• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Northface deals PLEASE!!!! I ruined my DD"s jacket

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
I totally ruined my daughters Northface jacket because a perm. black marker was in my jacket pocket and the cap came off in the DRYER so the stain is set.

I told her I would get her another but I need a huge deal!!

There is a ink remover that they sell at home depot, in the paint section. Its in a spray bottle. I cannot remember the name I need to buy a new bottle. Dh leaves his pens and markers in his pockets all the time. It may take a few soakings/washings. I use it on everything, it works really good on plastic. I write on containers and just clean it off. Worth a shot and cheaper than a jacket.

There is a ink remover that they sell at home depot, in the paint section. Its in a spray bottle. I cannot remember the name I need to buy a new bottle. Dh leaves his pens and markers in his pockets all the time. It may take a few soakings/washings. I use it on everything, it works really good on plastic. I write on containers and just clean it off. Worth a shot and cheaper than a jacket.
I don't know if I use the same product as you, but what I use is called Lift Off and can be found at Home Depot. There is one specifically for permanent markers. This got Sharpie Marker stains out for me.

If the stain remover doesn't work and you have to buy a new one, see if you can hold off for a little while. I got my dds northfaces at Dick's Sporting Goods on end of season clearance. It was when they were having an extra percentage off all clearance items. I think the jackets were around $30~:)

Try hairspray on the stain. It can't hurt! Just don't put it in the dryer again! Peroxide might help, too. Soaking the jacket might actually lighten the stain enough so it can be worn.

Can you even find jackets now? I found dd13 a jacket a month ago at TJMaxx - only 2 left.

Campmor has the Denali fleece kids for $69. Not an amazing deal but not too bad and they had a lot of colors.

I tried the hairspray. The problem is it went through the dryer.

This jacket I found at backcountry for $47 so at least I did not pay full price. I have found some for $80 but was hoping for a little better.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Dicks sporting goods had some on their clearance rack last weekend.

Do you have any North Fleece outlets in the area, I was in Freeport ME this weekend and got a boys extra large for around $60. I wonder if it's worth a call and maybe they could mail something out to you?

How old is she? If she's young enough not to be mortified by the stain, just let her wear it until the end of the season. She'll probably outgrow it by next year anyway.

If she's a teen, you won't get away with that.

Sheila

I just bought a jacket at Dick's sporting goods. I asked the cashier and she said that the prices are preset and not discounted. I did google a $15 coupon for Dick's and was able to use that.:goodvibes

I just bought a jacket at Dick's sporting goods. I asked the cashier and she said that the prices are preset and not discounted. I did google a $15 coupon for Dick's and was able to use that.:goodvibes

If you get Dick's rewards, you can use your coupons towards a purchase total on North Face. That is about the only way. I earned a $20 coupon and was able to put it towards a vest.

I don't know if I use the same product as you, but what I use is called Lift Off and can be found at Home Depot. There is one specifically for permanent markers. This got Sharpie Marker stains out for me.

That's it!!! I couldn't think of the name for the life of me.

Northface is known to have an excellent customer service policy. If I'm not mistaken, each piece is supposed to have a lifetime guarentee. You should at least send it to them and see what they say. If it's completely ruined, the only thing you have to loose is postage to send it back. Give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter