non-rigid Plastic bottles or "bladders"

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by PinkRhombus, Jan 12, 2010.

1. PinkRhombus

PinkRhombus need...more...coffee

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bastiansmom

Bastiansmom Mouseketeer

I've never used one of those, but I have packed an unopened bottle of liquor in my checked baggage. That container is larger than 3oz so you wouldn't be able to pack it in your carryon.

4. PinkRhombus

PinkRhombus need...more...coffee

I would be checking it.

5. dex08

dex08 DIS Veteran

I've only ever used my Platypus for water.

Filling it up with alcohol and checking it would screams "TSA --- hand search me!!!".

Save your money and just pack a bottle of liquor instead of buying a Platypus for this reason.

6. 3boymthr

3boymthr DIS Veteran

I would not do it.

They do leak.

And we have had one literally burst. It was in a padded backpack that was accidentally placed on the bottom of the pile of other backpacks. Seams broke wide open under the pressure. Water everywhere. Luckily on the pack it was in and the bed of the truck got wet but can you imagine getting to your destination and finding everything in your suitcase smells like alcohol. :scared1:

7. plutolovr

plutolovr DIS Veteran

8. Jsme

Jsme DIS Veteran

I have the rum runners. I use it in my checked luggage and have had no problems with them ever. Just follow the directions that come with them.

9. QT Pooh

QT Pooh DIS Veteran

I have used the rum runners as well in my checked baggage. I usually just put them inside a ziploc but have not ever had any issues on the flight. We take them camping with us too - much easier than transporting the bottles.

10. DisneyAndRedSox

DisneyAndRedSox I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Another fan here of the Rum Runner. My Mom and I shared an order of a few different sizes and they are currently sailing on the Oasis of the Seas... :rotfl:

11. poohs4me

poohs4me DIS Veteran

Another fan of the rum runner. On another board :rolleyes1 it was recommended that you should wrap the rum runner in a diaper with to catch any leaks and then put it in a ziplock. This is what I have done without any problems. :thumbsup2