Norway Magic 6/6/2015

Come along and meet your fellow group cruisers!
Fathoms - Deck 3 Forward - 2pm - 3pm local (Copenhagen) time

Not sure if anyone has heard, we won't be the first cruise to stop in Stavanger. The EBTA had an itinerary change and they'll be stopping in Stavanger on May 27th from 9:30am-2:45pm. :( I was looking forward to be the first. At least we'll be the first on the 3 other ports. :flower1:

Not sure if anyone has heard, we won't be the first cruise to stop in Stavanger. The EBTA had an itinerary change and they'll be stopping in Stavanger on May 27th from 9:30am-2:45pm. :( I was looking forward to be the first. At least we'll be the first on the 3 other ports. :flower1:

wow -- only 5 hours in a port? What can folks even do in that time?!

Hey everyone! My family and I are going on this cruise and I just got a hang of this website. I was trying to figure out fish extenders since our last cruise was a big failure..... I made gifts and tried to find other FEs but found one and we got nothing in our FE :(

Hey everyone! My family and I are going on this cruise and I just got a hang of this website. I was trying to figure out fish extenders since our last cruise was a big failure..... I made gifts and tried to find other FEs but found one and we got nothing in our FE :(

To participate in FEs, you need to sign up with a group ahead of time. Usually they are organized so that you have a list of cabins you are giving to and they give to you. Without that no one knows to give to you. Unfortunately, I think the FE groups are closed for this cruise already, unless there is a last minute one someone is hosting on here.

We are excited for this great vacation opportunity, unfortunately when we leave the ship on the 13th we also leave our youngest behind working until we see her again in late fall.....BUT for now, anticipation........:yay::hippie::love2:

I haven't a clue as to what to pack yet. Miami natives not used to cold weather!!!! :scared:

i'm with you! i'm in LA and we have the same issue. a friend just came back yesterday from visiting copenhagen and norway and said it was wet and cold. even so, her pictures looked phenomenal, so i think if you and i can figure out how to layer (and perhaps bring proper rain gear), we'll be in great shape!!!

Two weeks!!!! (From yesterday) I am going to pack this weekend.

Rain gear, boots, coats, the trusty North Face for everyone. Luckily it is warm here in DC so we aren't wearing that stuff now. I am bringing wetsuits for my kids in case they want to swim. They won't care if it's 55 degrees.

Thinkoflaura, I used to live in Baton Rouge and I didn't even own a real winter coat back then.

Stavanger looks like a fun town to explore by foot. It seems big enough that our ship won't use up all the resources in town. We didn't book a port adventure there for this reason.

Stavanger looks like a fun town to explore by foot. It seems big enough that our ship won't use up all the resources in town. We didn't book a port adventure there for this reason.

I agree, we are going to just explore on our own in Bergen as well. However, keep in mind that we are in Stavanger on a Monday and some museums might be closed on mondays. So, if you plan to see some museums, make sure to check if they are open on Mondays. If I remember correctly some were open all week starting June 15, so we are there too early...

I just spent 3 days in Bergen. Loved going up to Mt. Floyen, Bryggen Museum, and the guided tour (free with admission) through Rosencrantz Tower and Hakan's Hall. The kids (5, 7, 10) really enjoyed that tour too! I wasn't a huge fan of the Norway in a Nutshell tour (similar to the 9 hour iconic DCL excursion). Too much time sitting around on transportation, not enough time to really enjoy the scenery.

For anyone looking for a place for lunch off boat while in Bergen... We ate at http://www.pingvinen.no/ our first night and it was really good. I had whale, a first since you can't get it in the states. It's about a 7 minute walk from Bryggen. Right on Bryggen we enjoyed http://www.bryggeloftet.no/ and it was quite reasonable for lunch in a tourist area. The mussels were fantastic and they have very detailed allergy information, so of you have food allergies a really great place to go. My family has also enjoyed pastries and sandwiches from http://godtbrod.no/ . And there is a Starbucks at the city center end of Bryggen.

8 more "sleeps" until we leave for Copenhagen. Watched a lot of Rick Steves on YouTube this morning covering Copenhagen and Bergen.

hi! I am not part of the FE fun unfortunately, but my family and I will be in Copenhagen a few days before the cruise... I was looking at the Trivoli website and discovered this fun performance happening Friday night. Would be fun to see some of you there! Maybe we can wear something "disney" to indicate we're cruisers!

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/scene/2015/svinedrengen/

We will be there! Me, DH, DD(5) and DS(3).

My family has also enjoyed pastries and sandwiches from http://godtbrod.no/ .

I just looked at their website and they are selling School Bread - just like the bakery in the Norway Pavillion in Epcot!!

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-25 um 21.06.52.png

But the other stuff looks really delicious, too! I always loved baked goods from bakeries in Scandinavia and was already looking forward to getting some treats while we are in Norway. Thanks for this tip, the bakery looks really good. I will note down the locations!

NAME TAGS
Hi all! This is last minute, but I am making name tags to put on your lanyard. If you would like one for you (and your cabin mates) please PM me with your first names and cabin number. I need this info by Monday, June 1st.
Thank you,
Judy

NAME TAGS
Hi all! This is last minute, but I am making name tags to put on your lanyard. If you would like one for you (and your cabin mates) please PM me with your first names and cabin number. I need this info by Monday, June 1st.
Thank you,
Judy

Stephen 6006
Kim 6006

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter