Noob question about AP's

Emrys

Earning My Ears
So, am I getting this correct? If I update one of our two 5 day park hopper passes to an AP, which will cost an additional $200, we could could save $250+?

Original Rerservation w/Disney(7 days with 5 day park-hoppers) : $1,936.16
Room Only : $1,314.00
35% AP Room Only Discount (IF they release this discount) : $460
AP Room Only price : $854

Tickets from UT (without discount) : $599.91
Annual Pass upgrade for 1 ticket : $200
Total $800

AP Room Only + Tickets Total = $1654

Disney Package - AP/Room Only = $282

Plus discounts off of some food and merch that I have to look into some more.

All I would need to do is buy the tickets up front, walk into one park, upgrade one ticket to AP, and show that AP to the Resort at some point?

This is based on last years, 3 options for the end of October : free dining, AP room only, and general public room only.

I did the math of what we would spend for food with the cost of the dining plan and what we would pay OOP is about the same (roughly $650), with way too much food on the DDP. If we spent the same, and got the 20% discount we would save about $150.

AP/tickets savings + 20% food discount = ~$450. That comes out to like $2100. At this point I think IF the dining plan comes out, it would be cheaper to do the Disney package with free dining. This all so much math for one sitting :P

I have no idea what last years discounts actually were for moderate rooms.

I'm gonna go search...

I've been wondering whether to renew our AP. Waiting for the AP rates for Sept to come out. When adding it up with the GP discount (which from what I can see) has been pretty close to what the AP discounts have been of late. I'm not seeing a good enough reason to renew my AP at this point. I hope I'm wrong and the AP rates turn out to be a more significant discount.
Only time is getting short and I only have until June 22 to renew at the discounted rate. I'm hoping they release the AP rates prior to that.
Presently we are simply considering going with a 5 day Park Hopper as well. We may even have a couple of passes kicking around with some days on them, but I digress.
I'm just saying that the AP discounts of late haven't been significantly better than the GP discounts. Of course if you're planning another trip within that year, it's a whole other story.
Also something we forgot is that when you simply add in a dining plan..unless it's the Deluxe, it doesn't include an appetizer. Which is something we usually enjoy more than desert. So..do we go with a package that we are going to wind up adding money to? Or stick with a GP room only.
I have to say I would miss the 20% discount that you get from a Tables in Wonderland Card, offered only to AP holders.
Like the OP, I've been going in circles with this for a couple of weeks now. :headache:

I've been wondering whether to renew our AP. Waiting for the AP rates for Sept to come out. When adding it up with the GP discount (which from what I can see) has been pretty close to what the AP discounts have been of late. I'm not seeing a good enough reason to renew my AP at this point. I hope I'm wrong and the AP rates turn out to be a more significant discount.
Only time is getting short and I only have until June 22 to renew at the discounted rate. I'm hoping they release the AP rates prior to that.
Presently we are simply considering going with a 5 day Park Hopper as well. We may even have a couple of passes kicking around with some days on them, but I digress.
I'm just saying that the AP discounts of late haven't been significantly better than the GP discounts. Of course if you're planning another trip within that year, it's a whole other story.
Also something we forgot is that when you simply add in a dining plan..unless it's the Deluxe, it doesn't include an appetizer. Which is something we usually enjoy more than desert. So..do we go with a package that we are going to wind up adding money to? Or stick with a GP room only.
I have to say I would miss the 20% discount that you get from a Tables in Wonderland Card, offered only to AP holders.
Like the OP, I've been going in circles with this for a couple of weeks now. :headache:

nevermind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter