North or South Carolina?

OnourwaytoWDW

<font color=red>Come on... Ratt was not even NEAR
Hi folks,
We are considering relocating to either of these states. We have been thinking about it for a long time. Not much going on here central Indiana and know relocating would be a good thing.
So, tell me the good, bad and ugly about these states and town you live in.
He works for FedEx and would like to be close to an airport because he drives the semis to the station. But an 1/2 hour commute is not bad.
I"m going to school for nursing and need to be near a school to finish if I don't finish in time here.
We have a son 10 now and a girl 3 now. School is obviously important as well as exposure to different things.

Thanks!

Well the 'burbs of CHarlotte are very nice...just steer clear of Mecklenburg County (the schools are not so good). Gaston/Union/Iredell Counties are all nice.

Why not consider East Carolina, or even West Carolina? :)

Well the 'burbs of CHarlotte are very nice...just steer clear of Mecklenburg County (the schools are not so good). Gaston/Union/Iredell Counties are all nice.

Totally agree. I love being close enough to Charlotte to enjoy all of its amenities (Culture, Colleges, Airport, etc) without actually having to living in Mecklenburg County. We have the mountains a couple of hours a way, the beach a few hours away...still have the chance of an occassional winter snow that last a day or two but still pretty mild in both the summer and the winter.

DH has lived in Columbia, SC before but I have no desire to ever live in SC. NC is what its all about for me! Not too far from Disney, not too far from DC, NYC, etc. Still holds some of its southern charm while also being a pretty decent melting pot of people from all over. My neighbors are from NC of course, Pittsburgh, NY, Ohio, Florida, and Wisconsin!

There are places all over NC that would be perfect for you and your family. There are major airports in Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh and lovely places surrounding all those areas. Also major universities in all those areas to finish school and LOTS of medical facilities as well for employement for you. I live a little south of Winston-Salem and love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter