Non-US Back-to-back cruise difficulties

cruzincricketts

cruzincricketts
I know someone form the UK asked for a report. Guest Services told us that because our party was half US cits and half resident alien (UK cits) that we could stay onboard. CC night we recieved paperwork saying we could check in 11.45 onboard the next morning. We still had to go through early morning immigration though.
We managed immigration with difficulty as I was the only adult with 3 kids who wanted to sleep in the stroller. Immigration is now in the Walt Disney Theater so the stroller had to be left at the top of the stairs and I had to carry to littlest down the stairs. Loads of people took the opportunity to push past us in line!
We were then sent through the back of the theatre on deck 3 after picking up green cards and had to go back up to deck 4 to get the stroller (till carrying kids).
The kids then went back to bed and I packed our stuff and had it sent to our new stateroom. When the kids woke up we did our laundry and got our swim stuff and cover ups on. Unfortunatly the pools were closed and it was too cold for sunbathing. I thought I would try to check in early (10.00ish) and was told that I must leave the ship because I was a non-US cit. We were unprepared for this and only had our pool stuff and documents because everything else was in transition to the next room. Then we were told to leave at 11.30 on deck 3, then 11.00 deck 3. 11.00, deck 3 we were told we should get off at deck 1 then deck 3 agzin where there was some confusion on who should see us off and if we were allowed off. Finally, a security officer walked us down the gangway to the terminal building where we checked back in. By this time DD2 had wet pants and DD3 a toxic diaper. Fortunatly we met DH who had supplies for us in the terminal building.

This was all a pain in the butt, however, if I were American I would do a back to back cruise again. Staying on board is definately a perk and you get to pick dining preferences and a Palo's res before anyone comes on board. As a Non US citizen I would plan to get off early and get a day pass at Ron jon's using the day as an excursion day and get back on board in time for boat drill. I guess we slipped the net because we were split nationalities.

I hope this will help non-US citizens plan their back-to-back cruises.

Thank you for the report on this. I hope that you enjoyed both of your cruises. I am moving this post to the trip reports forum with the others so that everyone can be directed there for all of them. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post. It was me who asked about non us citizens and the check in procedure for back-to-back cruises. It sounds like we may have to get off the ship to check in after all. Nice to be prepared just in case.
:thanks:

Can you tell me more re: the transfer of bags from one room to the other? What time did you have to have them ready what time did you have to be out of your room?

Hello everybody !!! :bride:
I am from Belgium and I will make my first Cruise with Disney on the Magic from 1st to 8 April 2006.
There will be my parents, my sister, my daughter (6 years ) and I.
What do you mean exactly by "back-to-back cruise" ?
Do I have to make something special on my arrival at the check-in ? Please also inform me if we need special documents (because we are non US).
I don't want to miss my first Disney cruise for administrative problems !!
Thanks a lot to all european citizen who already experienced this
:cheer2:

Did they walk you to the front of the check in line and able to reboard right away or did you have to go thru all the lines the same as you did for your original cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter