Norway Cruise (+Iceland/Copenhagen/Dover) TIPS (consolidated)

I'm not a local to Copenhagen, but I visited two years ago. :) Spent a long weekend there. We rented an apartment near Tivoli Gardens.

For a one day visit, I would recommend visiting Amalienborg, Christiansborg, and sitting out at one of the restaurants at Nyhavn on a sunny day! And Tivoli in the evening. The marble church is beautiful too. We walked everywhere in Copenhagen and did not use public transport once, so I have no tips for that as a tourist!

If you have more than one day, and are happy to use public transport to venture out of the city, I loved visiting Elsinore and Hillerod more than visiting Copenhagen. Elsinore is where the castle where Hamlet was based is located (Kronborg castle) and is a quaint little town. Hillerod is home to Frederiksborg castle which is just spectacular inside. Highly would recommend either of these towns to visit! It is possible to do them both in one day as long as you schedule your day well.

This is awesome! We're on the EBTA and it's all new to us (although we are cruising the Fjords with RCCL this year). This thread will be great for planning. :)

This is an AWESOME collection of information. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this!!:worship:

Thank you for starting this thread! Helpful info especially about transportation issues. Trying to figure out best way to get to airport from Dover. London is the closest airport I guess.

Does anyone know how far the airport from the port?
Also how's the weather in May/ June?

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

Robin"D";51072723 said:
Does anyone know how far the airport from the port?
Also how's the weather in May/ June?

Robin & Angel "D". :thumbsup2

Sorry, I meant for Copenhagen [airport] , N. Europe [weather]

Thanks

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

The tours will be in English, they offer more English tours then Danish in the summer, which is quite funny.
I'm a vegetarian on a semi gluten free diet (Not an easy one, I know) And I can still get food here. Gluten free is not a common thing but more and more restaurants have gluten free options now, so you'll be fine.

As long as they understand the allergy I am good, I actually follow a paleo diet because of it so I don't necessarily need gluten-free substitute just understanding of what ingredients can't be in the food. Thanks :)

I'm not a local to Copenhagen, but I visited two years ago. :) Spent a long weekend there. We rented an apartment near Tivoli Gardens.

For a one day visit, I would recommend visiting Amalienborg, Christiansborg, and sitting out at one of the restaurants at Nyhavn on a sunny day! And Tivoli in the evening. The marble church is beautiful too. We walked everywhere in Copenhagen and did not use public transport once, so I have no tips for that as a tourist!

If you have more than one day, and are happy to use public transport to venture out of the city, I loved visiting Elsinore and Hillerod more than visiting Copenhagen. Elsinore is where the castle where Hamlet was based is located (Kronborg castle) and is a quaint little town. Hillerod is home to Frederiksborg castle which is just spectacular inside. Highly would recommend either of these towns to visit! It is possible to do them both in one day as long as you schedule your day well.

Thanks for the input will have to keep this on mind once I find out how much time we will have there. Everyone keeps talking about Tivoli, is it not just a small amusement park? Is it really worth making the effort to visit? I don't want to offend anybody I just figured we should be looking at castle and quaint streets not an amusement park but if it has a cultural tie then well sign me up :thumbsup2

I will happily be a guide in Copenhagen. Me and my boyfriend. It's just an offer

wondering if there are any park and cruise type hotels in the Copenhagen area? We are living in SE Germany and it really doesn't look like there are affordable airfares close by. If I have to drive to Frankfurt, pay for parking for two weeks (we are on BTB w/the 7 day Baltic) and still pay over $1200 for our family to fly, then we will probably just drive. It seems like it's about 10 hours to drive, whether we take the ferry to Rodby or drive across the bridges.

Anyway, a casual search doesn't turn up anything like this, where you park your car and take a shuttle to the port. I was finally able to find one hotel in Venice that had a pkg like that for our Med cruise this summer.

We are so excited to meet all of you on the Norway and Iceland cruise next June. Has anyone thought of doing another Secret Mickey exchange? :banana:

Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter