Nook Color for newspapers

drinkme

DIS Veteran
I want to buy an ereader, and I narrowed it down to the Kindle and the Nook (go figure...lol).

For the Nook, you can get the Nook Touch for free with a NYTimes yearly subscription ($19.99/month), or a Nook Color for $99 with the NYTimes subscription.

I'd love to have the NYTimes subscription, but just wondering how important is it to have the Nook Color when reading the paper?

I originally thought I would buy the ereader JUST for books, but now I'm seeing all the great stuff the new models can do.

I know I'm really late on getting on the ereader band wagon, and I know many on this board have these already.

Which one do you prefer? I just can't make up my mind.

I can't tell you about the Nook touch but I just got a nook Color for christmas and absolutely LOVE it. the load and response time is phenomenal and it's a superb platform for reading books/surfing the web. As a tech geek at heart, I have to also add in the fact that you can turn the nook Color into a fully functional Tablet with an SD card and self loading Flavor of android so for me I can't think of a better purchase than the Color for $99. Especially if you are going to get the Times anyhow. Better Processor more diverse applications Better spending ! Enjoy!

I too have a Nook Color. The magazines on there are not good. At least the USA Today isn't. You don't get the colors, etc you do say from the magazines. Other than that, magazines are great, just like the real thing. I love mine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter