Northwest Flyers HELP

disneyfanfamily

DIS Veteran
We are flying out of Detroit on June 27. Tomorrow is my 90 day point at which I need to pick our seats. I have never done this before. I have already found the site I need to do this at, but obviously cannot even look at the set up because of the 90 day point not being until tomorrow.

So, is this easy to do? We are a family of 5. I would prefer we all sit in the same vicinity if possible. Please, if you have picked your seats before, is there anything I need to know beforehand. We have always flown Delta and gone through a TA, so have never had to pick our seat. They were just given to us. I am probably worried about nothing.

Do I need to get online early in the a.m. to make sure we get together?

TIA!
Angela

Relax. It's not a huge ordeal.

If you booked all 5 of you under the same itinerary, NWA will seat you close together. That's always been what's happened with us when we've travelled in a group of 4 and 6. My guess is you'll have 1 row of the 3 and then the row across of 2.

When you login, you will see the seats that have been pre-assigned to you. That doesn't mean you can't change them. You can look at the seat map and move your family to where you'd like to be, based on what's available.

Be aware that you will not be able to move very far forward. NWA reserves a good portion of the front of the plane for its frequent flyers. If those seats aren't taken closer to departure...like within in a few days...then those seats may open up.

We're in MSP so NWA is dominant here. I've never had them break up a party on a single itinerary when I've booked in advance.

Thanks. I feel a little more at ease. I did not know that they already assigned seats to you and that I could just change them. I thought NO ONE had seats and that whoever got to the computer first got the best seats. Thanks for your reply. Now I can go through my day with less stress! (Not that I was TOO stressed). DH just want to make sure we are together or at least close to each other. He will be at work, so I am the one who has to get our seats.

We rode Delta once on a very LARGE plane. I think they sat 2 then 5 then 2??? DH was many rows in front of us with our boys and DD and I were way in the back. It was our first experience flying and we do not want that if at all possible.

Thanks
Angela

As the previous poster said, your seat will already be assigned. If the plane is nearly full you will not have much chance of moving all 5 of you around.

Another thing you can do is go to www.seatguru.com and check out the plane you are flying on. It tells you seats to avoid and seats that are above average. I find this especially useful when booking window seats as on certain planes a window seat may not actually have a window... The plane type should be listed on your itinerary.

As stated above, it is no big deal and it should be fun! Just log on, check it out, and go on with your day. Don't let it stress you. Flying is fun!

Duds

Thanks! I will go and see what kind of plane we have. "Flying is fun".....well...my whole family thinks so, except me. I almost get sick because I am so nervous! But I just smile and pretend to have fun for my kids' sakes. So far they have not seen through me! They LOVE it!
Angela

I fly NWA often (elite member) and have found that you can often select your seat the night before the 90 day mark. You might check the site this evening and see if you can get your seat assignments tonight. It has worked for me several times.

Be aware you wont be able to select your return flight seats until the 90 day bench mark as well for that flight.

Thanks everyone! I selected our seats. The had us in 2 rows, 3 in one and then 2 in one. I just put us in the same row. It was easy. I sure stressed about nothing! Now I have to wait 11 more days to look at the return home flight.
Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter