Non-Tipped Role?

christiemarsh88

CP--Fall 2009 Merchandise
I noticed that the roles that might traditionally accept tips all say that they are "non-tipped roles." It just got me thinking...if CPs can't accept tips, what happens if a table leaves them a tip? A BBB hostess or bellhop can just graciously turn one down, but guests might just get up and go at a restaurant, leaving their gratuity on the table. What happens to that money? Anyone know?

When CP's are placed in the Full Service Food and Beverage Role, they are not servers. They are working at the front of the house as a host/hostess.

ICP's that are cultural representatives however, can be servers, and are allowed to accept tips.

If you are a CP, you most likely won't be waiting tables, so I guess that kind of clears that up. If you get the role of Full Service F&B, you will be more of a host and will be performing roles more such as rolling silverware and seating tables. Almost always, they have FT/PT cast members as servers in WDW.;)

A BBB hostess or bellhop can just graciously turn one down, but guests might just get up and go at a restaurant, leaving their gratuity on the table. What happens to that money? Anyone know?

When I was there, the Fairy Godmother's in the BBB couldn't turn down tips. That could be considered rude and make things awkward for the people trying to give them money. It was a pool of money they split anyway. Don't know if it is still that way. :confused3

You think Disney would really turn away somebody handing them money?! :rotfl2:

I believe that Housekeeping & Bell Services CPs do get to keep their tips even though the Role Checklist may state otherwise.

I believe that Housekeeping & Bell Services CPs do get to keep their tips even though the Role Checklist may state otherwise.

I was a Housekeeping Resert Runner at the Grand and got to keep my tips. Most CPs I knew in housekeeping at other resorts got to keep theirs too.

yeah officially no CPs get tipped positions as defined by the company, but the reality is it comes down to location, role, and your managers.

I was in golf on my first CP and went home with 50-80 dollars a night in tips from jan to april.

yeah officially no CPs get tipped positions as defined by the company, but the reality is it comes down to location, role, and your managers.

I was in golf on my first CP and went home with 50-80 dollars a night in tips from jan to april.

Wow, Golf? What role was that?

Wow, Golf? What role was that?

recreation. They do not take CPs there anymore, only advanced interns and you have to be enrolled in a golf school to even apply.

Company policy is that you have to strongly refuse it three times, and then you can take it. You then have to tell your Coordinator (WDW)/Lead (DLR) or Manager, who decides whether or not you can keep it.

If it's a situation where you can't refuse (they give it to you and then walk off into the crowd), you also have to consult with your Coordinator or Manager.

For me, most of the time I can keep it. Though, many managers will take it and add it to the fund used for Cast Activities/Cast Reward & Recognition.

Im doing housekeeping in the fall
and from all i heard im pretty sure we get to keep tips
but im sure they will tell us whats up in training and what to do in that situation

as far as housekeeping goes, I heard (but dont quote me) you can only accept a tip if it has a note say it is for housekeeping or "mousekeeping"

BBB does take tips. The tips are distributed evenly based on hours worked each week, so those CPs do have the opportunity to make quite a bit more.

This is not true at the resort I worked at this past fall. CP bell services only do dispatch which doesn't warrant tips, but when they were offered them, they had to say no. After saying no three times, they could accept but had to immediately turn it in to a full timer. I saw a CP get fired for not turning the tip in. Front desk also has guests try to tip them and after the three no's, they give it to the managers and it starts a "pizza fund". After we raised enough they would order pizza for everyone so that we all could share it :)

This is not true at the resort I worked at this past fall. CP bell services only do dispatch which doesn't warrant tips, but when they were offered them, they had to say no. After saying no three times, they could accept but had to immediately turn it in to a full timer. I saw a CP get fired for not turning the tip in. Front desk also has guests try to tip them and after the three no's, they give it to the managers and it starts a "pizza fund". After we raised enough they would order pizza for everyone so that we all could share it :)

Haha, well then I guess I'll stop tipping the luggage people. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter