• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

Just found your trip report and read the whole thing. You guys are great. Looking forward to more.

:lmao::rotfl:...nope, not the same thing!! We were dragged up in front of the whole restaurant and joined other couples celebrating in a KISSING CONTEST!!! :hug: Yeah, it was pretty funny...especially since my Dcuz put us up to it! But, yours is HILARIOUS!! Mostly because Matt kept saying no..it might have been easier just to sing it and get it over with. When we were there for my B-day in '09, our server brought me a glass of champagne and then announced to the restaurant that it was my B-day and her being the best ;) singer their she was going to sing Happy Birthday to me. :scared1: She sucked sooooo bad....it was sooooooo funny!!!!:lmao:

Awesome pics from the boat, you have a great camera, it got such pretty colors! I'm hungry now from that pic of the cupcake..thanks.

Great updates !! LOVE your Dug. :love: (and your hoodie !)

We're eating at WCC in April and am looking forward to it .. not sure what to order though .. but what Matt ordered looks and sounds pretty tasty ! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your EPIC day ! :banana:

Haha thank you! Dug is pretty fantastic, and I LOVE wearing that hoodie.

WCC is awesome and you and your kids will LOVE it! I promise if you're not doing the skillet, you will love that dish that Matt got! The Chipotle/Espresso combo isn't very in your face and the grits are out of this world! I can't even think about it right now, it sounds so good. :laughing:

Can't wait to share the first chapter of our epic adventure tomorrow! :yay:

Loving your TR so far and cannot wait to hear about your EPIC feat!

Thank you! And I know, I have been itching to write and post about that day. It should be a goodie. :goodvibes

I went to WCC in 2008 and Loved it! I had a similar experience as it was my Parent's anniversary and they made them kiss for the entirety of a song (I don't recall what song it was) My parents are very non-PDA, so this was hilarious for my sister and I.

Isn't it fabulous?! We loved it on our honeymoon, and we will definitely be returning on our next trip! That is so funny about your parents. I would have died if they made us do anything more than just a quick kiss and toast! :rotfl:

Are you guys planning on going there again on your next trip?!

hopefully this isn't a double post....I don't know what happened to my 1st post... :confused3

Haha you are in the clear, no double post that I can see! The DIS can be weird sometimes and just eat a post for no reason. :confused3

anyway...seems like you had a wonderful day....love the hoodie! and your Dug...he's just the right size to snuggle with!

We had a great day! It was relaxing but also really fun. And thank you, Dug really is the perfect snuggle buddy and pal. I'm glad I found him. :goodvibes

I am sooo hungry now after seeing the Sundaes and cupcakes....now I will spend the next hour opening the fridge 12 times in hopes something as yummy magically appears - LOL

Ugh I'm telling you... Writing this TR is KILLING me because of all the food pictures! I want to eat it ALL! And it's hard because we're back to healthier eating. Thank God for cheat meals on Saturdays, otherwise I would not survive writing this TR! :rotfl:

Maybe when I get home there will be some school bread waiting on the counter for me! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about your Epic day!
p.s. free laundry - thats great! :laundy:

YES I am so excited to share it! And free laundry is wonderful. Gotta love DVC! :goodvibes

aargh! your cliff hangers kill me!

:lmao: Am I cruel or WHAT?! At least I don't leave you hanging for too many days! Gosh, what would you do if my next post wasn't for another week or something?! :laughing: Don't worry, I'll have part one of our epic day posted tomorrow morning!

Just found your trip report and read the whole thing. You guys are great. Looking forward to more.

YAY WELCOME! Totally excited to have new readers along for this funny ride! Glad you're all caught up and I hope you stick around for more. I can't wait to share the rest of our trip... and we're not even halfway through it! :scared1: Thanks for popping in and commenting, I really appreciate it!

:lmao::rotfl:...nope, not the same thing!! We were dragged up in front of the whole restaurant and joined other couples celebrating in a KISSING CONTEST!!! :hug: Yeah, it was pretty funny...especially since my Dcuz put us up to it! But, yours is HILARIOUS!! Mostly because Matt kept saying no..it might have been easier just to sing it and get it over with. When we were there for my B-day in '09, our server brought me a glass of champagne and then announced to the restaurant that it was my B-day and her being the best ;) singer their she was going to sing Happy Birthday to me. :scared1: She sucked sooooo bad....it was sooooooo funny!!!!:lmao:

Awesome pics from the boat, you have a great camera, it got such pretty colors! I'm hungry now from that pic of the cupcake..thanks.

Okay, you totally win for the WORST experience. Matt would have HATED that, he would have had no part in a kissing contest in front of everyone. :rotfl:

There was no way that boy was going to sing in front of everyone! She let him off pretty easy with the kiss though. :laughing:

I love the free champagne! They did that for us on our honeymoon (but no singing)... I'm sure her singing was just beautiful. ;)

Thank you! I actually pulled out my dSLR for those photos just because it was so pretty out! Ugh and I know, I'm starving and would love a cupcake... So at least I feel your pain. :lmao:

Aw, I'm sorry your meal wasn't awesome. :( That's sad.

OMG! I think I would have died in Matt's situation. I tend to not get very embarrassed... ever... but I. DO. NOT. SING. FOR. ANYONE.

Haha... even Matt's HAND looks red from embarrassment! Or maybe that's just because of the table. HAHAHA.

HOW CUTE of that little girl! And I LOVE your sweatshirt! I think I saw a t-shirt with that pattern in Mickey's Star Traders! And the Y is made out of the castle AND the monorail? Two of my favorite things about Disney!

OMG your photos are amazing!!! I especially am diggin the ones of Bay Lake Tower... ;)

I'm gonna say there was another cupcake that won the prize... but that's just a guess! :thumbsup2

OMG poor Matt! WCC was on our short list, and I think will be a must do for the pork alone!

Wow, that food looks great! Both yours and Matt's! DBF is all about the char; I think he'd have been in heaven.

I have heard so much about that restaurant, but i've never been. I actually really don't understand what happens at that place - what's all this about lots of ketchup, for instance - but it seems pretty darn popular, and all the food I see on any TR looks delicious. Another one to add to my list I guess!

And how tough was it to just stop by MK just to catch a bus without going in! I probably would have had to just walk in and go down Main Street!

Hello! I can't believe I've never stumbled upon you here before! But you TR title made me laugh, and I had to know more!

Just read your whole TR, and I love it! You two remind me of DH and I, except reversed; my DH is the super extroverted outgoing one, and I am a shy wack-o. We are both 100% goober goofballs, though.

Can't wait for the next update!

I hate that when your dining partner's meal is that much better than yours, and you just want to snatch it and scarf it down when they're not looking. I've experienced that before. It's depressing. :laughing:

How adorable was that they the little one wished you a happy anniversary! That's just awesome. Gotta love little kiddos.

Aw, I'm sorry your meal wasn't awesome. :( That's sad.

It was sad, especially in comparison to Matt's! However, it was the most disappointing thing I ate on our trip, so I can't complain because it wasn't the worst thing ever. Just not what I was hoping for!

OMG! I think I would have died in Matt's situation. I tend to not get very embarrassed... ever... but I. DO. NOT. SING. FOR. ANYONE.

Haha... even Matt's HAND looks red from embarrassment! Or maybe that's just because of the table. HAHAHA.

Ugh yes it was incredibly awkward but he totally stuck with his guns and said nope, hahaha. I kind of wonder if the waitress was upset. And yes, he was super red for awhile. Poor guy. I will not put that on our WCC reservation next time! :rotfl:

HOW CUTE of that little girl! And I LOVE your sweatshirt! I think I saw a t-shirt with that pattern in Mickey's Star Traders! And the Y is made out of the castle AND the monorail? Two of my favorite things about Disney!

It was so cute! And thank you! You definitely saw that on a t-shirt, because I debated on buying the t-shirt instead. But I am very happy I got the hoodie. And yes, it's like so many awesome things in one sweatshirt! :cloud9:

OMG your photos are amazing!!! I especially am diggin the ones of Bay Lake Tower... ;)

Thank you! Hahaha so, when I originally read this I was like, wait, why is she so interested in BLT?! Then I read your update and it made way more sense. I don't even know why I didn't put 2 and 2 together before I read your update though! Hahaha, I'm so excited for you though!

I'm gonna say there was another cupcake that won the prize... but that's just a guess! :thumbsup2

I think you might be right! :thumbsup2

OMG poor Matt! WCC was on our short list, and I think will be a must do for the pork alone!

Haha, he survived, but it was definitely not is favorite moment of the trip! You should definitely do it and order Matt's dish. Ahhh it was so good. I normally don't like grits but these were out of this world.

Wow, that food looks great! Both yours and Matt's! DBF is all about the char; I think he'd have been in heaven.

It was terrific! I think he would love the steak then! It wasn't my favorite but still totally edible and I did enjoy it later on that night.

I have heard so much about that restaurant, but i've never been. I actually really don't understand what happens at that place - what's all this about lots of ketchup, for instance - but it seems pretty darn popular, and all the food I see on any TR looks delicious. Another one to add to my list I guess!

It's just kind of a hootin' hollerin' place. If someone asks their waitress for ketchup, they bring you every bottle of ketchup in the place... And if another tabs e asks for it later, they'll have people help by bringing bottle over to the new table. Oh and with refills, they'll give you a massive jar to drink out of if you keep asking for them. And they have people do things like the hokey pokey, etc. It's pretty funny and families have a blast. You should give it a shot, it's fun and tasty. :)

And how tough was it to just stop by MK just to catch a bus without going in! I probably would have had to just walk in and go down Main Street!

It was definitely hard! I was tempted but then that would've wasted a day of our park tickets, and since this was our non-park day, I had to resist.. It was not easy! :laughing:

Hello! I can't believe I've never stumbled upon you here before! But you TR title made me laugh, and I had to know more!

Just read your whole TR, and I love it! You two remind me of DH and I, except reversed; my DH is the super extroverted outgoing one, and I am a shy wack-o. We are both 100% goober goofballs, though.

Can't wait for the next update!

Hi, thanks for joining in and reading! I'm glad you decided to give my TR a shot and have enjoyed reading it. I love that you and your DH are like us... I think it keeps things balanced, that's for sure... And makes things interesting.

I can't wait to post my next update tomorrow! Thanks again for popping in to say hi. :goodvibes

I hate that when your dining partner's meal is that much better than yours, and you just want to snatch it and scarf it down when they're not looking. I've experienced that before. It's depressing. :laughing:

How adorable was that they the little one wished you a happy anniversary! That's just awesome. Gotta love little kiddos.

Yeah it was totally killer, I wanted to steal his entire plate! He'd never notice... :rolleyes1

It was super cute and she was so polite about it! It was a pleasant surprise from such a young kid... But definitely a nice surprise. :goodvibes

Hahaha so, when I originally read this I was like, wait, why is she so interested in BLT?! Then I read your update and it made way more sense. I don't even know why I didn't put 2 and 2 together before I read your update though! Hahaha, I'm so excited for you though!

:rotfl: Hahaha it's okay that you didn't put two and two together! I don't think I would have either. I mean any hints that I have dropped have been VERY subtle... like putting the monorail picture in my ticker! That's almost not even a hint, it's just a... CLUE, I guess! BUT YEAH. Thanks!!! But really, I loved those pictures! So pretty! :goodvibes

I'm enjoying your trip report! Thank you for keeping me occupied during a slow-ish day at work. ;) Your pictures of the Beach Club and the Friendships made me homesick for the Epcot resorts. We had to move our March trip to May so I'm getting my vicarious Disney fix through trip reports.

Can't wait to hear more!

:rotfl: Hahaha it's okay that you didn't put two and two together! I don't think I would have either. I mean any hints that I have dropped have been VERY subtle... like putting the monorail picture in my ticker! That's almost not even a hint, it's just a... CLUE, I guess! BUT YEAH. Thanks!!! But really, I loved those pictures! So pretty! :goodvibes

I know but I'm still laughing at myself for it. Like you even gave a clue in your ticker! Ooooh man. At least I wasn't the only one fooled by it! :rotfl:

I'm enjoying your trip report! Thank you for keeping me occupied during a slow-ish day at work. ;) Your pictures of the Beach Club and the Friendships made me homesick for the Epcot resorts. We had to move our March trip to May so I'm getting my vicarious Disney fix through trip reports.

Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome to my TR and thank you! I'm glad I kept you occupied on a slow day at work... because that's why I love the DIS! When I have a slow day, I love just reading people's TRs and totally living vicariously through them. :laughing:

I LOVE the Epcot resorts. It is really going to be difficult to not stay there at some point. Where are you staying in May?! That is very exciting! I can't wait to start planning our next trip!

You're in luck because I keep this updated nearly daily, so be on the lookout for a new update here in a bit. :goodvibes Thanks again for commenting!!

Chapter Eighteen: Let the Disney World Gauntlet BEGIN!
Day 5: January 22nd, 2012​

4 parks. 2 goobers. 1 day. CAN THEY DO IT?

CUE "FINAL COUNTDOWN" -
Duhduh duh duhhhh
Duh duh duh duh duhhh
Duhduh duh duhhhh
Duhduhduhduhduhduhduh... It's the DIS-NEY GAUNT-LEEEEET!

Okay sorry, I had to do something kind of big there considering this was about to be the most EPIC day we'd ever seen in Disney World!

Hoookay, so! We woke up to a wake-up call at 7:30am, and decided to eat breakfast in our room since it would be much faster. We both had some oatmeal and of course watched Stacey while we ate. We got ready pretty darn quickly, as I have it noted that we were out the door by 8!

Of course, we were in dire need of coffee if we wanted to make it though this day, so we grabbed some in our mugs and headed off to catch a Friendship boat to our first stop... Hollywood Studios! We waited for a few with some other people, enjoying our coffee and starting to really wake ourselves up...

be4120c3.jpg

We hopped on the boat and were pretty excited to be on our way!

40a7a3f5.jpg

1f508040.jpg

We arrived at Hollywood Studios at around 8:45, and as I suspected, the park was letting people in before the 9am opening. I'd heard they were no longer doing Rope Drop and had been letting people in at 8:30 without really announcing it, so I was actually excited that we would get a 15 minute head start on our day!

b2dd3b79.jpg

Our first priority was to make our way over to TSMM. Okay so, don't attack me but... We think this attraction is fun but not amazing. LOVE the Toy Story movies, but neither of us truly understands the hype over this attraction, at least enough to garner the lines it does.

BUT, I told Matt I wanted to ride it once, and this was our best chance of getting on without waiting. The wait time said 20 minutes (already!), but we figured it'd be way smarter to get FPs and come back later... Especially with such early return times:

c8746ffb.jpg

To give you an idea of how EXCELLENT this new opening procedure was, this was what Pixar Place looked like as we left TSMM..

451e4214.jpg

We decided our next stop would be Tower of Terror. I somehow convinced Matt to ride it with me again, though not sure how, and he actually agreed to it.

We strolled through the main area, and decided we should take our first photo of the day. Our plan was to take a photo of us with our hats on in each of the parks, and then update Facebook throughout the day. We also did this with our PhotoPass, which I don't have yet, so you'll have to deal with my iPhone photos. We saw an official-looking CM standing nearby and asked if she'd take our photo for us (and she did a good job, I love this photo!)...

c4e9dd65.jpg

She asked us how our day was going, so we told her about our plans for the day and she was impressed, then asked what our favorite HS attraction was. We told her that we really loved Star Tours and the new reboot of it (she was shocked we didn't say TSMM). It was then that we had even MORE pixie dust thrown at us, because the CM said, "Well then, you guys would probably make VERY good use of these, to really help you get through your day!" and handed us 2 FPs for Star Tours!

0e19fed1.jpg

We thanked her repeatedly and said goodbye, heading off to Tower of Terror! Oh and um, that section of the park? It was essentially dead. Guess everyone was over at TSMM!

6e4f68d3.jpg

As we walked up, it was around 8:55 and there was a small line outside... but the wait time said nothing on it. Soon I figured out that they must have been holding off on opening other attractions aside from TSMM until 9. Sooo we waited a few minutes before the line began to move, and we found ourselves back inside the creepiest hotel around..

bc9d6579.jpg

Of course, the CM asks us, "How many?" and as soon as I said 2, I knew he was about to put us here... again...

a5ab3dcc.jpg

Yes, front row.

We clicked ourselves in and I could not believe it... It was SO SO much tamer than our first ride! Like, tiny drops, and only once do I think we were thrown up in the air with no stop before being dropped. It was a completely different ride!! Matt and I both agreed that it was way less scary than the first time.

I thought about it for a moment and mentioned that they must make the ride sequences a lot scarier for EMH/night time, and much less intense for the morning crowds... which makes sense since most younger kids are going to want to ride is earlier in the day.

So to anyone who is scared and wants to give it a shot... DON'T do what I did and ride it at night as your first time. Ride it in the morning! It was a LOT easier to deal with and did not leave me shaking like our first ride on it did.

Anyway, after a not-so-terrifying ride on ToT, we strolled over to Rockin' Roller Coaster for a quick ride. Standby said 20 minutes, but we were on a time crunch here so we opted to ride it single rider. We walked straight on, of course. This and TT are two attractions I have no problem riding single rider.

RnRC you can't even really talk to the person next to you, and TT is something we both enjoy but don't like waiting for, so it just makes sense to do single rider! We don't do that on EE, because it's my favorite and we love riding it together. Otherwise, I think more people should seriously take advantage of doing single rider!

e30faf4b.jpg

Welp, go us, we'd already hit our 2-rides quota for Hollywood Studios! But, it was still REALLY early, we had 2 sets of FPs to use, so of course we weren't done yet!

Hee Heeeeeeee ... LOVE the tale of Matt's time at WCC ... love that restaurant ... kudos to him for sneaking around the song and still getting in a kiss!!

Your photos are GORGEOUS!! What camera were you using? I think some of them should seriously be framed ... the sunsets over GF and the shimmering lights of the MK entrance reflected on the water are WOW!!!!

Looking forward to the next EPIC tale!!

Hee Heeeeeeee ... LOVE the tale of Matt's time at WCC ... love that restaurant ... kudos to him for sneaking around the song and still getting in a kiss!!

Your photos are GORGEOUS!! What camera were you using? I think some of them should seriously be framed ... the sunsets over GF and the shimmering lights of the MK entrance reflected on the water are WOW!!!!

Looking forward to the next EPIC tale!!

Haha, he was such a good sport about everything but I definitely felt bad! He handled it very well though, and well, I'll take the kiss over a song! :goodvibes

Thank you on the photos! It's funny because I was looking at them again and thinking.. Ya know, I should frame a few of these! So I think I might have to do that! Camera-wise, I just using my good ol' Nikon D40, which is probably the "original" intro-to-dSLRs camera. It's an older dSLR model (they don't make them anymore) but has really been an excellent camera for me! Eventually I'll get a new camera body but this one does the trick! :thumbsup2

Well, the next update was posted RIGHT as you posted this reply, so hopefully you get to see it!! :goodvibes

I am alive! :yay::woohoo: Get ready for a novel of a reply because I am backtracking and catching up!

I know, it's WAY creepier at night. And yes, I think we are the same person! I just re-read the book again around Halloween. Have you ever read it? It's so good and scary and way different than the Stanley Kubrick movie. But I also love the movie, too!
Yes, I like the book too! In high school we had to write a paper in Senior English doing a book vs. movie comparison and a bunch of detailed stuff between the two. Anyways I picked The Shining, and got the highest score in the class on the project. :goodvibes

Day 3: Jan. 20th
Hobo birds love delicious Market Place pastries and I'm sure I would too! Matt's shirt is complete awesomeness today!

I'm glad Matt chose Donald, those are so cute! I loved seeing the Pluto ones while we were down there too. So cute to see Pluto get excited when people were wearing them. :) LOVE the Goonies, and you probably should've bought that pirate do-rag thing. :laughing:
Unfortunately, I don't have our PhotoPass photos back yet, so once I get them I will definitely post the photos from this experience.
Eek! I'm sorry! I am waiting for the 27th so we can order the CD. :rolleyes1

Your hat is so precious! :cutie: That towel is awesome! Anything with the Brer critters on it is a winner in my book. Such sweet CMs too. :goodvibes

CHH nom nom nom. We had it for the first time this trip and loved it! Especially my momma. She asked to go back on our last day to get more fish and shrimp! :lmao: Wise choice to go back to the room and take care of the grumps! Perfect Mickey charm too!

Shadow pic walking back to BC = adorable. That alone pool time sounds divine! We say farted around too so no worries. ;)

Mmm, dinner time! Or not...early check-in time! Love the hoodie. "Waaaallll-eeeee" said in adorable Ri voice.

OMG your plates look like seafood heaven. I really want to go to this buffet now. Matt just seems to be an attention magnet who doesn't want any of it, kind of like Riley. :laughing:

I am so glad you posted the wait time card thing! I got one on our first park night for the Princess meet and greet. I uploaded this pic to Instagram saying "Yay! Makes me feel important!"
f0fcb240449811e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

I agree with you on the ring thing. The fact that Disney put a real one in the new queue is just great. Details, details.

Getting stuck on Splash Mountain. :sad2: I remember getting the text from you saying you guys were stuck. That video is kind of priceless. It is SO loud, and you guys get major props for not killing anyone. At least they finally turned the noises off and you guys took very entertaining pictures for me to enjoy.
Basically, if people JUST STAYED SEATED LIKE INSTRUCTED, we probably could've been on our way.
Basically, if people were respectful and nice, you could have been on your way. It must have been cool to see some backstage areas, to get the fastpasses and to pee after holding it for eternity!

WOO TEST TRACK, BABY!!! SCHOOL BREAD AND ALMOND PRETZELS BABBYYYY!!!! You marry that schoolbread, baby!!

Sorry I am a little crazy today. :rotfl:

HA! I told Rey all about the singing and we discussed how HE would react if that happened! I think really similar to Matt, but he says he would stand up and recite it as poetry instead of singing it...but that's total BS! :laughing:

GORGEOUS sunset shots! Love them! I cannot wait to hear about your epic day! :woohoo:

Yay for the Gauntlet !! Looks like you got a good start. I have been wanting to try TOT, so I'm gonna go with your theory that it is tamer in the AM and ride it in April. I hope you are right. I've been super chicken to ride it.

Shew! All caught up now! What an amazing start to your epic day! And hello?!?! Pixie dust! You are so brave to ride ToT again, I'm going to take you up on that tip when Hope drags me kicking and screaming onto ToT next February! I'll let her drag me in the morning so it's not so bad! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter