North European ports of call Port Adventures

DISNEY FANTASY

DIS Veteran
just if someone's looking there up now!

Whilst not making claims In a discussion with Mr Karl Holz I said to him get them up early otherwise people will book private tours, well there up early!

All on the DCL site.

I guess Karl wasn't listening after all :rotfl2:since I didn't see anything for the new ports.

I think we'll probably see more coming. Some of the ports only have a few port adventures and I know that there are many more well-known things to see. Also, there's nothing for Copenhagen so I suspect it's all just preliminary.

DD will want to do the Russian Ballet class, but I definitely want to do a tour in St. Peter's. I also didn't see the Princess Ball at St. Catherine's. I really hope they do that again.

I think we're going to do things on our own in the other ports.

DD will want to do the Russian Ballet class, but I definitely want to do a tour in St. Peter's. I also didn't see the Princess Ball at St. Catherine's. I really hope they do that again.

I think we're going to do things on our own in the other ports.

Yes two pages up for St Petersburg I can't see the evening character ball either, maybe added later. I am glad I have booked with Anastasia travel in St Petes as on the DCL tours you can do say two big hitters but not everything in one tour, say Hermitage and Peterhoff but not Catherine's on same tour and the evening ballet may clash with day tours times. I have a two day tour booked and a private boat your first night at a very good price overall cheaper than DCL. My Helsinki tour is also cheaper than DCL for a family of four.

I don't see anything up yet for the Norway cruises. Only Oslo is listed.

Whilst we do not go there next year, I had a look at OSLO, it's very limited but like last time. We did Hadeland glassworks and Oslo tour with the Viking museum and that was great. Far better than glass works in Venice!

The Baltic cruise ports are pretty easy to do on your own with a good guide book - like Rick Steves' Northern European Cruise Ports: http://travelstore.ricksteves.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=163&id=553; http://www.amazon.com/Steves-Northe...ords=rick+steves+northern+europe+cruise+ports

For St. Petersburg, I'd definitely use a private tour company. I was very happy with Alla Tours: http://www.alla-tour.com/

I have booked my own tours in the five ports, no need for any book just some internet searches and Anastasia in St Petersburg who I used before.

I have booked my own tours in the five ports, no need for any book just some internet searches and Anastasia in St Petersburg who I used before.

No need to "book tours" if you know what there is to do - whether that info comes from a good book (which I prefer) or internet searches.

In Oslo, the Oslo Pass is inexpensive, and covers most admissions as well as public transportation: http://www.visitoslo.com/en/activities-and-attractions/oslo-pass/ Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, and Copenhagen have similar passes.

No need to "book tours" if you know what there is to do - whether that info comes from a good book (which I prefer) or internet searches.

In Oslo, the Oslo Pass is inexpensive, and covers most admissions as well as public transportation: http://www.visitoslo.com/en/activities-and-attractions/oslo-pass/ Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, and Copenhagen have similar passes.

I prefer booked private tours, my St Petersburg ones will go to far more places than possible than DCL Tours and for my family is far cheaper than booking with DCL, yes you can do somethings on some DIY in ports, Copenhagen yes close, I have booked a private tour of the royal palaces of North Zealand now that's hard to do DIY even with a book.

You can do so so much without a book, just check online, it's like reading hear then buying a Passporter for comfort, it's out of date before it starts.

For Stockholm, does it cover the ABBA Museum? I am going there? Maybe Yusupov Palace ? I am going there, not on DCL tours.

When books recommend a HOHO think 2700 get off a ship and they all want the top deck seats on the HOHO bus, is it going to happen? If 10% of them did it at the same time, that's five buses worth.

For Stockholm, does it cover the ABBA Museum? I am going there, not on DCL tours.

We did the ABBA museum in 2013 right after it opened. Very fun and interactive. We were some of the first visitors to the exhibit and received a really cool commemorative T-shirt. I'm a big ABBA fan, have been since a child and I absolutely loved the museum.

We did the ABBA museum in 2013 right after it opened. Very fun and interactive. We were some of the first visitors to the exhibit and received a really cool commemorative T-shirt. I'm a big ABBA fan, have been since a child and I absolutely loved the museum.

Mamma Mia thank you for that great review, I hope it's worth the money money money, and knowing me knowing you that's a great recommendation. I have a dream to go, So does my children but I asked them does your mother know we are going. I asked my Stockholm TA to gimme gimme gimme some time there, hopefully not after midnight, Like you I am head over heals for going there, I do I do I do want to go, Just hope we're not late to the ship from there otherwise we will send out a SOS.

And no,

Before it's said.

I am not the dancing queen!

NancyIL, do you happen to know if the Oslo Pass covers the ferry to the Bygdoy peninsula for the museums (Viking, Con-Tiki, etc.)? I've looked at the website and think the peninsula is in zone 2S which should be covered but would like confirmation.

For the Baltics cruise, we are doing the ABD add-on, so we don't need to worry about Port Adventures there. For the Iceland/Norway cruise that is part of our B2B, none of the Oslo PAs that are up so far and none that were offered in 2010 do everything we want to cover, so we are probably going to do Oslo on our own.

NancyIL, do you happen to know if the Oslo Pass covers the ferry to the Bygdoy peninsula for the museums (Viking, Con-Tiki, etc.)? I've looked at the website and think the peninsula is in zone 2S which should be covered but would like confirmation.

For the Baltics cruise, we are doing the ABD add-on, so we don't need to worry about Port Adventures there. For the Iceland/Norway cruise that is part of our B2B, none of the Oslo PAs that are up so far and none that were offered in 2010 do everything we want to cover, so we are probably going to do Oslo on our own.

Yes, the Oslo Pass covers the ferry to Bygdoy and the museums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter