those people! I think it was in part to being up so early, but ugh.

I'm sad I've never gotten to see the videos they play on the ME, or even ride it for that matter. Oh well, maybe one day it'll be cheaper to fly! :laughing:

Haha, you should fly just so you can ride the ME! :rotfl:

The mini-monorail! Not as exciting as the real thing though. I am so jealous that Seattle has a monorail! I really think I want to visit there someday. It seems so nice. Starbucks is so nice after drinking Disney "coffee" all week.

Um, can you please come visit me?! That would be awesome! Haha. No seriously!

What an awesome way to fly! That companion airfare deal is awesome! I love The Goonies, and that was a perfect way to enjoy the Dis. That food looks tasty too!

It was great! And the experience as a whole was way better than the red-eye we took!

Yuck, what a way to arrive home. Rain is no fun when you're getting back from vacation. I'm glad that tree didn't damage the pool! I'm glad Milo loves that Mickey as much as I love mine. Your hats are adorable, and I love that you display them!

UGH no it was not fun. Milo loves his Mickey, though his little Lamb he's had forever is still his favorite!

I love all the souvenirs that you two picked up along the way. You have the same taste as me, which is excellent. :rotfl:

Hahaha I knew you'd enjoy them!

I'm so sad this TR is almost completely done. It was my last connection to our trip. :sad1:

I know, it's a bummer. :(

Awesome souvenirs! It's nice having a little Disney throughout the house to remind you of your happy place. Or at least that's my excuse for each new purchase ;)

I love having Disney throughout the house! It makes me happy. Most of it is upstairs in our bedroom/in the landing area.. It's a GREAT excuse for new purchases! :thumbsup2

I'm going to miss your tr!

I am, too, but thank you for reading it! :)

I'm sorry to see your TR coming to an end!!! :(

Your airline food really didn't look too bad! I was pretty impressed to see asparagus there!

That massive branch in your pool doesn't exactly look like the most inviting welcome back! But at least you had lots of fun souvenirs to play with! I especially love your attraction posters! :thumbsup2

It's okay, I'm just glad I stuck with it and finished it! It was such a fun trip. But yeah, the good on the plane was actually pretty tasty! They really do a good job in First! That branch was not ideal to come home to, but the souvies were definitely delightful!

I can't believe it is almost over! Makes me so sad :( :sad1:

I know. :( But at least there'll be another one next year! :banana:

Ahh so sad to see you go. This has been such a great TR. You and Matt seem like such a great couple and I loved living vicariously through you guys. So thrilled for you that you have another trip coming up!!

Also, where did you get the Disney food magnets? I've never seen them before, but they're adorable! They need to add a dole whip and a turkey leg!

Thanks so much! We really loved it and cannot wait to go back! We try to be total dorks and have fun, because that's how we roll! :cool2: Those magnets were at MouseGears and they're AWESOME! I wish they had a dole whip and turkey leg magnet, that would rule!

What an amazing report!!!! I'm so glad I found it--it's definitley been one of the best reports I've ever read!!

Thank you so much! That's pretty huge considering how many TRs there are! So thank you for the compliment!

I loved seeing all the pics of the souvies--you got some good stuff. And I mean to comment on the coloring book back when you originally posted it--I love that you love to color cause I do too!! I agree that it's definitely a good way to relieve some stress!!

Haha yay for coloring books! Glad I'm not alone on this! :goodvibes

I'm excited to hear about your future plans!!

I'm excited to post a link to my PTR!!

Thanks for taking the time to share such a fun and wonderful trip with us!

And thank you for reading it! I really appreciate it! :)

wow I can't believe your report is all but finished. I really enjoyed following it. The plane food on way home looked good!
I wish you happiness in your new job and look forward to your PTR - are you gonna put a link here for it?:rolleyes1

I know, it's a bummer! But yes, the food was great! Thanks for the well wishes, and yes, I'll have a link at the end of my final thoughts! :goodvibes

I was SO HAPPY I found your TR as it was AWESOME!

I tend to mostly be reading TR's from the time period I want to go this year but I am running out so moving onto more!

I LOVE all your souvenirs! I just started PIN collecting. I don't tend to buy many new ones though just trade the ones I have! My problem is I HATE lanyards!! I also love all the T-SHIRTS! And the MAGNETS ARE AWESOME!

Please post the link to your PTR when you get it going!!

Thank you! I'm glad you found it, too! Hopefully you can find more awesome TRs to read!! And yes, the pins are fun. I'm thinking of doing Vinylmation, too, just because I can put them on my desk at work! I will be posting a link to my PTR here quite soon! :thumbsup2

Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I ended up spending over 2 hours at the DMV trying to get a new Enhanced License! It was such a darn pain! Between that and all of my other errands, I didn't get home til late. BUT! I'm here today with my final thoughts, so I hope you enjoy! :goodvibes

Final thoughts

Okay guys, so I'm just going to say it... I'm super bummed out this TR is over! I had such a blast writing it, and I'm glad that for my first TR ever, so many of you stuck with me and read every single post!

This trip was amazing. If you couldn't tell, Matt and I had a total blast and loved almost every second of it. I was so happy we got to see and do so many new things that I'd never experienced before... and I mean, when you see this list, you'll be amazed that I'd even BEEN to Disney World before! So with that, I'll leave a photo of each experience with a mini recap of my thoughts on it.

Things that I got to experience for the first time ever on this trip include:

Attractions/Parades, etc.:

Splash Mountain - My new favorite attraction in Magic Kingdom, 2nd overall favorite. We were able to ride it 10 times, and even though we did get stuck for 50 minutes, I still absolutely love it!
63be389b.jpg

Snow White's Scary Adventure - Definitely a classic, glad we rode it before they take it out of the park... but wow, it's a pretty dark attraction, haha. No photos for this though!

Winnie the Pooh - Cutest attraction in the parks, hands down. We adored this!
13d1f20d.jpg

Test Track - Way more fun than I thought it would be, and REALLY enjoyed this one at night!
aa9cf8d6.jpg

Soarin' - This one surprised me in that I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It's something I'll ride once each trip and be content with that!
e0f57035.jpg

Star Tours - AMAZING! I loved this so much, and REALLY enjoyed being the Rebel Spy!
37e79f90.jpg

Tower of Terror - Nearly died on our first trip on it, enjoyed it a bit more the next time we rode it... but I loved it, in some sick and twisted kind of way!
47c273e8.jpg

Maharajah Trek - Loved this and we're glad we did it! We'll definitely do it again. The bats and tigers are awesome.
68cecd3b.jpg

Living with the Land - Enjoyed this way more than I expected to. Nice to relax on and really fascinating!
635cd27a.jpg

Philharmagic - This was really really cute! Not as great as the Muppets, but I loved it, especially the ending!
ebe5838f.jpg

Gran Fiesta Tour - Definitely pretty darn cute and a fun little boat ride indeed!
106a3982.jpg

Electric Light Parade - Loved this so much, and will never forget Mickey's interaction with me during it! Such good memories!
b5d7c89b.jpg

Pick-a-Pearl (Japan) - Loved this and will probably do it again next trip!
8d2d1770.jpg

Resorts:

Beach Club/Stormalong Bay - AMAZING. It felt like our home away from home, and we hope to return here! Can't say enough wonderful things about Beach Club and Stormalong Bay!
a1197fa3.jpg

680f6a4d.jpg

Walking around the BoardWalk - Loved this and we will definitely return during an evening for some snacks and strolling around the Boardwalk. I LOVE this area as a whole, around Crescent Lake. It's beautiful.
c027d8cc.jpg

Final thoughts CONTINUED

Notable new restaurants:

Beaches and Cream - LOVED IT! Can't wait to come back here for both the food and the ice cream!
da859046.jpg

Ghirardelli - BEST ICE CREAM EVER! So good and we will deeeefinitely return here next trip!
1e4f2b79.jpg

Earl of Sandwich - Heaven in sandwich form. I may have to travel to NYC for my new job and there's an EoS there. I WILL HUNT IT DOWN AND EAT THERE!
2922b0ac.jpg

San Angel Inn - Surprised us by being remarkably good! I'd heard mixed things about it, but we loved it and loved that we were seated so close to the volcano inside of the Mexico pavilion!
672e4cf8.jpg

Cape May - We ate here 3 times during this trip. First dinner and last breakfast were excellent! Middle dinner, not so much, but based on the other 2 experiences we will definitely be back here again!
f09bfd0d.jpg

Les Chefs de France - Best overall dining experience for us. Between Remy and the meal itself, plus the service, you can't go wrong with this!
5ae3adfa.jpg

Notable Snacks:

Red Velvet Cupcake (Starring Rolls) - BEST CUPCAKE IN DISNEY WORLD, hands down. Seriously, go eat it now.
7f9b220f.jpg

S'more Cupcake (Boardwalk Bakery) - Very tasty cupcake, I would eat it again! But it is huge, so be warned!
08a42df8.jpg

Chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich (Beaches and Cream) - YUM! Perfect size for an ice cream sandwich, and conveniently located at Beaches and Cream!
a59a4d27.jpg

Dole Whip (Aloha Isle) - Surprised by this because it was even better than I expected! I am aiming to try the float next trip!
dbcbf3a3.jpg

Carrot cake cookie (Writer's Stop) - Tucked away on Commissary Lane, you should make every effort to eat this cookie. It really is that good.
9d5ca88d.jpg

Chewy caramel Bar (Karamel Kuche) - SUPER good. I'd read about this on the DIS, and am glad I did! It's very very rich but very tasty!
55213de2.jpg

School bread (Kringla Bakeri og Cafe) - I think it's my favorite snack in the parks. Loved this and wish I could have it at home on the weekends! If you're thinking about trying it, go for it!
07ee42ad.jpg

Cinnamon roasted pecans (Boardwalk) - THESE WERE AMAZING! And they lasted forever. So warm and so tasty, they're not too hard either!
91dfdfab.jpg

Holy frijole, we tried a LOT of new stuff! And I absolutely adored it all. AND! I can't forget that I had my first DISmeet ever with Rachel. It was so much fun and I'm so happy I got to meet such a good friend!

My favorite part of the trip was doing it all with my best friend and favorite person in the world, Matt. I feel so lucky and fortunate to be married to someone who loves Disney so much and makes it a magical experience every time we go. I look forward to spending many more trips with him in Disney World, with our friends, and hopefully one day our future children. :)

Okay, speaking of the future! So as I previously announced, we have another trip planned for next January! It'll actually go a little into early February (we're making every effort to avoid MLK weekend, so this is just how it is next year). It'll be a bit different this time because we will have two friends with us! I've never been to Disney with anyone but Matt now that I'm older, so it'll be a very interesting and fun trip I think! So that being said, I've started the PTR for that trip (you'll find a link below!)

Because it's 9 months out, I won't update it too much unless something major is happening in terms of planning, but as things start to pick up in terms of planning, I'll update more often..

I would absolutely love it if any of you decided to keep in touch with me over there! Sometimes my updates are planning-related, sometimes they're just about my life in general (and I usually try to tie in SOMETHING Disney-related to updates, but sometimes it's just about random stuff!). If PTRs aren't your thing, well then don't worry because I will of course do another TR after the next trip, and I hope to see you then, commenting on our next trip!

Again, I thank you guys for following this TR and hope you enjoyed it! It was an absolutely blast to write it and relive such an amazing trip! I can't wait to read some of your TRs and hope to see you over in my PTR!

If you feel like checking it out, just with intros for now, feel free to hop over there... Future updates will happen soon, I promise! :)

THE END!

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. It's so great to see how you both enjoy it all.

You can make your own Schoolbread (skolebolle) at home :goodvibes
Here is a link to the recipe Skolebolle (Schoolbread)

Thanks for sharing everything! I enjoyed your TR!

Also, I wanted to mention that if you enjoyed Living with the Land, you should try out the tour they do. It's inexpensive and so neat to get the "Behind the Seeds" look at stuff.

Thanks Dani for sharing your trip with us. We aren't going to the world this year until December - 4th through 9th. It seems so far away and trip reports that are so detailed with such great pic's are a wonderful way to pass time until our next trip. Glad to see you guys had such a terrific time! :)

So sad it's over.... :sad1: Thanks SO much for sharing your trip with us. It was so much fun to read and you took some great photos. you guys are just adorable.

I can't believe your trip report is over. I have loved reading every minute of it. It might have even inspired me to attempt a trip report after our Oct. trip. I've been to Disney several times over the last few years, but never just DH and I, so I am hoping our "just us" trip in Oct goes as great as your and Matt's did.

Thank's so much for sharing your trip! Yours was the first TR I've ever followed :). I can't wait to follow your ptr.

I'm sad that your TR is over... :sad1:

But super excited for your new PTR!!! :cool1:

Thanks for letting me "tag" along on your Disney vacations!!! I really do appreciate it....:thumbsup2

I don't want to read this update because then it'll be over. :sad1:

To summarize my replies to your replies...yes, I really want to come visit. If I do obviously I'll be hanging out with you the whole time.
That was the most important part to respond to! :lmao:

What the heck is an enhanced license?! Are you going to start driving a forklift around the office?

I'm so glad you love Splash. One of my favorites for sure.

No photos for Snow White because you were camera shy that night! Still hate that we were.

Love Pooh. You know that.

Test Track and Soarin' are now must dos for us. I had never done Soarin' before this trip either!

Star Tours. :lovestruc

I AM SO HAPPY YOU LIKE ToT NOW! :banana: I will make you ride it 10 times if we ever go together.

That pic of Maharajah Trek is so funny! It looks like that girl is running away in fear of something!

I love Living with the Land!!!! And Philharmagic. And the Gran Fiesta Tour!

The parade and pick a pearl seemed to be 2 awesome experiences for you. Hope to do both on my next trip.

I simply must visit the Epcot resort area soon. These restaurant pics are making me so hungry too.

OMG BEACH DONALD IS SO CUTE. I want him.

I want Remy too. KThanks.

Your desserts look heavenly. :cloud9:

I can't forget that I had my first DISmeet ever with Rachel. It was so much fun and I'm so happy I got to meet such a good friend!
:cool1::banana: I'm so glad my first DISmeet was with you!! We are so lucky to have found each other and to be good friends now.

You are so lucky to have a Disney lover for a hubbie. Maybe he can give Andy lessons.

I can't wait to read all of your PTR updates on the Bruce & Amy trip! (and hopefully get to hear about all the details via text too!)

I so glad you wrote this TR for us all to enjoy. You are a wonderful writer and a hilarious one at that. I'm so happy to be able to call you a friend. :hug:

I freaking loved this TR! I'm glad I can hop over to your PTR so I don't have to miss you! And I do have a few more days left on my TR (because I'm slow...there, I said it...) and I know I'll see you there. Everybody's life needs a little Dani in it!:hug:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful TR! I enjoyed reading it so much. You are a great writer, and I was really able to live vicariously through you:goodvibes

Going over to your PTR!

Aw I'm so bummed your TR is over! I was secretly reliving the magic of my January trip through yours since you guys did a lot of things we didn't. It seemed like you and Matt had a blast!!! Maybe this will encourage me to keep writing my TR (I have the first day done and that's it so far). And I will follow along in your PTR because another January trip sounds fantastic! And it's funny because my best friend and I are trying to coordinate a trip together for us and our boyfriends next year, which seems similar to what you and your friends are doing. The problem is, my friend and her bf are both teachers and my bf is still in school so finding a good time for all of us to go is tricky! But thanks for sharing your trip with us, I had so much fun reading along with you and Matt's adventures!!!

:sad1: Well that's that over then. Everyone here is probably looking forward to your next trip as much as you:laughing:
Like I said before, best of good luck in your new job and also thanks for making me feel so welcome to follow you.

Holy canoli, guys! So many super nice responses in this TR that totally let me know that doing this was beyond worth it! :goodvibes Thanks so much; I'd do my normal thing of responding to everyone individually but I'm kind of stretched for time today... My first day at my new job starts tomorrow! :scared1:

Between that and spending part of our day at my in-laws to celebrate Easter and my FIL's birthday, I've got lots of little things to take care of around here before starting a new chapter in my life!

I'm definitely excited for it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to take up a lot of my time for a little while (unlike my old job, which basically allowed me to DIS whenever the heck I felt like it :rotfl:).

This is why a PTR is perfect; I don't have to update it every day or even every other day, so if I'm stretched for time, it's a-okay! Plus, I just LOVE planning a trip! It's too much fun!

I'm excited to respond to everyone over in my PTR, and I'll definitely keep you guys updated on there how the new job is, new info on our trip, etc. Thanks again for all of the wonderful responses; it definitely has made this TR ending a bit less sad for me, especially seeing so many of you in my PTR already! :grouphug:

Wow I just read your whole trip report and I loved it!!! You are a fantastic writer and I loved reading about your and Matt's adventures through Disney! I'm heading over to read your PTR for your next trip! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter