"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Good luck on the job! That's such a stressful situation to be in for sure.

I am sooo far behind. So, I will limit my comments, because honestly, I just got blasted with so much information! :lmao:

1) Please tell Matt that I am also classically trained. Like, so classically trained, I know how to take two games in order to jimmy one game into the system to get it to work.

2) Wait? You didn't get Guinness reduction at Raglan Road?! Unacceptable! I would have had a fit.

3) Epic EE rides. Awesome.

4) Um, those ducks were just......wrong.

5) How did people not know your buttons. Just a travesty. Absolute travesty.

6) I forever will ride the Jungle Cruise in the future and shout "WALT!"

Hoping to see a good news post on here soon!!

Raglan Road... probably the WDW restaurant I most looking forward to returning to. Drool.

Hope everything works out for the best! As cliche as it sounds, if it's meant to be... :rolleyes:

But seriously, good luck with everything! I hope you find out soon.

The waiting is the worst part. Sending positive thoughts for you that you get the answer you are hoping for!

You guys are making excellent use of the monorail! :thumbsup2

Yes, yes we are! The monorail is the best mode of transportation, clearly!

I absolutely LOVE riding the train! It is so relaxing and a great way to get around the crowds of Main St.

I loved it! We will definitely ride it again, especially when there's a parade or big crowds.

I can't remember anything from Tom Sawyer Island. I had it as a must do for this trip, but you know how well that list went. :rolleyes1 Your pics make me want to definitely try it again next time though. I'm glad they have a potty there because knowing me I'd get over there then need to go. :laughing: Tom Sawyer ducks! I wish they had a duck smiley. :donald: Donald will have to do.

I loved it.. We had too much fun running around like little kids, haha. And yes, thankful for the bathroom; waaaay too much water, haha. There really should be a duck smiley around here.

I love Philharmagic! My sister and I did it the night we met you guys and loved it. Not as good as the Muppets for me either, but really cute!

It was cute! But no, Muppets win, all the way.

I almost wish we would have eaten at Pinnochio's this trip. We used to always eat there growing up and look out at Fantasyland.

I enjoyed it, especially since we'd never been there! We'll probably return during our next trip.

Love Pooh still. Glad Riley wanted to ride so many times. :goodvibes

I'm glad she did, too, because that's pretty cute. :cutie:

HM and Splash at night are the best. That books sounds right up my alley!

They really are wonderful at night! I think you'd love the book!! You should get it, it's super interesting!

Tomorrow is my last day. :sad1: I remember texting about your tag-along that morning. Oh that means rain and bad hair/pics for me tomorrow too!

Wompwomp. I don't want our trips to end, nooooo. And you did not have bad hair at all! :laughing:

HAHAHA yes, what can I say, I have eyes and ears at Disney 24/7. Hahah I mean I guess I figured since you had already done your GF visit, that a reasonable excuse to go back would be MONORAIL!

Haha of course, I mean, the monorail is pretty much the best thing ever.

I've never ridden the train either! Although you obviously have now hahaha. AHH I've never been to Tom Sawyer's Island before either! AHH I'VE NEVER BEEN ON THE LIBERTY STEAM BOAT EITHER! Gosh I'm sounding really lame right now. But Tom Sawyer's Island looks like, really cool. Hidden escape? What is this hidden escape you speak of? Sounds LEGIT.

Okay, sounds like you have a lot of new things to do on our next trip! Haha. Tom Sawyer Island is pretty awesome though. There's a hidden escape from one of the buildings in Fort Langhorn. It brings you through some little caves and then outside! It's pretty darn neat.

YAY PHILHARMAGIC! I love it so much. Winnie the Pooh IS so cute. I don't know why either. I reckon because it's Winnie the Pooh and as a rule, it has to be cute.

Philharmagic is quite wonderful! I agree with your rule; everything Winnie is amazingly adorable.

Omg HM at night. Frightening!!!! WHAT?!?!?! You don't like the Eddie Murphy movie?! OMG I love that movie. I think it's awesome. Hmmmm... well this is awkward. Hahahah. :upsidedow

Hahaha awkward moment! I'll admit I've never seen it, though it has really bad reviews on rottentomatoes.com... Buuut maybe I'll watch it at some point?! I just know Matt will have no part of it. :rotfl:

Yall got stuck on Splash again?! What the...? Maybe they should be refurbing this ride all these months instead of Big Thunder. I swear though if it's closed or broken or something in July... I will cry.

Haha it was only for like 5 minutes but yes, we did. I hope they do a Splash refurb earlier than next January. It's always closed in January! This year it wasn't due to BTMRR being down, so maybe they'll do it in September since Splash is definitely in need of some help!

HI!
TGIF!
I've been keeping up with your updates, but kind of busy at work to reply..anyway, I'm still reading along and enjoying!

Haha no worries! Life's been crazy on my front as well, so I totally understand the being busy at work thing. ;) Glad you're still with me!

Raglan Road looks amazing! We've had ADRs there the last 2 trips but always end up changing things around. Your enthusiasm for it makes me want to definitely go now!

You totally should; I love it so much! Their food is always amazingly good!

Can you believe in 9 trips I've never gone over to Tom Sawyer Island? I swear, next trip we are making it a must do. Maybe we'll go over first thing and try to find the paintbrushes. That would be fun!

Yup, it should be a must-do! And yes you should do the paintbrushes! I want to hear about it and see photos of it. I think it sounds like fun!!

They have gelato at Pinocchio's Village Haus? That's random. Was it any good?

Yeah, and they also have it at Cosmic Ray's! It is a bit random. It's okay, not anything special, but definitely was a nice break from the cake in a cup!

I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island, but it looks really fun!

It's actually pretty fun! I feel like kids would have an absolute BLAST there especially!

I'm SHOCKED that after your previous Splash Mountain ordeal you went back on the ride!! :laughing: And you got stuck again! Remind me not to go on any spins around Chick-a-pin hill when you guys are around!! :rotfl:

Haha I love Splash Mountain too much to not go on it again!! And yeah, I think we are bad luck for things getting stuck, so I can't blame you! :laughing:

This update is full of things I must do next time but haven't in the past, all due to a certain little baby growing into a certain little boy.

1. Train. Nope, never done it, but Sawyer loves his choo-choos (not that the girls didn't/don't, but just not with the same passion). Must do.

Oh my gosh Sawyer will LOVE it then! The train is really fun and a must-do for any kid, especially one who loves trains!!

2. Tom Sawyer Island...because Sawyer was named after Tom Sawyer, so I think this place is kind of his. We meant to go last time, but due to circumstances (yes, more circumstances than are already in my TR:sad2:), we didn't make it there. We totally are this time.

Yes, as he gets older he is going to be all over this! I cannot believe there are even more circumstances coming into play in your TR! What a bummer. But at least you guys will make it there this time! :goodvibes

No, PhilharMagic doesn't top Muppet Vision 3D, because NOTHING tops it. We're a Muppet-obsessed family, though, so I might be biased...

Hey, I'm right there with you. Muppets win, always.

Shew! Finally caught up! I'm sorry, I've been a bad reader lately, I'm in the don't-have-a-trip-for-nearly-a-year-so-throw-myself-into-anything-else mode lately, so I haven't been on the DIS much! :rolleyes:

OMG, I feel the saaaame way. Between that and life being just ugh right now... I know when this TR is over I'm just not really going to be sure of what to do with myself, haha!

TS Island looks cool, I've been to WDW three times and never been over there! Looks like I may have to check it out. Raglan Road is on my list for the next trip, I think we will do dinner! yum!

It's really neat! Seems like most people haven't been over there based on the responses I'm getting! It's fun to explore for sure. And yes, definitely do dinner. Their food is so so good.

I cannot believe there are hobo turtles too! :lmao:

Yup, they're quite adorable. I wished I had food to give them, haha.

Oh, I love all your pictures of Tom Sawyer's Island! That is one thing we have not taken enough time for. I'm looking forward to exploring it with my kiddos in the near future. I think they will love it. :thumbsup2

Yeah you should definitely explore it with the kids; they will LOVE it! There's so many fun secret caves for them to explore. I know I will take my kids there way off in the future. ;)

Good luck Dani!

Thanks! Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Best of luck to you!! :goodvibes

Thank you, I'll take all of the luck I can get for this!

Good luck dani! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get it!! It's the worst waiting for an answer, ANY answer!!

THANK YOU! And yes, the waiting seriously is the worst part of all of this. I just want an answer one way or another and I've been waiting for so darn long! Hopefully it's the answer I'm hoping for!

Good Luck!!! :goodvibes

Ok, I'm climbing on my Mom box...

Don't forget to write a Thank You note to the important person/people who have been interviewing you... It's old school, but it'll set you a notch above everyone else... And sometimes that's all it takes... :thumbsup2

Climbing back off the Mom box... :laughing:

Haha, you would be amazed at the amount of people who don't send thank you notes after interviews! Thankfully, I am not one of those people. Every time I have spoken with someone in the process, no matter who it's been, I've sent a thank you email. This company is big on thank yous so I've made sure I'm on top of it. But thank you! I think it has helped in making me a finalist. ;)

Even though I haven't posted much lately, I have been following along faithfully and still loving every update. However, I did want to post now to send you lots and lots of Pixie Dust and good luck wishes!:wizard:

Glad to hear you've still followed along! :) But thank you for popping in and wishing me good luck and pixie dust. I'm hoping everything works out! :goodvibes

Sending positive thoughts your way pixiedust:

Thank you so much! I'm hoping all of this positivity turns into something wonderful!

DANI! Good luck on your job. Waiting is the worst! We're waiting on something right now, too, and it will affect a lot, but the only time frame I have is "before June." I need to make plans! I need to know one way or the other! I sincerely hope things go you way and SOON!

You're absolutely right...life most definitely gets in the way sometimes. We all understand that! So just relax and take your time:hug:.

UGH NO KIDDING! It's so frustrating having to sit and wait.. and wait.. The anticipation is what kills me over here. In the meantime I'm trying to keep my mind on other things, but it's really hard! I hopefully will find out a final answer by tomorrow, but we'll see. I also hope you find out your answer sooner than June! :goodvibes Thanks for the good luck!

"Not sure how to explain it, but I think for both Matt and me, we just want to find out whether or not I got it so we can process the emotions of it. Either celebrate and be happy, or be sad... but either way, MOVE ON, you know?"

Totally know how you feel. I'm in the same situation! Being stuck in limbo is the worst. Sending pixie dust your way! pixiedust: Good luck!

UGH I'm sorry you're in the same limbo! It's lame. The anticipation is the absolute worst in these scenarios. I'm definitely the type of person who likes to just tear off the bandaid! :laughing: I hope everything works out for you, too!!

Good luck! I've so been there!!

Thank you so much. It's seriously not a fun situation to be in. I just want it to stop being dragged out so much.

Good luck on the job! That's such a stressful situation to be in for sure.

Thank you! Hopefully the stress is worth it in the end!

I am sooo far behind. So, I will limit my comments, because honestly, I just got blasted with so much information! :lmao:

1) Please tell Matt that I am also classically trained. Like, so classically trained, I know how to take two games in order to jimmy one game into the system to get it to work.

Hahaha this is amazing. He will most definitely appreciate this.

2) Wait? You didn't get Guinness reduction at Raglan Road?! Unacceptable! I would have had a fit.

UGH I know, right?! It was terrible. Next time we go I am making sure we get our bread and reduction!

3) Epic EE rides. Awesome.

Heck yes. EE is the best.

4) Um, those ducks were just......wrong.

Yeah it was just an awkward situation.

5) How did people not know your buttons. Just a travesty. Absolute travesty.

I don't know, but the CM at ST did and it made my day!!

6) I forever will ride the Jungle Cruise in the future and shout "WALT"

Hahaha please do. I know I will continue doing it!

Hoping to see a good news post on here soon!!

Raglan Road... probably the WDW restaurant I most looking forward to returning to. Drool.

Fingers crossed! Hopefully within the next few days!

I know, I would love to eat some Raglan Road for lunch! But I have to wait a long time til we're back!

Hope everything works out for the best! As cliche as it sounds, if it's meant to be... :rolleyes:

But seriously, good luck with everything! I hope you find out soon.

That's what I've been telling myself. If it's meant to be it'll happen, if not.. well, I guess there's something else better for me. I just want to find out at this point! But thank you. :)

The waiting is the worst part. Sending positive thoughts for you that you get the answer you are hoping for!

It really, really is. But thank you, I'm hoping to heck that it all works out!

Wishing you luck, hope you get the new job.

Thank you so much! It would be an awesome opportunity, that's for sure!

Quick note before today's update. Number one, you guys are AMAZING! I could not believe the amount of people who commented and are sending me good vibes about this whole job thing. I seriously appreciate it and it brightened up my day yesterday. Still no news yet, but I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow. Again, thank you so much for the support; you guys are wonderful. :goodvibes

Also, after a long day, I decided to come home and go to my happy place by writing more for my TR! There's something about reliving the wonderful memories that brings a smile to your face, especially in more difficult times. Matt also begged me as he said he wanted something fun to read today in between work projects, so, here we are! Hope you enjoy. :)

Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Um, will you guys be our Disney tour guides?!"
Day 10: January 27th, 2012​

We woke up at around 8:15, got ready and then headed down to Cape May for breakfast. We kept our reservations in hope that we would have more of an experience like our first night there, and NOT our second night. We got our buzzer and sat down to wait for a few.

I must've totally missed this from our previous day, but I totally picked up a pair of Mickey hands for myself. Matt and I thought it was only appropriate for us to both have gloves to wear... So of course while we waited, we acted like 5 year olds and gave awesome high fives to one another.

9a7fabd0.jpg

409bbf4f.jpg

485530e3.jpg

Soon enough we were seated, and let me just say... This was a MUCH better experience than our last visit! WHEW. Our waitress was remarkably friendly, and explained the characters and the buffet to us.

Before we knew it, Minnie was already visiting us!

b4abd66f.jpg

482c81b1.jpg

After waving goodbye to Minnie, we decided to wait it out since Donald was right around the corner. He made his way over to us, and made a little gesture to Matt's shirt like he was upset, hahaha. He was quite cute though.

f09bfd0d.jpg

0de4c0e1.jpg

Finally we got our food and oh man, Cape May has a delightful breakfast buffet!

cb79f190.jpg

I think there I had bacon, scrambled eggs, an apple pastry, potatoes, french toast bread pudding, and some quiche. All of it was deeeeelicious!

Unfortunately I didn't get a Mickey waffle, because they were out both times I went up! But no biggie, there were so many other things that I wanted to try anyway.

We enjoyed our breakfast, and Goofy came and visited us. I asked our waitress to take our photo on my iPhone and well... I don't think she understood how it worked because the photo ended up like this..

19fbd5d3.jpg

Wompwomp! But it was okay! We paid our bill and headed on out because we had some people we needed to meet up with!

Okay, so, now I get to explain this entire scenario. If you read my PTR, you can skip this if you want, otherwise, read on!

I requested off my time for work months ago before our trip, letting my manager know when I'd be out. Around a month later, she said she would be in Florida in January with her sister, and they were planning on going to Disney for a day while there (her sister was there for a work conference). She told me she'd be there before we were though, but we thought it was funny that we were both going to be there in the same month.

A month passes by, and one morning my manager turns to me (she and I share the same office) and asks me what dates I'll be in Disney World again. I tell her the 18th-29th, and she responds with, "Uhhh yeah, we're going to be there from the 26th-30th!" We both started laughing and thought it was hilarious that we would be there at the same time. Basically, the marketing dept. for our company would be in Disney World, totally unplanned!

We said we'd have to meet up, maybe get drinks or lunch or something, and left it at that. During our trip, I got a text at some point finding out that they were going to be staying at the Swan & Dolphin instead of some DTD hotel. Uhh, huh, this was getting more and more interesting.

Plans fell through for my manager's friend who was supposed to also go with them, so it ended up only being my manager (who we'll call M) and her sister (A). This turned into my manager texting me the day before, saying they'd arrived and were relaxing by the pool, but were planning on doing the parks the next day (which is this day) and wanted to know if we wanted to meet up, as neither M or A had ever been to Disney World.

We didn't really mind, since I like M on a personal level (we're the same age and get along really well, since we're some of the youngest people at our company), and Matt has met her enough to be okay with it as well. Her sister, A, I'd met a few times and figured it wouldn't be too awkward.

Okay, now we're hopefully all caught up here on this weird situation, haha!

We agreed to meet up at Animal Kingdom with M and A, so that's where we were off to!

f5c43584.jpg

Upon arriving, I called M and they were already inside of AK, waiting for us in Asia. We made our way over, and spotted them from afar.

Can I just state how WEIRD it is to see a co-worker/manager in Disney World?! I don't know how to explain it! I mean it wasn't that bad since we're friends, but at the same time, it was a bit bizarre!

After introducing Matt to A, we decided to get in line for EE! I'd talked so much about EE to M in the past that we knew we had to all go on it together!
Matt and I thought it would be funny to put our gloves on, aaand so we did for our photo, haha...

8d724481.jpg

That M behind Matt, and A behind me.

OH! And M had a broken elbow, so that's why she only had one hand up, hahaha.

Anyway, they had a blast on it so we decided to walk on it again... But this time, we decided to have M and A ride in the very front row, with us behind them... Oh, and we threw a little senior picture out there for our final ride on EE!

b407c0b2.jpg

So yes, if you're counting, we managed to get 13 rides this time on EE! Total record that I'm not sure we'll ever beat, but who knows! I was pretty impressed. Oh and yeah, we never ended up using those EE FPs we'd gotten for getting stuck on it! Hahaha, oh well, I kept them as a nice reminder. :)

At this point A and M felt like they were good with AK (which was good since really Matt and I just wanted a few more rides on EE before the end of our trip, as we felt we'd seen everything else we'd wanted to in AK), so we headed out to catch a bus to the TTC.

I asked A and M what they wanted to do, and they told us they were up for anything, which was good because we kind of mentioned that there was no pressure if they felt like going somewhere else.

We decided on MK at this point, and as we got on the bus for TTC, explaining how getting to MK is a bit different because you have to take a bus to the TTC, A and M commented how they were so happy they had us to tag along with, as we were their "Disney tour guides". They said otherwise they would've gotten TOTALLY lost and and overwhelmed and never would've known how to get to MK from AK. It can definitely be tricky for a first-timer, that's for sure!

Next update, we make our way to Magic Kingdom, and I FINALLY get a photo that I've been waiting for all trip! ;)

I love being a Disney tour guide! And it definitely is kind of bizarre to see people at Disney that you would never see in a normal circumstance.

I'm glad that your server at Cape May Cafe was better for your breakfast than at dinner. That's always so unsettling, it could turn you off of going back.

Hey ... getting all caught up again and love the continuation of the TR. Totally understand that writing about these memories is a perfect respite from the daily stress.

We haven't been back to Raglan Road in our last three trips ... not really sure why except I think we had so many other places we wanted to try :confused3. That said, I so remember loving it and now your pictures and recap have moved it to the top of my list of considerations.

I know what you mean about meeting up with someone from work at DW ... in my case, it was a chance meeting - but wow - it just felt somehow like the "real world" had collided with my "Dis World" and somehow torn a weird hole in the continuum.

Thanks for updating on the job situation ... being in HR, I understand all of the necessary (albeit often frustrating) "hoops" that we have to send people through in the current market. Being amongst the finalists at this point is a testimony to your qualifications. I hope you get the position!!:thumbsup2

Hi! I just wanted to say that I am just now following your trip report and I hope you aren't finished yet!
It's so cool that you are from Seattle! I lived there for 4 years when my husband first joined the Navy (technically we lived in Everett and I worked in Mountlake Terrace but I was in Seattle as much as I could be!) That was 11 years ago. Now, we live just north of Jacksonville, FL and it takes me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get to Disney! My husband is currently deployed, but the kids and I were at Disney in Jan from the 2cd through the 9th.
Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say HI! :)

I love your Mickey hands!! :laughing: They're so cute!

Glad that your breakfast at CMC worked out better! I've only been there for dinner, but that doesn't come with the opportunity of seeing the characters in their beachwear!

Too funny you met up with your coworker at Disney! And that you were playing tour guide to them! I actually didn't realize you couldn't take a bus from AK to MK, I guess because you can take busses directly to Epcot from there I just assumed you could!

I haven't been on dis for a while so I missed your post about your prospective job, hope it's not too late to wish you luck!

OK, you guys are just too cute with your Mickey & Stitch hands. Love it!!

Wow.. 13 rides on EE! I think my record is like... 7 or something. You guys are the masters of that ride!

HAHAHA, love the Stitch and Mickey high five! So funny.

I'm glad yall had a better Cape May experience this time! The food looks good and I LOVE THE CHARACTERS' BEACH OUTFITS!!!! Omg ahhh. I really wanted to make an ADR there for breakfast so that I could visit my FRINSA (Favorite Resort I've Never Stayed At) and show my family the wonder that is the Beach Club, BUT, the dang restaurant is getting refurbished from mid-July until the DAY AFTER WE LEAVE. Seriously though... :sad2:

That's really weird that your manager was there at the same time as you. At least you are friends with her though, otherwise I'd be like ew get out of my happy place yall. Hahah.

DANG! 13 rides on Everest. ACCOMPLISHMENT! :thumbsup2

I love your big hands. You guys are so funny. I think it would be big fun to be Disney tour guides.

I hope you get the job you were interviewing for. I have worked for the same people for 23 years so I can't imagine trying to find a new job. You are so brave to try.

On another note, I finally got an iPhone and my new Disney cover is on the way. Yay!!

The photos I take on it are bad though, so any tips you can give would be most welcome.

Good luck on the job front! I know it can be seriously stressful... Especially when it's a job you really want!

HI! OMG, good luck with the job. :cheer2: Looks like all your photos have an error, says bandwith exceeded. Way to tease me!!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter