• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Norway Cruise (+Iceland/Copenhagen/Dover) TIPS (consolidated)

Does anyone have any experience renting an electric scooter for a European cruise? My aunt has had double knee replacements and has hip issues. She typically rents one for our trips. I found one website, Special Needs at Sea, that seems to be able to offer this, but wondered if anyone had ever done this before out of Copenhagen?

Thanks!

Who says that? Not being snarky, just asking. I've never flown International.

My mother in law says 9-12 months out, and a lady I work with from England said to start looking 1 year out.

This Norwegian Airlines is pretty attractive to me....the reviews were mostly at the airports when checking in, not many complaints in flight.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just a little fyi? Some of us on the May 2015 EBTA have started buying our airfare now for the return leg of our trip. And if you look at the airfare websites, look out at 150 days out from a pretend trip, you will notice the prices are higher. I think your mil and friend are correct. We searched every month, last day of the month for a year out, and our price that we booked with, was the lowest. :thumbsup2

Quick bump..

Just a word for people out there - many airlines June/July 2015 has opened up for booking (SAS for example, as well as british airways through mid July)

US airlines schedule looks like it's to early July 1st (as of today).. so it's probably time to start watching, as well as getting creative

Norwegian has a sale, by the way, through March 2015 (too bad).. I personally haven't decided if I will risk it as it seems to be hit or miss with their flights...

Norwegian has a sale, by the way, through March 2015 (too bad).. I personally haven't decided if I will risk it as it seems to be hit or miss with their flights...

There was a press release 9/16 from Norwegian airlines with new routes & addition of planes, so we were able to book Orlando to Copenhagen with a short layover in London for 6/27/15. The price was unbelievably low. I did add on the package with meals/luggage/seat choice & two additional checked bags. I know it might be taking a risk booking that airline, but I went for it. I especially like flying at night so hopefully we can sleep on the plane :)

I'll be booking the flight home in a couple of weeks. That one is non-stop London (Gatwick) to Orlando. That's a brand new route for them too.

There was a press release 9/16 from Norwegian airlines with new routes & addition of planes, so we were able to book Orlando to Copenhagen with a short layover in London for 6/27/15. The price was unbelievably low. I did add on the package with meals/luggage/seat choice & two additional checked bags. I know it might be taking a risk booking that airline, but I went for it. I especially like flying at night so hopefully we can sleep on the plane :)

I'll be booking the flight home in a couple of weeks. That one is non-stop London (Gatwick) to Orlando. That's a brand new route for them too.

Well we are taking a chance on Norwegian Airlines as well. Just booked our one-way return from Copenhagen to JFK for after the EBTA next May. Have searched all over and could not find a price that touched theirs. A one-way for under $300.00 is incredible for an economy seat. We actually booked a premium seat for $785.00 pp which includes 2 free bags, 2 premium meals (breakfast and dinner), premium seat (46" compared to 31" in economy), fast track and the ability to pick your seats at booking).

We booked for May 31st which was much less expensive than booking May 30th (day we get off ship). We wanted to spend an extra day in Copenhagen anyway so it worked out great.

Also booked our one-way to Florida to the cruise on May 15. Got a good rate on United.

MJ

I noticed that Delta has round trip flights DIRECT from Dulles to London for those doing the Copenhagen to London 6/29 trip - only 60K air miles - seems cheap for an international fare. Then after landing in London, you can hop a 1 way cheap flight to Copenhagen. Pleasantly surprised. Hope this helps someone!

Jodie

On the first page of this thread, it shows what airlines have n/s flights from the U.S. to Copenhagen. I don't have any experience with Air Canada, SAS, Iceland Air, etc. Any recommendations on preferred airlines or ones to avoid?

On the first page of this thread, it shows what airlines have n/s flights from the U.S. to Copenhagen. I don't have any experience with Air Canada, SAS, Iceland Air, etc. Any recommendations on preferred airlines or ones to avoid?

Can't give you any advice from experience, but we booked Icelandair for our upcoming cruise. Researched reviews and past flyers, and most seem very pleased. And book early, early for best prices! :)

We booked Iceland air going over and having a few days in Iceland. We are coming back on SAS to Dublin then Westjet to Canada. I am anxiously waiting for port excursions to be posted but I expect will not happen until january.

We flew Iceland air summer 2013 following EBTA on DCL Magic and a NCL Barcelona-Venice 12 nt cruise we hooked on.-loved it along with our 2 nt stopover in Iceland

Did a Baltics cruise August 2014 (NCL 9 nts) prior to WBTA on DCL this year. Spent time in the UK first prior to flying into CPH. Highly recommend Crowne Plaza Towers if a large family and plan to use public transportation. We like to hook a cruise onto a transatlantic and book based on dates and price so we can spend time exploring in Europe :)

Agree on back to back in Europe. I booked the RXL Allure for 7 nite med cruise out of Barcelona which leaves 24 hours after we disembark in Copenhagen.

Another shout-out for B2Bs. We are doing the 11-night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruise B2B with the 12-night Baltics. So excited!

Calfan said:
Another shout-out for B2Bs. We are doing the 11-night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruise B2B with the 12-night Baltics. So excited!

Our European b2b have been DCL plus another, not same cruiseline. DCL itineraries don't always mesh since there is only one DCL ship in Europe and price can vary widely, or we want something more in the itinerary DCL isn't providing (like after EBTA 2013, DCL only had 7 nt following it... No Turkey or Venice... But NCL offered that which fit nicely switching ships after dcl EBTA ). Within 18 months we will have cruised 71 nights in that timeframe (counting our DCL Fantasy cruise next week) - six different ships on four different lines. Always keeping our cruising options open :)

Btw you will love the Baltics ports. :) really enjoyed them this August! Used Alla Tours for all of our excursions. Highly recommend!

May 2015 EBTA from Canaveral to copenhagen. Guess the history thing pulls us toward europe. I was a european history guy.

Btw you will love the Baltics ports. :) really enjoyed them this August! Used Alla Tours for all of our excursions. Highly recommend!

We have been waiting for DCL to go back to the Baltics since 2010. Awesome to hear of others who enjoyed the Baltics. We are doing the ABD add-on for the Baltics cruise so don't have to worry about booking excursions for that one. Will keep the recommendation in mind for future reference though. We have a couple of private tours booked for the Norway/Iceland cruise. Waiting for DCL to announce port adventures for the remaining ports.

May 2015 EBTA from Canaveral to copenhagen. Guess the history thing pulls us toward europe. I was a european history guy.

Yep. Love the historical aspects of our European trips. We are on the Norway/Iceland cruise so won't be on the same one as you, but GO BEARS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter