• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Norway Magic 6/6/2015

I'm not familiar with the cash card with Costco...would you elaborate please?

If you use Costco as your travel agent when booking this trip, they'll send you a cash card on completion, I think it depends how much you paid for the trip. So for a 9D, for example, you would receive $310. I understand if you book directly through DCL that you can change your TA to Costco within 30 days of making the reservation.

Hi all!

We are looking very seriously at this cruise. I am thinking of booking it soon. Only drawback may be the airfare (from Denver). It will be myself, my wife, and my daughter (age 7).

We are already doing the transatlantic this May, and would really like to do the itinerary next year, but it interferes too much with school.

I'm 1/2 Norwegian heritage, so this itinerary really holds my attention!

Looking forward to meeting you all (but we don't do Facebook for privacy reasons, so hope there will be a lot of information posted here :))

I am seriously considering defecting from the 9 night for this one. I see my DD almost 7 now will have some girls of similar age to play with. I also am not on Facebook so would love to not miss out as I have on previous cruise meets. :) I can save a lot of $ for same 9C or move up to verandah for same cost. Any thoughts? Why did you choose this one over the 9 night?

We're in

This will be the 2nd of a b2b. I am hoping we can get airfare through Iceland as we did for 2013. Great airline and the coolest layover ever!

I am seriously considering defecting from the 9 night for this one. I see my DD almost 7 now will have some girls of similar age to play with. I also am not on Facebook so would love to not miss out as I have on previous cruise meets. :) I can save a lot of $ for same 9C or move up to verandah for same cost. Any thoughts? Why did you choose this one over the 9 night?

I priced out the Baltic 7 night and 9 night and it was the same price as the B2B2B of this one, so I booked this one :good vibes 30 nights instead of 16 for the same price was a no brainer for me

If you use Costco as your travel agent when booking this trip, they'll send you a cash card on completion, I think it depends how much you paid for the trip. So for a 9D, for example, you would receive $310. I understand if you book directly through DCL that you can change your TA to Costco within 30 days of making the reservation.

Two more posts..Just post, 2 then post 1…you'll be able to PM :goodvibes

Hello,

My name is Anja and I´m from The Netherlands.
Me and my husband also booked the 7/night Norwegian Fjord Cruise and are really excited about it!
It´s our first Disney Cruise.
I have to make 10 posts on this forum ;)

Greetings from central Mexico. This will be the final leg of our B2B2B. We had originally thought about having that week between in Copenhagen on our own but changed our minds yesterday afternoon and had this one booked by dinner time.

See you on board!

Michael (and Marc)

Greetings from central Mexico. This will be the final leg of our B2B2B. We had originally thought about having that week between in Copenhagen on our own but changed our minds yesterday afternoon and had this one booked by dinner time.

See you on board!

Michael (and Marc)

AH! Welcome :) There are a few of us going B2B2B :good vibes 30 days on the Magic is going to be awesome :good vibes It might feel weird to be on land after that :scratchin:)

Wow I can't imagine being able to take off work for the B2B2B. In the summer we are lucky to get to do what amounts to a week and a half. My husband works in heating and air conditioning in Houston, TX. That's his busy season. But now that we have school aged kids we have to take vacation during the times they are out of school.

I need to do a lot of research on Norway. I really know almost nothing about it.

Wow I can't imagine being able to take off work for the B2B2B. In the summer we are lucky to get to do what amounts to a week and a half. My husband works in heating and air conditioning in Houston, TX. That's his busy season. But now that we have school aged kids we have to take vacation during the times they are out of school.

I need to do a lot of research on Norway. I really know almost nothing about it.

I was so happy it worked out for you :thumbsup2

I home school, so that isn't too bad for my crew. I am only taking one of the three though. My other kids are holding out for Hawaii or EBPC in Sept. Actually, they are lobbying for both, but I don't think that is going to happen.;)

I can imagine AC work in June in Texas is like Tax people in late March and April! That is a crazy busy season.

I'm not familiar with the cash card with Costco...would you elaborate please?

I think this was answered. But just in case, basically if you book with Costco or transfer within 30 days of booking, after you sail you get a cash card based on your cruise fare. It seems to be around 8-9%. It makes sense for me to look at it as a discount on the cruise, since the money all comes from the same place!

Hi from Australia :)

This is the final leg of our B2B2B, and it's me, DH, DD (6 by then), and DS (2 by then). My daughter LOVES Frozen (is anyone surprised?) so she is excited to be going to Norway.

My dd will turn 6 one month after the beginning of the cruise! I bet she would get along with your daughter, they can belt out "let it go" together! LOL! Hopefully we can figure out a meet for all the disboards people so the kids can meet too. Without her brothers along, my dd will definitely want some kids to play with!

DD (will be 11) and I just booked this trip, very excited. :woohoo: It'll be our 4th Disney cruise and hope to rebook with OBB benefits when we go this summer. Plan to fly in early to see Stockholm and Copenhagen. Her class has read Lois Lowry's Number the Stars (about the Danish Jews escaping to Sweden during the German occupation) and she wants to visit Gilleleje (sp?).

That was one of my favorite books! I remember when it came out, I pre-ordered it! Love anything by Lowry. We are going to Sweden before this trip too - so I'm excited to see both countries!

I home school, so that isn't too bad for my crew. I am only taking one of the three though. My other kids are holding out for Hawaii or EBPC in Sept. Actually, they are lobbying for both, but I don't think that is going to happen.;)

I home school too! (Technically just my boys now, my daughter is in a Montessori preschool that goes through K that we love, so I'll hs her in 1st grade, but she can miss school no issues). I love the perk of being able to take vacation whenever! We just did the Fantasy in January and my ds was sooooo glad to not be one of those kids sitting in Cabanas doing homework!

I home school too! (Technically just my boys now, my daughter is in a Montessori preschool that goes through K that we love, so I'll hs her in 1st grade, but she can miss school no issues). I love the perk of being able to take vacation whenever! We just did the Fantasy in January and my ds was sooooo glad to not be one of those kids sitting in Cabanas doing homework!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 My kids were sitting on a remote island in Fiji doing some school work. However, there wasn't much to do except lay on the chairs and read. LOL! On our Feb cruise, they just played, no homework or deadlines or anything.

It so nice to be able to home school. My son (13) would be 7th, but he was able to start 9th this year. Which means at 15/16 he'll be duel enrolled in high school and college, so the college class count for high school and college credits. My regret is I didn't start as early as you did!! I just started this year with my 3 and while they are all ahead, they would have been much farther along if I had worked with them before.

The flexibility and freedom of it cannot be beat!! Off season traveling and going away for 6 weeks at a time..love it. I am sure your Jan cruise was amazing!!

Greetings!! First time in ever that I'll be flying out of the US, so pretty worried about any hiccups that may arise en route. Traveling with DH, DS 17 and my brother who has never cruised, let alone experience the magic on DCL.

Can only do the 7 day, but should be awesome.

These are long-range suggestions but things to consider doing as a group on / before the cruise:
  • Fish extender gifts
  • Sail away party meet and greet
  • Palo Brunch
  • Linking reservations for dinner
  • Before-the-cruise meet in Copenhagen
I'm sure we can come up with more :)

Thoughts? Objections? :)

Can you tell I'm excited???!!!

Greetings!! First time in ever that I'll be flying out of the US, so pretty worried about any hiccups that may arise en route. Traveling with DH, DS 17 and my brother who has never cruised, let alone experience the magic on DCL.

Can only do the 7 day, but should be awesome.

:thumbsup2 This is a fun group

I'm duplicating this here for people who are not on Facebook, I want to make sure nobody's left out of the planning :thumbsup2

These are long-range suggestions but things to consider doing as a group on / before the cruise:
  • Fish extender gifts
  • Palo Brunch

I am definitely up for the cruise meet, although I will be getting off the ship and getting right back on, so maybe a lunch somewhere?

I can only do Palo brunch if Sam will go to the clubs. She has never been willing to go in the past, but maybe if she has friends on this cruise, she will be more willing to go.

Let's definitely meet for the Sail Away!! I have never done that and it sounds like so much fun :cool1:

I'll link with another family with a 9/10/11yo girl to eat dinner together. That would be so much fun for Sam and for me :goodvibes

I'm duplicating this here for people who are not on Facebook, I want to make sure nobody's left out of the planning :thumbsup2

• Fish extender gifts
  • Palo Brunch

I know my dd will be bummed if there is not a FE exchange. She loved getting back to the room to look in the FE on our last cruise.

The other stuff sounds great too. Last cruise we were on we were able to reserve the D-Lounge or a disboards meetup prior to the muster drill. Just another option if it's be easier than a pre-cruise m&g, though we'll be in Copenhagen for 4 days prior to the cruise so that most likely would work too.

I plan to treat MIL to brunch at Palo, even more fun if we can do it with other disboarders.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 My kids were sitting on a remote island in Fiji doing some school work. However, there wasn't much to do except lay on the chairs and read. LOL! On our Feb cruise, they just played, no homework or deadlines or anything.

It so nice to be able to home school. My son (13) would be 7th, but he was able to start 9th this year. Which means at 15/16 he'll be duel enrolled in high school and college, so the college class count for high school and college credits. My regret is I didn't start as early as you did!! I just started this year with my 3 and while they are all ahead, they would have been much farther along if I had worked with them before.

The flexibility and freedom of it cannot be beat!! Off season traveling and going away for 6 weeks at a time..love it. I am sure your Jan cruise was amazing!!

I tend to just schedule school around our vacations. We do "school" for 36 weeks a year, so plenty of time to work in vacations. We've never done 6 weeks, though! My kinds are younger, and about 2 1/2 weeks into any vacation they are ready to go home. This will be our longest (probably 3 1/2 weeks) since we went to Japan. Hoping the nearly 3 years will make a difference in their tolerance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter