• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non-Traditional Pizza

Taco pizza - it's big here in Iowa, don't know about anywhere else. My friends from New Jersey think it's a total abomination but hey, it's tasty.

start with a regular hamburger/onion pizza then when it comes out add shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar and crushed taco doritos, add taco sauce if you want.

i make a "crustless pizza". you use a pound of ground beef (combined with an egg and some italian seasoning or garlic salt) to make a sort of crust, then just put whatever you want on top. if anyone wants the recipe, i'll post it.

Can't remember the name, but it's the signature dish of Pizza Express. Thin, crispy and bursting with flavour (like the Italians) only with the centre cut out and filled with a cæsar salad. Nice and healthy!

Rich::

I had one yesterday that I loved! (and I don't really like pizza much)

It was thing sliced steak (like Steak-um type), spinach, mushrooms and bacon. All my favorites! It was on a traditional pizza with a light tomato sauce and mozzerella.

Antipasta Pizza- Prepare the pizza dough (tube) on pan. Place garlic ,red pepper flakes, black pepper and cheeses (2c provolone and a couple handfuls of parmesian cheese onto dough). Bake 15 minutes 425 degrees. Have ready some chopped romaine lettuce, chopped salami, chopped marinated mushrooms artichoke hearts, chopped mild or hot peppers, chopped roasted peppers and some black or green chopped olives. Or whatever you have.
Top the cooked pizza w/toppings and cut in squares.
Delicious as meal or app.

We love the Hawaiian pizza - pineapple and ham. Actually I could do with just the pineapple. I also love a pizza with just peppers and onions on it.

DS likes buffalo chicken pizza

My favorite is spicy chicken sausage with carmelized balsamic onions.

1. cook spicy chicken sausage meat (take out of the casing)
2. saute onions in olive oil/butter (whatever fat you prefer) slowly until lightly carmelized. Add Balsamic vinegar to the pan and saute a few more minutes.
3. I prefer a small amount of tomato sauce, then add sausage and sauteed onions.
4. thinly slice fresh mozzarella and place on top of pizza (you can use shredded mozz...but I prefer the fresh flavor of "real" mozz).

Bake :upsidedow

Delish!

Bacon Ranch Pizza

Bake the pizza dough, spread a thin layer of ranch dressing on dough, sprinkle on that some monterey jack or co-jack cheese. Top with diced, cooked chicken, crumbled bacon, thinly sliced tomato, and diced red onion. Bake again until melted.

I am very, very lucky since I live a few minutes away from the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) I've had some killer pizza's there, but my favorite is a wood fired goat cheese, carmelized onion, basil, and truffle oil pizza. :love:

I am very, very lucky since I live a few minutes away from the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) I've had some killer pizza's there, but my favorite is a wood fired goat cheese, carmelized onion, basil, and truffle oil pizza. :love:

God grief I could go for one of those right now!

Rich::

A local pizza place makes a killer Bacon Chicken Ranch pizza. Their ranch dressing is thick and really good.:thumbsup2

I've never made it at home, but I love Thai chicken pizza. It has a peanutty type sauce, chicken, peanut crumbs, cilantro, shredded carrot, and bean sprouts (all but the first couple ingredients are put on after cooking). Not a lot of cheese, but I think it's just plain mozzarella.

I'm also a fan of various goat cheese pizzas as well. :goodvibes

One of our local Pizza Places has a BLT Pizza. It is so good. Not sure how they make it, but it has mayo, Bacon, Lettuce & tom and cheese.

Mine is very strange, but I love it. I buy Mama Mary's individual pizza crusts. First I cut two slices of bologna into strips and fry then up until crispy. Then I add two scrambled eggs with herbs, onions and garlic powder, grated parmesan cheese. When that is done I bake the crust until crispy and cover it with some fake butter and garlic powder and put the bologna and egg on top, add some mozzarella on top. Bake until cheese is all bubbly. Trust me, it is so good.

...my fave is chicken francese pizza!! There is a local place that makes an awesome pizza with ketchup, french fries, bacon, and cheddar'n'mozzarella cheeses - it is SOOOO filling that I rarely eat more than one slice!

i make a "crustless pizza". you use a pound of ground beef (combined with an egg and some italian seasoning or garlic salt) to make a sort of crust, then just put whatever you want on top. if anyone wants the recipe, i'll post it.

I'd be interested in the recipe please! Sounds like it has low-carb potential :)

My favorite is also a white pizza: chicken and broccoli drizzled with a little bit of cream sauce with lemon. YUMMY!!

yummmmy! Is the broccoli put on raw?

I like a white pizza with chicken, garlic, chopped tomatoes, artichoke hearts and onions.

Also, there's this reataurant around here that makes a apple pie pizza. We get it at night and eat it for breakfast.

Fresh Tomato and Basil Pizza

Pillbusbury Pizza crust
Single layer of fresh tomato slices
Garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper to taste
Cheese of choice ( we use fresh grated Locatelli and Mozzarella)
Fresh Basil leaves
any veggie topping you pull from your garden or have in the house (we haev used onions, broccolim mushrooms, peppers.

Bake.

Very light and goes perfect with a salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter