Normal Amount of Luggage?

katiemomoftwo

Earning My Ears
We have never flown or taken more than a two day trip with our kids. Our kids are 5 and 2 and we are staying for 6 nights.

I'm planning on checking 2 lg. suitcases full of clothes, a bag for toiletry items, a small suitcase for surprise tinkerbell gifts.

We will carry-on a tote with the kids' blankets, a small suitcase with 1 outfit for everybody and necessities, and a briefcase type bag with entertainment for the plane (coloring books, cd players, etc.).

Plus, I will either have a purse or backpack, whatever I will carry in the parks.

Does this sound like a normal amount? too much? too little?

I don't want to cram everything in as I plan on taking home some souvenirs. But we'll need to pack Pull-ups and won't come home with most of them.
Thanks,
Katie

Sounds about right to me. Just make sure you don't bust the weight limit on your checked bags :)

When we took DD (3 and a half at the time) last year we had a large duffel for DH, a rolling suitcase that is technically small enough to be a carry-on for me and my DD's very small rolling suitcase (just big enough for her clothes). We also had DD's backpack for her games/toys, etc. and a backpack that DH carried and my sling bag. We didn't fly, but I think we would have packed the same way even if we had flown. We had no problems with souvineers, but you could pack a lightweight bag if you think you might need more space, or you can ship some stuff home. For a 6-7 day trip I think an average of one suitcase or duffel and one backpack per person should be about right (give or take a bag or two depending on their size and whether you are packing two kids' stuff into one bag etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter